Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bobbyjack

Urgent help needed with wrong CFG folder install paths...

Something has messed up the paths in Vista for the FSX.cfg and Scenery.cfg files so it

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hmmmm...My Vista default path order is different from yours. C:Users(me)AppDataRoamingMicrosoftFSX. Don't know that that makes any difference. But if what you posted is the the order in your computer than it could be a problem. It doesn't make sence that the roaming folder would be in the Microsoft folder. What have you done recently;i.e. major update, had a virus, that type of thing?Bob

Yes that's correct Bob, I typed a mistake, that is what it must be but after deleting FSX totally this afternoon and make a clean install it again goes wrong. The fsx.cfg is placed in the same wrong map like: c:windowssyswow64configsystemprofileappdataroamingmicrosoftfsxNo problem with installing add-ons but Ultimate Terrain X won't eat it...Checking the registry it is also in syswow64 and I don't know how to solve it and using repair tools gives no solution.

Yes, thanks Bryan but already tried it without any positive result.There is also another registry repair tool for fsx but the same (no) positive result.

Maybe someone will come along that knows how to do a manual install of UTX. If there isn't any other help, a reinstall of Windows is possible. You can do that without reformatting or losing data. You might do a search of a few forums to see if this has happened to others. Be sure some other addon or virius has not changed how things work.Bob