Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LiveriesScanned_MSFS2020.XML no there

Featured Replies

LiveriesScanned_MSFS2020.XML has been removed. That was the only place that I was able to customize  non existing codes.

Here is an example that I used to add to LiveriesScanned file with good results


    <l a="ZZZ" m="RV6" t="FSLTL_GA_HTAI_P28A_ZZZZ" />
    <l a="ZZZ" m="RV7" t="FSLTL_GA_HTAI_P28A_ZZZZ" />
    <l a="ZZZ" m="RV8" t="FSLTL_GA_HTAI_P28A_ZZZZ" />
    <l a="ZZZ" m="RV9" t="FSLTL_GA_HTAI_P28A_ZZZZ" />
    <l a="ZZZ" m="RV10" t="FSLTL_GA_HTAI_P28A_ZZZZ" />
    <l a="ZZZ" m="RV12" t="FSLTL_GA_HTAI_P28A_ZZZZ" />
    <l a="ZZZ" m="RV14" t="FSLTL_GA_HTAI_P28A_ZZZZ" />

    <l a="ZZZ" m="M20" t="FSLTL_GA_HTAI_P28A_ZZZZ" />

    <l a="ZZZ" m="SR20" t="FSLTL_GA_DA40-NG_ZZZ" />
    <l a="ZZZ" m="SR22" t="FSLTL_GA_DA40-NG_ZZZ" />

    <l a="ZZZ" m="R44" t="UH1ZZZ" />
    <l a="ZZZ" m="R66" t="UH1ZZZ" />
    <l a="ZZZ" m="EC" t="UH1ZZZ" />

    <l a="ZZZ" m="H300" t="R22ZZZ" />
    <l a="ZZZ" m="CDUS" t="R22ZZZ" />
    <l a="ZZZ" m="CLON" t="R22ZZZ" />

    <l a="ZZZ" m="H25B" t="FSLTL_GA_HTAI_LJ25_ZZZZ" />

    <l a="PVT" m="C150" t="GAmodC152_1" r="CESSNA" />
    <l a="PVT" m="BEAR" t="GAmodC152_2" r="AS-JTP2" />

    <l a="ZZZ" m="PA27" t="BE58ZZZ" />

    <l a="PVT" m="P51" t="PC12 AI2" r="AS-STP3" />

Is there any place that LiveriesScanned still exist to be accessible?

I understand that you’re file of "similar" has been scrambled for some reason and I respect that but let’s have some access to customize LiveriesScanned  locally please

 

mike

Sim,PC, monitor,prescription glasses, chair.

I concur with this - the xml file was a useful thing to check which liveries I have before installing new ones or for deleting defunct special liveries or even whole airlines.

Could we have it - or something like it - back, please?

Hi mike,

13 hours ago, mike stryczek said:

LiveriesScanned_MSFS2020.XML has been removed. That was the only place that I was able to customize  non existing codes.

Is there any place that LiveriesScanned still exist to be accessible?

It has been removed because it is no longer necessary. Scanning and processing liveries is now done in one go, with no disk access required. Fast and secure...

Note that LiveriesScanned.xml was never intended to be edited manually. It was a file used for machine-to-machine communication. There was even a warning about this in the documentation...

It looks like you were creating your own similar-type definitions. That's rather tricky, both because of the risk of typos, misinformation (I mean CESSNA as regcode?) and because LiveriesScanned.xml was overwritten every time a new livery scan was performed.

Maybe I could add a separate user-defined file for this, which PSXT could use as input?

As I understand it, all you need is a way to specify that if an RV6, RV7, RV8, RV10, RV12, or RV14 is required for matching but none is available, you are happy to use a P28A instead.

I'll have to analyse whether and how that could fit in with the similar-type definitions that are already in my database.

The work on PSXT never seems to end... ;-)







Edited by kiek

59 minutes ago, romeocharlie said:

I concur with this - the xml file was a useful thing to check which liveries I have before installing new ones or for deleting defunct special liveries or even whole airlines.

Could we have it - or something like it - back, please?

I could write the file as an option, but it would be useless for your purpose because it is no longer used as input. So, any changes you make to it would have no effect.

  • Author

throughout the history of the program at first, there was non-scrambled file that show the similar selections

That will force models of similar look to in case there wasn’t one available for example commonly available P28A model can be representative of low wing  models like RVs and M20...

R22 for small helis - H300 or gyrocopters  - CDUS, CLON ....

Because there also always have been Liveries  file accessible I have many times adjusted details like specific registration "N" # for a plane that I would follow 

It also allows me to confirm that I didn’t make any mistakes creating custom models

Also, there is many new Plane Type ICAO  that I would see on radar 24 but they were not showing as there were new plane codes, but by adding the new codes manually, they will appear closer represented.

Having the Similar and Liveries files back, readable, accessible, and customizable locally will let crazies like me set up the program the way we like it

mike

Sim,PC, monitor,prescription glasses, chair.

4 hours ago, mike stryczek said:

Also, there is many new Plane Type ICAO  that I would see on radar 24 but they were not showing as there were new plane codes, but by adding the new codes manually, they will appear closer represented.

I add fake model types to fill in missing gaps by copying a particular model that I think will be a reasonable addition and simply editing the [General] section of the aircraft.cfg to conform with ICAO model, type and Manufacturer etc and it works great! I've probably done this for upwards of 40-60 new types that we don't have models for.

Super simple and doesn't get overwritten by a new livery scan.

Edited by Dave_YVR

i7-13700KF, 64gb DDR5 6000,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS 2024

I'd love to have the liveriesscanned file back as well. I use it multiple times a day EVERY day. It was an awesome feature to have imo.

i7-13700KF, 64gb DDR5 6000,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS 2024

3 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

I'd love to have the liveriesscanned file back as well. I use it multiple times a day EVERY day. It was an awesome feature to have imo.

I will add a list checkbox to the liveries line in the UI.

If checked the LiveriesScanned.xml will be generated (for information only because it will not be used any further by PSXT)

13 hours ago, mike stryczek said:

Having the Similar and Liveries files back, readable, accessible, and customizable locally will let crazies like me set up the program

..

No, that will not happen I am afraid.

In the beginning a lot of input data was open, but back then there were no competitors ...

The solution that Dave gave in this thread is the preferred way. It is simple and does not need anything from PSXT.

Edited by kiek

3 hours ago, kiek said:

I will add a list checkbox to the liveries line in the UI.

If checked the LiveriesScanned.xml will be generated (for information only because it will not be used any further by PSXT)

Done, re-download and re-install 15.13.2 to get this feature.

8 hours ago, kiek said:

I will add a list checkbox to the liveries line in the UI.

If checked the LiveriesScanned.xml will be generated (for information only because it will not be used any further by PSXT)

Thanks Nico! It's more appreciated than you know!

i7-13700KF, 64gb DDR5 6000,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS 2024

  • Author
On 8/9/2026 at 1:07 PM, Dave_YVR said:

I add fake model types to fill in missing gaps by copying a particular model that I think will be a reasonable addition and simply editing the [General] section of the aircraft.cfg to conform with ICAO model, type and Manufacturer etc and it works great! I've probably done this for upwards of 40-60 new types that we don't have models for.

Super simple and doesn't get overwritten by a new livery scan.

I don’t understand how you do that

Can you give a step-by-step or an example?

TH

mike

Sim,PC, monitor,prescription glasses, chair.

1 hour ago, mike stryczek said:

I don’t understand how you do that

Can you give a step-by-step or an example?

TH

mike

This is what Dave wrote, is not that clear?

I add fake model types to fill in missing gaps by copying a particular model that I think will be a reasonable addition and simply editing the [General] section of the aircraft.cfg to conform with ICAO model, type and Manufacturer etc and it works great!

But maybe Dave can give an example file

Edited by kiek

Sure no worries. Take the 737 Max 10 as an example. I take my AIA 737 Max 9, copy it and rename it AIA_B737-MAX10 FAKE.

Then in the aircraft.cfg and under the [General] section simply change what is needed to conform to ICAO so that PSXT thinks that it's the type that you want.

icao_type_designator=B3XM

icao_manufacturer=BOEING

icao_model=737 MAX 10

i7-13700KF, 64gb DDR5 6000,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS 2024

  • Author



But maybe Dave can give an example file

9 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

Sure no worries. Take the 737 Max 10 as an example. I take my AIA 737 Max 9, copy it and rename it AIA_B737-MAX10 FAKE.

Then in the aircraft.cfg and under the [General] section simply change what is needed to conform to ICAO so that PSXT thinks that it's the type that you want.

icao_type_designator=B3XM

icao_manufacturer=BOEING

icao_model=737 MAX 10

that didn’t work for me

I copied a folder named IVAO_R22  inside of which aircraft CFG had a section like that

[GENERAL]
atc_type ="R22"
atc_model ="R22"
Category = "Airplane"
performance =""
editable = 1
wip_indicator = 1
icao_type_designator =R22
icao_manufacturer =ROBINSON
icao_model =R22
icao_engine_type =Piston
icao_engine_count =1
icao_WTC =L
icao_generic=0

I renamed the folder IVAO_R22-H300  and inside I change in the file aircraft CFG to this

[GENERAL]
atc_type ="H300"
atc_model ="H300"
Category = "Airplane"
performance =""
editable = 1
wip_indicator = 1
icao_type_designator =H300
icao_manufacturer =ROBINSON
icao_model =H300
icao_engine_type =Piston
icao_engine_count =1
icao_WTC =L
icao_generic=0

I restarted it PSXT and the new LiveriesScanned.xml  file did not include H300 but it does include R22


mike

Sim,PC, monitor,prescription glasses, chair.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.