Sign in to follow this  
Guest ThrottleUp

FS11 Wish List

>Not true. There are random bird flocks at airports and near>water, and all species can easily be added with ezscenery. But>since you don't use fsx I wouldn't expect you would know>that.I am talking about it in general terms. You can not say that the birds/animals are there for any other purpose than eye candy. If the birds/animals instead was implemented for real notam purposes, it would be a completely different thing. :-)The animals are there just to make the Game more adventurelike for some, nothing else.And yes, I have FSX installed,...but only for various addon testing.

Staffan[/font size]

http://www.scandicair.com/images/banner_sa_2008_s.gifFlightsimmer since 1987Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 3,33GHz FSB 1333MHz LGA775, Asus P5Q Intel P45 ATX DDR2 PC6400 800MHz 4096MB, Asus Nvidia Geforce 9800GTX+ 512MB DirectX 9.0c, W XP Home with SP3, E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"Samsung 750GB SATA HDD 8MB, Samsung 250GB ATA , Maxtor 120GB ATA, All 7200rpmLacie 250Gb Extern HD, Cooler Master ATX Chassis, 550W Power supplyBlogg: http://blogg.passagen.se/primeaviFiles: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View

Staffan

Yes you are talking in general terms-the whole sim of every version is about eye candy, and making it more like the adventure of true flight in every aspect.Personally, your reality is most likely eye candy for me-but I'll let you enjoy yourself. That really is what it is about.GeofaMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

>Yes you are talking in general terms-the whole sim of every>version is about eye candy, and making it more like the>adventure of true flight in every aspect.>>Personally, your reality is most likely eye candy for me-but>I'll let you enjoy yourself. That really is what it is about.Well,...in that case all is good for you. ;-)And it is most kind of you in letting me enjoy myself. I just needed your approval. :-lol :-roll

Staffan[/font size]

http://www.scandicair.com/images/banner_sa_2008_s.gifFlightsimmer since 1987Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 3,33GHz FSB 1333MHz LGA775, Asus P5Q Intel P45 ATX DDR2 PC6400 800MHz 4096MB, Asus Nvidia Geforce 9800GTX+ 512MB DirectX 9.0c, W XP Home with SP3, E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"Samsung 750GB SATA HDD 8MB, Samsung 250GB ATA , Maxtor 120GB ATA, All 7200rpmLacie 250Gb Extern HD, Cooler Master ATX Chassis, 550W Power supplyBlogg: http://blogg.passagen.se/primeaviFiles: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View

Staffan

Well it seems more like it is your approval we need more since you seem to have a need to pop in here every once in a while and let us know how bad fsx is. To my knowledge no one ever go's over to your side and does the same.GeofaMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

>Well it seems more like it is your approval we need more>since you seem to have a need to pop in here every once in a>while and let us know how bad fsx is. >>To my knowledge no one ever go's over to your side and does>the same.Did I say that FSX was bad anywhere in this thread?I just added what I think should be nice in FS11, as a change for the Flying Adventure Game for all GA pilots, as FSX really is IMHO. And if that is bad,...well that is your interpretation. Because if anyone has different opinions of FSX than you have,...it is a bad opinion....or?But I understand that I stepped on your toe, since you have been thinking from day one that FSX is the eighth wonder of this world. :-)

Staffan[/font size]

Staffan

Surely you can go re read your post:"My wishlist would simply be to make FS11 a Flight Simulator, instead of a Flying Adventure Game with jumping giraffs and such."Now much less insulting to those of us who use fsx as a serious flight simulator and something I agree with, is the following post from your blog site:"With the now released Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX), there will be some thoughts about just that. Let me make one thing clear,..I am very openminded regarding FS news. However, so far I don

Seconded on the performance part of your post.I heard Windows 7 will run faster than Windows Vista on similar hardware. I would like a simulator that runs better than FSX with higher settings on similar FSX hardware.I'll throw in my personal wants:1. A better flight planner. Instead of going to SimRoutes or similar, why not have the same sort of engine in the sim? It would make my life a LOT easier.2. Scratch the whole weather engine; a redesign should be considered. It always happens that I have a picture perfect final approach, then the weather all of a sudden shears, and next thing you know, my plane is stuck nose-down in the ground like a yard dart, which brings me to:3. Crash effects! I remember in FS9 when the wings and such would get ripped apart if you clipped a tree. FSX totally ruined this.4. A better LOD radius. My eyes can't help but notice how the ground right below you is populated with buildings and trees, but a few miles ahead, the textures are blurry and barren.5. Airport vehicles: in FSX, the only airport vehicles that interact with your plane are the fuel truck, pushback tug and baggage carts. It would be nice if the firetruck came to your plane and inspected it before you left. Let the sewer truck come and drain your plane :-lol. How about a follow-me truck, rather than progressive taxi lines, in case you don't know the airport?6. What I really would appreciate is better graphics. Let snow be 3D, and accumulate on the ground, and as your plane taxis through it, let the appropriate tire footprint be traced. More volumetric clouds. Let the water look better. Let the glass in the airport be transparent, and let me be able to look through the glass and let there be a semi-3D scene of passengers scurrying through the building, pausing at shops/restaurants or boarding the plane. Also, the special effects, like aurora or meteors, aren't exactly what one would expect. It would be nice to see bright, spectacular, and most important of all, colorful examples of these. It would be spectacular if FS11's graphics replicated those of REX, FEX, GEX, UT, etc.7. Also frequently dreamed about :+ is better aircraft detail. You'll notice in FSX, the Right/Left Window Views are actually a camera placed on the outside of the aircraft, so you hear the exterior sounds. On the interior, one would be hearing the distinctive whining and loud roar of the engines. More wing flex would be nice. Also, the fuel range in FSX is waaaaay off. A 737-800 runs out of fuel LONG before it should be running out. I tested a POSKY and stock 737-800 of Lufthansa, and recreated one of their long-range flights; a lightly loaded 737-800 from Newark to Munich. The stock 737-800 plummeted into the ocean just halfway across. The POSKY went on to land and managed a 20-minute taxi to the gate (although fuel was critically low; less than 30 gallons of fuel left).8. Better ground traffic. The cars rocket across the ground at more than 100 km/h. I know there is a fix for this, but if FS11 had this fix as a stock setting, it would be nice. Better yet, how about a slider which you could use to control the speed?9. And my last thought (finally), I believe, like many others on here, that backward compatibility should be scratched. Gauges, sounds, and effects, in my opinion, are pleasing when brand new, not recycled (as previously mentioned).Regards,

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

>If your svfr is denied are you going to shut the sim down and>scrub the flight? :-)On the ground, it's no different to now, with the "airport is IFR" refusal on a request to taxi. You either re-file IFR, ignore it (so take away my licence!), or go somewhere else. In the air, you need to have a contingency plan, same as real world. Maybe zone transits never get refused in the US, but here it's quite common, depending on the zone.Because in FS, nothing ever breaks or gets refused in the air, it's too easy to get complacent about having "plan b"

>Surely you can go re read your post:>>"My wishlist would simply be to make FS11 a Flight Simulator,>instead of a Flying Adventure Game with jumping giraffs and>such.">>Now much less insulting to those of us who use fsx as a>serious flight simulator and something I agree with, is the>following post from your blog site:>>"With the now released Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX),>there will be some thoughts about just that. Let me make one>thing clear,..I am very openminded regarding FS news. However,>so far I don

Staffan

Well just put the shoe on the other foot.If an fsx'er were to post in the fs9 forum on a wish list for fs11 :Instead of what you posted here:"My wishlist would simply be to make FS11 a Flight Simulator, instead of a Flying Adventure Game with jumping giraffs and such." and substitute "airline wanna be pilot" for "Flying adventure game" and "jumping giraffs" with "jumping stewardesses" I bet happiness would not be the result. (Maybe for the jumping stewardesses :-beerchug).Let's do be happy and remember all of our simming needs are differentGeofaMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Well said Ray. I haven't been visiting here or posting much lately and it's nice to see that you and some of the other "old guys" are still around.DougEdited 'cause I can't spel

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

>My wishlist is minimal. The same frames rates in FS11 as I>have now in FS9 - never below 30 with everything maxxed.Nice idea...but it will never happen.Anyone who has been around the Flight Simulator series over the years...and I have been since the first edition...has NEVER been able to "max everything out" and get 30 FPS with ANY new release of FS. You couldn't get it with FS9 when it first came out either, because even the top of the line hardware available when FS9 was released couldn't handle FS9 with "everything maxed". There is no reasonable expectation that FS11 will be able to run at 30 FPS with "everything maxed" when IT comes out.You can max out everything on FS9 now and get 30 FPS because you have newer hardware now than when FS9 was released. I seriously doubt you are still running FS9 on the same computer you had when it came out. How many upgrades have you done since then to get to those "maxed 30 FPS" with FS9? That's your answer to what it will take to get the same thing with FS11.When FS11 comes out, even if you have the most current (and expensive) state of the art computer, you will still have to make CHOICES on what to enable in it. If not, you will just get the same results as you did with FS9 and FSX when they came out. Max everything out...complain about low FPS.History repeats itself. Personally, I DON'T want FS11 to be "maxed out capable" when it is released. If it is, then it would be so watered down that there would be no reason to expect any improvements in it over FSX.FalconAF

Rick Ryan

I want the jumping stewardesses! In my 152, it might wreck the plane, but I can wish! :-beerchug