September 7, 20251 yr Not sure if I am setting up Times properly....When launching time on APT I put desirable time. This time was 14:30 and dept time 15:00 UTC in OMDB....And it's Dark. Also flying from EHAM at 14:00 to NY I land 2050 and of course dark.... Was this ever topic or I missed something and does anything exist to fix this "problem"? LOL Alex
September 7, 20251 yr Not sure I follow. Dubai is UTC+4, so 1500 UTC is 1900 local. Today sunset there was at 1830 local. What are you expecting to see?
September 7, 20251 yr Author 8 minutes ago, Speedbird 217 said: Not sure I follow. Dubai is UTC+4, so 1500 UTC is 1900 local. Today sunset there was at 1830 local. What are you expecting to see? Hmmm....Actually I am mixing time when choosing the airport... Instead local for OMDB I chose UTC. I guess that threw me "out of time"...Make sense. Last year or so I was fling only in EU and now decided to wonder around the world.... LOL. Thanks Alex
September 7, 20251 yr 54 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said: wonder around the world... The sun and world also Wander around 🙂. And yes, on top of the time Zones (vs UTC) the closer to the equator the faster the sun sets. Quite, well, natural… I am still amazed about the difference just in Germany. While it is pitch dark at 10pm in EDDM the sun just sets in EDXW near Denmark. Phil Leaven i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, ASUS 4070 12GB EVO, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), Rolling Cache 16GB, Photogrammetry always OFF, Live Weather and Live Traffic always ON, Res 2560x1440 on 27"
September 7, 20251 yr Commercial Member 2 hours ago, cyyzrwy24 said: Not sure if I am setting up Times properly....When launching time on APT I put desirable time. This time was 14:30 and dept time 15:00 UTC in OMDB....And it's Dark. Also flying from EHAM at 14:00 to NY I land 2050 and of course dark.... Was this ever topic or I missed something and does anything exist to fix this "problem"? LOL Nothing to add, just saying hello to a fellow CYYZ simmer 🙂 9800X3d, 4090, 64 GB DDR5 6000 RAM, 4 TB NVME (2x2), 4K Ultra + FramegenI'm the developer of FFB-Bridge. https://ffb-bridge.com. Been on these forums as JonathanC for many years, so decided not to change that as you all know me!
September 7, 20251 yr 3 hours ago, Speedbird 217 said: Not sure I follow. Dubai is UTC+4, so 1500 UTC is 1900 local. Today sunset there was at 1830 local. What are you expecting to see? Phew... For a moment I thought I was having a brain moment when I saw the thread title pop up and thinking: "Because it's supposed to be?"
September 7, 20251 yr Author 1 hour ago, JonathanC said: Nothing to add, just saying hello to a fellow CYYZ simmer 🙂 Thanks Jonathan....👍 Alex
Create an account or sign in to comment