Sign in to follow this  
Cessnaflyer

May 15th, dont get gas?

Just got this via email... Think it's worth participating in, or for the most part, even true?Don't pump gas on May 15th.in April 1997, there was a "gas out" conductednationwide in protest of gas prices. Gasoline prices dropped30 cents a gallon overnight.On May 15th 2007, all internet users are to not go to a gas station in protest of high gas prices. Gas is now over $3.00a gallon in most places.There are 73,000,000+ American members currently on theinternet network, and the average car takes about 30 to 50dollars to fill up.If all users did not go to the pump on the 15th, it would take$2,292,000,000.00 (that's almost 3 BILLION) out of the oil company's pockets for just one day, so please do not go tothe gas station on May 15th and lets try to put a dent in the Middle Eastern oil industry for at least one day.

A few percent less fuel sold that ONE day.But what people do participate will buy enough fuel before that date to last until day after the "protest".It will amount to the SAME quantity of fuel sold, the fuel refiners and wholesalers won't be inconvenienced AT ALL and what few retail outlets are leased to smaller businessmen will still sell the usual quantity of coffee, pastries and roller grilled sausages they make their actual profit from anyway.Just remember that the fuel isn't what the retailer makes his/her money on anyway. The fuel pumps are only there to get people in or in the parking lot of the convenience store. The retailer justs adjusts the price to cover the cost of getting the wholesaler to deliver it and operate the equipment to pump it into your fuel tank.A LARGE quantity of drivers would have to park their cars for WEEKS before the wholesalers and refiners would even notice.

Just consider how lucky you are..................In the UK wer'e paying

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest oyvindhansen

You guys are so spoilt. Buy a smaller car and quit whining. Massive fuel consumption isn't good for the world anyway.-

Guest PARADISE

>>>If all users did not go to the pump on the 15th, it would>take>$2,292,000,000.00 (that's almost 3 BILLION) out of the oil>company's pockets for just one day, so please do not go to>the gas station on May 15th and lets try to put a dent in the>Middle Eastern oil industry for at least one day.[/i]This is political double talk. The oil companies have already made their money on the gas you're not going to buy. So people will be pumping gas on May 14th, or May 16th, or whenever. The oil companies do not run on a day to day operation, nor do they set the price of oil....this is set on a free open trade market by investors, or speculators as some are called. Besides other factors, they look at supply and demand....high demand, low supply, equals higher prices and vice-a-versa. Throw in an increased threat of terrorism or a major hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico and we'll be paying about double of what we're paying now for oil products. This will happen whether we don't buy gas on May 15th, or not.If you really want to take "billions out of the oil company's pocket", stop buying products that use oil....that, I'm afraid, is all but impossible in today's "modern" society.John M

Guest airbus2

>Just consider how lucky you are..................>>In the UK wer'e paying

In the US, there are some many different types of automobiles and so many uses. I think what you drive depends on where you live. Even my japanese suv gets about 15 mpg with a 19.5 gallon tank.

>>You guys are so spoilt. Buy a smaller car and quit whining.<

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest airbus2

15mpg blimey! I drive a Ford Fiesta which gets 40mpg. My Dad drives a Ford CMax (mini MPV) which gets 35mpg. Your right when you say there are many vehicles and many uses. Unfortunatly, here in the UK definatly, we get people using 4 wheel drives (SUVs) for the school run, or for the weekly shop. This kind of activity could be done using a small family saloon.DaveEdit: "I have one, but now that you've said that I think I may get myself a huge vehicle that gets about 2 miles a gallon, and I'm completely willing to cough up the cash to pay for its gas..Jeff"Saw this just after i posted. I think this is what alot of people feel. They get told by environmentalists what to do, psychology kicks in and it creates resentment/ disobedience.

Guest oyvindhansen

>>>You guys are so spoilt. Buy a smaller car and quit>whining.<<>>I have one, but now that you've said that I think I may get>myself a huge vehicle that gets about 2 miles a gallon, and>I'm completely willing to cough up the cash to pay for its>gas..>>JeffSo basically AND inconsistent AND willing to use a large amount of your own money to get back me, even though I will never know or care anyway? So why should anyone listen to your advice, you're obviously crazy?-

>>So basically AND inconsistent AND willing to use a large amount of your own money to get back me, even though I will never know or care anyway? So why should anyone listen to your advice, you're obviously crazy?-

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest oyvindhansen

>>>So basically AND inconsistent AND willing to use a large>amount of your own money to get back me, even though I will>never know or care anyway? So why should anyone listen to your>advice, you're obviously crazy?>>-