Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Active sky

Featured Replies

When MSFS was released, I was really happy that we could finally fly into weather systems instead of having the static weather we had with Active Sky.

But recently, I started getting a bit bored because the clouds in the sim seemed to look the same everywhere.

I decided to install Active Sky again, and I have to say, I’m amazed at how good it has become. I’ve never seen so many different and varied cloudscapes in my sim. I also don’t notice the cloud morphing anymore, which was one of the things that bothered me before.

At this point, I honestly don’t mind not being able to fly directly into weather systems anymore. Of course, it would still be great if Asobo could improve the weather system and make it more dynamic.

But for now, I would definitely recommend everyone to give the latest version of Active Sky a try!

I have always used ASFS in Passive mode for the turbulence but have been using as my main WX generator lately due to the terrible regression of visuals and lack of cloud variety in MSFS Live WX. I hope they open up the Live WX API more to Devs so we can finally get more realistic WX depictions as opposed to what we currently have in Live WX (transparent popcorn clouds everywhere, cumulus clouds at FL350+, no stratiform clouds, unlimited visibility, no CB's, no scattering, etc, etc).....

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 5070ti OC, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, Titan 240RX AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Same, but hey, rest assured that the Devs are 100% on top of their game with Live Weather. Just look at the last dev stream. The way they all rushed to answer the questions was jaw dropping...

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

10 hours ago, spearmint_flyer said:

Same, but hey, rest assured that the Devs are 100% on top of their game with Live Weather. Just look at the last dev stream. The way they all rushed to answer the questions was jaw dropping...

We've gotten answers for several years now.....

Frank Patton
Corsair 5000D Airflow Case; MSI B650 Tomahawk MOB; Ryzen 7 7800 X3D CPU; ASUS RTX 4080 Super; 
NZXT 360mm liquid cooler; Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR5 4800 MHz RAM; RMX850X Gold PSU;; ASUS VG289 4K 27" Display; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126
                       
"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.