Sign in to follow this  
Guest pwheeler

Heads UP! ... FSWC IS BEING RELEASED

Guest President Bush

Tile Proxy + GEX + FEX + ASX + FSWC + X Graphics = ACES Can't program.How many mods can you add?It's time for ACES to fess up - you couldn't program your way out of a plastic bag!

>>>>>>Yes ... what is this scenery? There's so very little of FSX>left in this screenshot that I'm not sure you could even say>it's Flight Simulator X anymore!>>Looks like Tile Proxy with GEX, FEX cloud structures and>FSWC.>The above is Horizon Simulation's GenerationX V2 UK Photoscenery, and FEX. Apart from FSWC and some added Autogen, that's it.

Guest Rainey

Another bug with the installer!If you don't have FSX installed and/or can't locate the directory where it belongs, the installer will not let you close or cancel out.I tried to install it on a secondary machine I have to uninstall it again as a test, but discovered this problem. Its not a big one, but certainly one to note.

Guest Nick_N

We certainly did not expect people to install it without FSX installed as the EULA states to use the software requires a legal and correctly registered copy of FSX installed on the machine before the user runs the file.however this bug we knew about shortly after release and it is being reviewed for a fix. For right now dont install it unless the system has FSX on it and if you do, CTRL-ALT-DEL and end process till we finish the bug check on that.We would prefer everyone hold on installs/uninstalls till we issue the patch to fix the uninstaller problem (assuming you installed FSWC to a directory other than default)I have been up all night reviewing and testing the new files and patch for those who may need it and they will be available soon.

Guest fsxmissionguy

>>The above is Horizon Simulation's GenerationX V2 UK>Photoscenery, and FEX. Apart from FSWC and some added Autogen,>that's it.>LOL."Apart from every aspect of this scene starting with the ground, the sky, the water and the added autogen, not being FSX, that's the only changes!"Heh. ;)

>>>>The above is Horizon Simulation's GenerationX V2 UK>>Photoscenery, and FEX. Apart from FSWC and some added>Autogen,>>that's it.>>>>LOL.>>"Apart from every aspect of this scene starting with the>ground, the sky, the water and the added autogen, not being>FSX, that's the only changes!">>Heh. ;)Heh..well yes, point taken.But this for me is the great thing about FS - it's a base to build upon, depending on your area's of interest. You couldn't do all this in a single out-of-the-box product - not within a reasonable size and development period anyway.It's people like the FSWC guy's that make the FS scene so interesting, and sustain its interest between dev cycles.

Thanks Nick for the info on FSWC. Nick, what is GEX and can you use it with Ultimate Terrain USA? I will load FSX for the first time on my new computer and I would like to fly as realistic as I can. Doyou know about FEX and what it is about?BestLamar

Regards

Lamar Wright

Guest Nick_N

Hi LamarI take it you are new to the MSFS world?GEX is ground textures and right now it covers USA/Canada with Europe and Oceania coming (all different packages)UTX is landclass upgrades and right now it covers USA/Canada and Europe and I do believe Alaska is coming (cant remember) (all different packages)FEX is water, waves, sky and clouds (one package)All those addons do something different and all work great together. You can see a GEX/UTX review here at AVSIM http://www.avsim.com/pages/0508/MultiScene/MultiScene.htmand FEX is just a plain must have for a great way to tie it all together in the environmentLandclass upgrades such as SceneryTech North America and FSGenesis can also add to the experience by fixing the little one horse towns and changing the texture calls to more accurately depict the real world.Mesh like FSGenesis 10m USA and their world product can upgrade and improve the topographyThere are many support products out there to upgrade the default sim.

Guest Nick_N

Please note I am posting this here and in another thread to be sure it is seen.... PATCH AND UPGRADE POSTED FOR FSWC USERSWe identified a bug in the uninstaller part of FSWC. This bug will only affect you if you installed FSWC to a location other than the default location the installer provided, or, you did not provide a custom "individual" install folder for FSWC when browsed. Let me preface this post by saying most users of FSWC are not affected by this issue and you can identify your situation by the descriptions provided below. We have posted a new version of FSWC, v3.14 and a patch for everyone to use/upgrade to in order to resolve all issues around the problem.* Please be aware that we have designed the patch instructions to cover everyone however those who installed FSWC to its default location are safe to uninstall FSWC using Add and Remove Programs and do not need the patch, simply uninstall FSWC v3.0 and then upgrade to v3.15.* For those who installed FSWC to a place other than the default location, a patch has been posted at the FSWC website. The same patch is available inside the FSWC v3.15 update package as well. * It is your choice as to which you prefer to download. One download link is the uninstall patch by itself should you wish to only uninstall FSWC and the other download includes the same patch along with a complete upgrade to version 3.15 which fixes the issue permanently.* If you installed FSWC v3.0 (original release) by browsing to any location in which FSWC IS NOT installed in its own directory or you installed FSWC directly to the root directory of a hard drive, directly to the desktop or inside the FSX install folder you MUST RUN THE PATCH FIRST TO AVOID INCORRECT FILE DELETION ISSUES during upgrade.* If you are not sure and simply wish to be safe in uninstalling FSWC v3.0 before upgrading, then it will not harm anything to use the patch before installing 3.15. Anyone can run the patch.This patch will also offer the option for you to retain the profiles you may have made which the original uninstaller won't offer. The new version of FSWC (v3.15) will allow that

Now thats what I call service, and we didnt even have to pay for it! Its nice to see your dedication to waht you offer and sell. You guys are top notch. This is the first time a developer hasnt blamed MS for a problem. Thanks!:-beerchug

Jim Wenham

Guest fsxmissionguy

J,I don't want to be too critical of fellow developers ... but I'm certain that those who lost entire partitions are probably not chugging beer at this point and cheering the developers.For them, this episode is pretty disasterous, and points out the need for quality beta testing procedures, even for "free" software. I'm sure that these guys are doing their darndest to figure out how it happened. I'd be interested to hear their tale once the fire is out.Meantime, I'd probably hold the beers.

Guest Nick_N

As far as we are aware no one lost 'total partition' because they said they were backed up and the issue on the Vista x64 system was in the last communication I got was resolved and it is working fine now. The FSX install that was lost is now back up and running. Thats not to downplay the severity of these events, at all. There may have been loss we are not aware and it's not fun even considering that but our concern was getting everyone fixed that we could and knew about as quickly as possible and release a patch to make sure everyone is covered.The problem was the original files were repackaged after a full test where a problem was found and corrected just before release and in that process the uninstaller incorporated in it was not the one that should have gone with that release. There was a mix-up.Unfortunately the last minute re-pack was unknown to me until yesterday afternoon and that won

I do see your point and agree with your reply. Knowing Nick (only thru the forum) I am sure he will get it ironed out. For now I'm sticking with my new software plan and that is not to be one of the first to try it, I'll leave walking on the moon to the astronauts. :-)

Jim Wenham

>>The above is Horizon Simulation's GenerationX V2 UK>Photoscenery,ah ha! I knew it. I knew it wasn't cvx scenery. I should have known it was photoscenery.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB