Sign in to follow this  
phoenixphire

Should I install SP1 and SP2?

Guest dougwells

Everything is running well on my FSX but I am about to install some add-ons. If I am going to install SP1 and SP2, I figure now is the time to do it.My add-ons to date are- Dreamfleet Dakota- AlphaSim LongEZI'm likely going to add- Active Sky- FEX- UTXand maybe...- Avidyne Student- FSD SaratogaI'm running Vista with the following:Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6750 with Viiv Processor Technology(?)Windows Vista Home addition2Gig RamNVIDIA Geoforce 8500 GT30 inch monitor (HP LP3065c)Thanks everyone!

Yeah I would also recommend Acceleration. Can't beat the deal you get for 20-30 dollars. Not too sure how much it costs anymore :SYou won't be disappointed with UTX, FEX, and ASX. Great addons!(I'm with you on the Long-EZ ;))

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Guest dougwells

Holy Cows that was quick! ThanksCan anyone point me towards a worthwhile post on the best process for installing "Acceleration". There are so many posts regarding this that I'm not sure where to start. If there were one or two that you felt were well done, I'd appreciate getting pointed in the right direction.I assume I have to uninstall my add-ons to date. Is the reinstall process pretty straightforward. I assume I have to send Flight1 and AlphaSim and email and explain I did an uninstall and have them send me another copy? I have backups of the original install files. Will these work?Thanks again!

I could be wrong but I don't think you will have any trouble at all. Just install acceleration and you should be good.If you do for some reason have troubles (in my case-not from fs but Vista which trashed my whole computer for 2 months after trying to automatically update to sp1)-flight one is a cinch to get back. You just redownload the product and click reinstall ( I wish all fs products were this way). Not sure about the alphasim though.http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

No pain, No gain. SP1 didn't cause any problems for my system, but SP2 does. We are all forced to deal with the consequences.

For what its worth I had no trouble with either. I had a big jump in performance when I installed SP1 and didn't notice too much with Acceleration. I have read from others on the forum that some 3rd party ad-dons have some issues with Acceleration, however I could not tell you which ones. I would actually like to know which ones are causing issues.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg