Sign in to follow this  
ahuimanu

Wasila, Alaska scenery...excellent

Good news:I downloaded and installed Wasila, Alaska scenery for the airport yesterday, and I'm totally impressed with this airport, and static scenery at the airport. Since I absolutely love flying in Alaska with GA aircraft (perhaps because I visited Alaska last month and have a new appreciation for it), I'm in Heaven when enjoying the Real Weather and the topography. I also love Wasila because the VP for the Republican Party is from Wasila...and it's very meaningful for me.Bad news: Perhaps I'm having a Senior moment, but for the life of me, I can't remember WHERE I downloaded this airport scenery from!If you have it, or can point others to it, I'd appreciate your comments on it. I like it...but I'd love to hear from others.

Guest JimC1702

It's right here in the Avsim Library. I'm glad you like it. I was surprised at the number of airports there are in the Wasilla area and they all seem to be as empty as Wasilla was before I tweeked it a little. Hopefully I can get some others done in the area.JimDell XPS 420 Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0 ghz3 gb dual channel 800 mhz DDR2 RAM512 mb nvidia 8800GT500 gb SATA drive 7200 rpmSoundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Music22" Acer widescreen LCDWindows Vista Home Premium

Fortunately, more than 5,000 people live in Chicago, IL so it doesn't require addon scenery. In fact it even used to be the MSFS default city.Also it's meaningful to me because the next President of the United States lives there. ;)

Here's hoping you're wrong... ;)But getting back to the original poster's thread, where can I find this Wasila scenery? I've checked the file library here in Avsim and didn't locate it. Thanks, everyone!

Alexander Alonso

Cool Dude,Just for the record....I agree with you, and can only HOPE.

Try searching using the correct spelling. The file name is wasilla.zip. Very nice airport.

Cool Dude,When I agreed with you above, I thought you meant the next President lives in Wasila...not Chicago.So, I don't agree with you. The next VP and future President comes from Wasila!

Guest DanWalloch

ook....and politics has nothing to do with FS...wrong forum.

>Cool Dude,>When I agreed with you above, I thought you meant the next>President lives in Wasila...not Chicago.>>So, I don't agree with you. The next VP and future President>comes from Wasila!Michael More is not from Chicago or Wasila is he? :-lol

Staffan[/font size]

http://www.scandicair.com/images/banner_sa_2008_s.gifFlightsimmer since 1987Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 3,33GHz FSB 1333MHz LGA775, Asus P5Q Intel P45 ATX DDR2 PC6400 800MHz 4096MB, Asus Nvidia Geforce 9800GTX+ 512MB DirectX 9.0c, W XP Home with SP3, E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"Samsung 750GB SATA HDD 8MB, Samsung 250GB ATA , Maxtor 120GB ATA, All 7200rpmLacie 250Gb Extern HD, Cooler Master ATX Chassis, 550W Power supplyBlogg: http://blogg.passagen.se/primeaviFiles: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View

Staffan

Moderator, please lock this thread - the political subtext couldn't be more inappropriate.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.