Sign in to follow this  
Rudi

Carenado Mooney Question

Guest triangle

Hi allToday I took the M20J out for the first time - quite a plane, epsecially when paired with the Orbx high-def cockpit. However, after settling into cruise, leaning my mixture, setting the manifold pressure and RPMs etc, I got a permanent, single line message on my screen that lasted the duration of the flight - 'Water injection (disengaged)'. Any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong?The plane was a bit tricky to fly without GPS as the tooltips do not seem to show the headings you set on the HSI etc so, given they are not easy to read precisely, you seem to have to hope you have the heading or VOR radials punched in correctly. Apart from that, a blast of a plane.ThanksTriangle

I'm not sure about the water injection problem, I have never seen that one yet. As far as the difficulities you are having with the headings, I have tool tips turned off and if you click on the left or right near the center a digiital read out will be shown one in yellow and one in green (course and heading). It actually will do this for any of the gauges to do with headings or VOR headings.

Jim Wenham

It's the Ram Air -- after 5 minutes. it cuts out with that error, and you cant ever reengage it. Don't know why, since supposedly it's only a bypass valve on the air intake. It's one of the slower Mooneys anyhow, and those few extra MP inches are sorely missed. Perhaps it's a bug? Unfortunately, Carenado doesn't have a support forum.As to the headings etc, click on the bottom half of the HSI/VOR etc, and you'll get big numbers superimposed on the instrument. :-)

Guest triangle

Thank you *so* much, guys - as always, have a problem, or question and someone (or two) on AVSIM will have the answer.Triangle :-)

Guest triangle

Go here - Russ White at Orbx has made one available for free - install and be sure to read the notes as it installs so you know which livery has the cockpit installed:http://fullterrain.com/freeware.htmlTriangle

Guest triangle

Yep, Tim's video is well worth a watch - it was what inspired me to get the Mooney etc so ty Tim :-) It's an awesome plane to fly ... pity it sounds like the RAM air is busted.Triangle

Yes, the RAM air is modeled through the War Emergency Power function. Unhappily for this application, this feature is time-limited.However, it is worth noting that for the M20J (as opposed to earlier models), the RAM air just wasn't all that effective. In later production examples, it was discontinued. RAM air is potentially dangerous for engine maintenance, as you can imagine.A good read can be found here:http://www.mooneypilots.com/mapalog/M20J%2...ion_report.htmlHope this helps,Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Very nice article, thank you for the link Mike. As a mooney owner, I can attest that the RAM air model in Carenado Mooney I not realistic at all. IRL. you can only gain 1" MP when activating it, it is also recommended not to use it in clouds/dust, etc...The high def VC is amazing, exaclty like my own airplane. See my previous posts about flight model... Happy landingsJohn

Guest Jeffhew

It seems the FS9 version ports over to FSX pretty well from what I see here. Does this mean that Russ' VC mod will work in FS9? Crossing my fingers but...Thanks,Jeff

Yes, it should.I will say though, I purchased the FS9 version of the Mooney to use in FSX when it first came out (don't even have FS9 on my computer, I just wanted it so bad ;) ). then purchased the FSX version separately.The FSX version works better, and performs better in FSX than the FS9 port.

I agree it's a sweet ride. I can't get the RPM to go below 2400 rpm at 8000' ISA at 22.8" MP pulling the prop control all the way back. Can anybody comment? Thanks