Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MSFS2020 Map Enhancement 10.0 – New Building Enhancement

Featured Replies

Between Amsterdam Schiphol and The Hague I see texture issues. Tried all Maps but I still see this with LOD set to 400 :

https://i.postimg.cc/vZxttycp/IMG-5703.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/0NpGhCGp/IMG-5704.jpg

Anyone seeing this too at the same coordinates ?

Edited by GSalden

5950x3d 5.4-5.7 GHz - Asus ROG 870 Crosshair Apex - GSkill Neo 2x 24 Gb 6000 mhz / cas 26 -  MSI RTX 5090 Gaming Trio OC - 1x SSD M2 6000 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb -  Corsair 5400  case - Corsair 360 liquid cooling set  - 3x 75’ TCL tv.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - FOV : 200 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

 

  • Replies 52
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Jetguy87
    Jetguy87

    Thanks -- so I understand this to mean that the resolution changes can be applied to the default map, without having to use Apple, Google, or one of the Bing updates. My suspicion is that it was a de

  • The Flight Sim Doctor
    The Flight Sim Doctor

    Well i took the plunge, and I am not disappointed. What a wonderful app. And how depressing they see fit to degrade our experience over the years when this is how it could look natively. (MSFS default

  • v10.2.0 Sep 21, 2026 Added Realistic Night Lighting for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024, using real-world nighttime lighting data to reduce unrealistic bright road networks in sparsely populated areas

3 hours ago, GSalden said:

Yes, the ground textures can be shown at a higher resolution.

I only use the MSFS 2024 version.

You can choose between :

Low - Default MSFS - Mefium- High - Extreme

Thanks -- so I understand this to mean that the resolution changes can be applied to the default map, without having to use Apple, Google, or one of the Bing updates.

2 hours ago, MarcG said:

I'm not entirely sure they are higher resolution, all I see at the Extreme setting is a maintaining of the texture output as you go higher (using the drone) instead of many LOD changes as you gain altitude. I'm not convinced these are 512x512 textures again for example, that still needs to be fixed by Asobo unless it was a deliberate downgrade they decided to be silent on (wouldn't surprise me).

My suspicion is that it was a deliberate downgrade. I am also skeptical that they will ever fix it, especially for those of us still actively using 2020.

  • Author
On 8/22/2026 at 1:28 AM, GSalden said:

Between Amsterdam Schiphol and The Hague I see texture issues. Tried all Maps but I still see this with LOD set to 400 :

https://i.postimg.cc/vZxttycp/IMG-5703.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/0NpGhCGp/IMG-5704.jpg

Anyone seeing this too at the same coordinates ?

This is because the satellite imagery in cities covered by photogrammetry doesn't match the color of the surrounding satellite imagery in areas without photogrammetry. This actually happens regardless of whether you use the Map Enhancement software or not.

However, Map Enhancement now has an updated “MSFS Original Map”, so you can choose to switch back to the original Microsoft map if you prefer.

Antalya is one of the places where I see this downgrade at its worst. To the west of the airport are these beautiful mountains that look like slush as they are just the right distance from the airport to be "degraded" (this even at decent LOD). So if I use this app, with the extreme setting, things should be relatively crisp, and I can still use the original MSFS map, right?

Edited by The Flight Sim Doctor

MSFS 2024 and 2024 - in-person and remote optimisation, technical support and flight training

The Flight Sim Doctor

WhatsApp-Image-2026-07-13-at-14.41.47-3.

It just looks a bit sad to me at LTAI. This is LOD 200, MSFS map, the enhancement mod with "extreme" setting enabled (and I haven't hit the 15 minute limit). Not zoomed in. To me this is P3D level of scenery, such is the degradation in texture quality. No different to the default MSFS2024, unless I'm doing something very wrong.

20260824211938-1.jpg

Edited by The Flight Sim Doctor

MSFS 2024 and 2024 - in-person and remote optimisation, technical support and flight training

The Flight Sim Doctor

WhatsApp-Image-2026-07-13-at-14.41.47-3.

20 minutes ago, The Flight Sim Doctor said:

Antalya is one of the places where I see this downgrade at its worst. To the west of the airport are these beautiful mountains that look like slush as they are just the right distance from the airport to be "degraded" (this even at decent LOD). So if I use this app, with the extreme setting, things should be relatively crisp, and I can still use the original MSFS map, right?

If you have enough bandwidth. No free lunch thing.

dd

Oh wow, bought the paid licence, massive difference and clarity. Brings the system to its knees though. A few notches above default seems a nice tradeoff.

MSFS 2024 and 2024 - in-person and remote optimisation, technical support and flight training

The Flight Sim Doctor

WhatsApp-Image-2026-07-13-at-14.41.47-3.

1 hour ago, The Flight Sim Doctor said:

Oh wow, bought the paid licence, massive difference and clarity. Brings the system to its knees though. A few notches above default seems a nice tradeoff.

yeah that's why I'm not buying, the performance drop off is too much for me in VR unfortunately and without the 512x512 textures it's not worth it (free version will do for now but I don't use it all the time anyway).

Edited by MarcG

Pico Neo3 Link VR - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte RX 9070 XT OC 16gb (AMD GPU), 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

I've turned off photogrammetry which has helped a lot. Having crisp textures globally is worth the tradeoff. I've managed to crank the res up to high on the app. Being able to use the default MSFS2024 textures now and have them sharper is a game changer. (Or back to where we should have been anyway if they didn't keep degrading everything)

Edited by The Flight Sim Doctor

MSFS 2024 and 2024 - in-person and remote optimisation, technical support and flight training

The Flight Sim Doctor

WhatsApp-Image-2026-07-13-at-14.41.47-3.

19 hours ago, The Flight Sim Doctor said:

Oh wow, bought the paid licence, massive difference and clarity. Brings the system to its knees though. A few notches above default seems a nice tradeoff.

So is the difference in the paid license? In other words, if you try the time-limited freeware version, it doesn't improve the textures, and the only way to get them is to pay for the license?

5 hours ago, Jetguy87 said:

So is the difference in the paid license? In other words, if you try the time-limited freeware version, it doesn't improve the textures, and the only way to get them is to pay for the license?

I don't think that's correct, I clearly see a difference with the 15 minute time demo adjustments.

Pico Neo3 Link VR - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte RX 9070 XT OC 16gb (AMD GPU), 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Well i took the plunge, and I am not disappointed. What a wonderful app. And how depressing they see fit to degrade our experience over the years when this is how it could look natively. (MSFS default maps. High res within app, building mod on, LOD 150, 4K) - These shots were taken in countries that don't have particularly good textures natively in MSFS 2024.

Any compression is because of steam's screenshot degredation. Trust me it is absolutely crisp everywhere. The fact you can use native maps in this app now and just crank it up shows how dreadfully degraded this sim has become.

20260825230211-1.jpg

20260825184428-1.jpg

20260825185030-1.jpg

20260825185445-1.jpg

20260826115858-1.jpg

And here is a reminder of how it looked before (granted I am higher, but I'm in a region with the same native terrain quality in the same country)

20260824163042-1.jpg

Edited by The Flight Sim Doctor

MSFS 2024 and 2024 - in-person and remote optimisation, technical support and flight training

The Flight Sim Doctor

WhatsApp-Image-2026-07-13-at-14.41.47-3.

6 minutes ago, The Flight Sim Doctor said:

Well i took the plunge, and I am not disappointed. What a wonderful app. And how depressing they see fit to degrade our experience over the years when this is how it could look natively. (MSFS default maps. High res within app, building mod on, LOD 150, 4K) - These shots were taken in countries that don't have particularly good textures natively in MSFS 2024.

Any compression is because of steam's screenshot degredation. Trust me it is absolutely crisp everywhere. The fact you can use native maps in this app now and just crank it up shows how dreadfully degraded this sim has become.

20260825230211-1.jpg

20260825184428-1.jpg

20260825185030-1.jpg

20260825185445-1.jpg

20260826115858-1.jpg

And here is a reminder of how it looked before (granted I am higher, but I'm in a region with the same native terrain quality in the same country)

20260824163042-1.jpg

That looks very good.

If you want the less color differences, indeed go with Default Maps and set the Detail higher than Default .

If you use any other Map then use the Color Settings to make it look more like the PG Tiles

Two examples :

IMG-5903.jpg

IMG-5904.jpg

5950x3d 5.4-5.7 GHz - Asus ROG 870 Crosshair Apex - GSkill Neo 2x 24 Gb 6000 mhz / cas 26 -  MSI RTX 5090 Gaming Trio OC - 1x SSD M2 6000 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb -  Corsair 5400  case - Corsair 360 liquid cooling set  - 3x 75’ TCL tv.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - FOV : 200 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

 

Well, 15 minutes is not really enough time to test anything.

So I took a region I know by heart.

Its better then default. The roads are especially better. Impressed by the roads.

All the rest is slightly better but not by much and there are all sort of weird things going on at low level.

The trees look awful

Plus the frame rate takes a huge hit of course. Doubt its very flyable from my little test.

Did not seem to matter what map I took.

Again, not much time. Very small sample. Not enough there for me to use it at present with the little info I have.

Ron

MSFS 2024 -Too many airplanes to name. Too many airports to name.

4 hours ago, Ron Lefebvre said:

Well, 15 minutes is not really enough time to test anything.

So I took a region I know by heart.

Its better then default. The roads are especially better. Impressed by the roads.

All the rest is slightly better but not by much and there are all sort of weird things going on at low level.

The trees look awful

Plus the frame rate takes a huge hit of course. Doubt its very flyable from my little test.

Did not seem to matter what map I took.

Again, not much time. Very small sample. Not enough there for me to use it at present with the little info I have.

The trees are the MSFS 2024 trees…..

5950x3d 5.4-5.7 GHz - Asus ROG 870 Crosshair Apex - GSkill Neo 2x 24 Gb 6000 mhz / cas 26 -  MSI RTX 5090 Gaming Trio OC - 1x SSD M2 6000 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb -  Corsair 5400  case - Corsair 360 liquid cooling set  - 3x 75’ TCL tv.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - FOV : 200 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.