Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kiki

FSX and Vista 64

I am keenly waiting for my new computer to be delivered. I would like to buy some good add-on aircraft. I had Wilco/FeelThere 737PIC and E-Jets in mind but it looks like they are not compatible with the Vista 64.So, are these add-ons FSX & Vista64

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I can confirm that these addons are 100% Vista 64 compatible:- Active Sky X- Ultimate Terrain- Mega Scenery- Flight1 PC-12I don't know about the others but I assume you won't have any kind of problem with them.Regards,

Thanks, David!That is good news so far!!Is anyone else able to confirm, are those other add-ons compatible with Vista 64 or not? I sure will buy PC-12 but would like to have a jet airliner in my hangar.kiki

Hi kiki,The recently released Flight1 Super80 Pro is compatible with Vista x64 as well as the Level-D 763 and PMDG offerings for FSX. Regards,Jim Karn

I can confirm the following from you're list work fine with FSX in Vista 64:737PIC (with vista patch)Carenado C206Aerosoft Twin OtterUltimate TerrainMega ScenryKyleFS box: Q6600 (@ 3.24 GHz), ASUS P5E3 Premium, 4 GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 (Cas 6-6-6-18-2T @ 1440 MHz), BFG 8800GTX 768, Soundblaster XFi Fatality, WD 300 GB 10000 rpm VelociRaptor (FSX), WD 150 GB 1000 rpm Raptor (FS9), Samsung Spinpoint F1 750 GB (OS/Apps), Silverstone TJ09 case, PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 PSU, Vista Ultimate 64WideClient1: An old P4 with 1 GB ramWideClient2: Compaq Presario Laptophttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Thank you. It looks like I would have no compability issues wih these add-ons. And that Super 80 might be as interesting as 737PIC and E-Jets. I must think about it. But I will go for Vista 64.kiki

Although you didn't ask, may I urge you to NOT install FSX on your new machine to the "default path?"Use something shorter and not in the ..Program Files folder...You will have far fewer conflicts with the overly agressive 'protection system' that Vista insists upon... ;)Something like:C:FSXorD:FSX