Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rational books.

Featured Replies

i.e. detective novels where the sleuth(s) must use reason and strategy to solve their way out of a baffling and dangerous situation.

If I had made a list it would be very similar to his rankings of the list he was handed. (I didn't like The Murder of Roger Ackroyd, but it is universally praised, so I know that book is a great one despite my reaction to it).

Edited by Fielder

5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, one or two 1440p 32" screens, 64 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, VKB NXT EVO stick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel. Crystal Light VR.

 

My favorite detective novel author is Agatha Christi and my favorite detective Hercule Poirot.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Isaac Asimov's "I, Robot" is a series of detective short stories.

(I'm typing this from memory. Someone may need to fact check me.) :)

Hook

Larry Hookins

 

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

  • Author

One mystery was why a robot was circling exactly around a selenium pool on the planet Mercury. keeping a precise distance from it around his circumference travel. And singing Gilbert and Sullivan comedy lyrics while doing so. The robot is supposed to fetch selenium back to the base and in the past was always a reliable no nonsense helper.

5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, one or two 1440p 32" screens, 64 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, VKB NXT EVO stick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel. Crystal Light VR.

 

Loved the I, Robot series of books.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.