Sign in to follow this  

I bought a new Van.....

Guest PPSFA

I had an old van for years, heavily modified, but reliable. I had the engine balanced and blueprinted, a towing kit installed, popup top for camping, stove refridge, air conditioning, towbar, surround sound and sat TV... it was awesome. It took me a few years and tears to get it the way I wanted, but it was worth all the time, money, and at times, aggravation. I flew, errr rode, that thing everywhere.Then I saw a new model and decided it was time to upgrade, since its performance was better, and its packaging much better! I drove the RTM model home and the problems started. It hesitated, choked, got about 1/2 the advertized milage, had problems with the engine, transmission, the list didn't end. I took it back to the dealer and was told they know about the problems and the manufactor was doing a 'recall' and all the problems would be fixed.The day I got the call the dealer had the parts to fix my problems I was estatic! I jumped in the van, coughed and hesitated my way to the dealer, dropped it off, and waited for the call its fixed. I picked it up later and started off, hoping my problems were over. They were! The only problem was, now I had new problems! Gauges didnt work, cruise control had problems, the roof leaked and strange noises appeared at random.I was really aggravated now! I called the dealer, he told me yup, they knew about the problems, and they were going to fix them, as soon as they got the parts, again! Now I'm threatening them with the 'Lemmon' Law', but they convinced me if I just waited all my problems would be solved. So I waited, and waited, and waited some more.Finally they called and said bring it in and they were going to fix the rest of my problems! WOO HOO! I get there, and OMG! I am one of 1000's waiting to get the 'fix'. So I start talking to some who are done and leaving and they tell me don't bother, the fix breaks things that were already fixed, but the dealer said they are done fixing until the next model comes out!!ARGH!! I park the new van, go back to old reliable, and every once in a while look at my shinny new van, sitting on the dealers lot, still waiting for a fix.Yes I'm bored, but if this sounds vaguely familiar, use your imagination :-)

Guest jshyluk

When you get around to buying a house in Metro Vancouver, let us know. That would be a story. I mean, what you're telling us is fine and all, but that's not a knife. Vancouver real estate investment, that, mate, That's A Knife.Wow, I hope pop references to "Crocodile Dundee" aren't too obscure now, although maybe it's for the best if they are.Jeff ShylukAssistant Manging EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Guest FredGherkin

I think that you missed the analogy.

Guest fsxmissionguy

No ... I think he got it.

>I think that you missed the analogy.Oh no, Fred. He got it alright. You however, missed the irony and cimematic allusion... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Vancouver real>estate investment, that, mate, That's A Knife.>>Wow, I hope pop references to "Crocodile Dundee" aren't too>obscure now, although maybe it's for the best if they are.>LOL! That's still one of my favorite scenes in a movie!VicQ6600 G0 CPU 2.4 o/c 3.6Evga 680i A1 with P30 BIOS 2G XP2-8500 DDR2 1066FSB Mushkin 996535 RAM 5-5-4-12-2T320G 7200 HD partitioned for XP/Vista/Programs 2 - 74G Raptors in RAID0 500G 7200 HD for backup SATA DVD burner Evga 8800GTS 640 PCIx Kandalf LCS case w/ built in liquid cooling 850W Thermaltake power supplyVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-supporter-sigbanner.jpgRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Ugh, another motor vehicle analogy...anyone else sick of these?

I got me a knife as big as Mick Dundee's...RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB