Sign in to follow this  
Bill A

Boeing Field, WA

Hi, my wife adn I are going to be in Seattle for the first time in April for a weeks on a vacation. I would love to go check out Boeing field and want to know if anyone has any conections to Boeing field that can give me a tour of the facility or great places to plane spot?Thanks,Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

there are no tours, and unless you can find a spot overlooking the ramp from up a nearby hill you're not going to see much. The fence is quite dense, no doubt deliberately so.Remember this is a functioning corporate airfield where corporate and government secrets are being preserved.

Will try the tour out...thanksBill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Guest Staggerwing

Just watch out for this rule as it seems to snag most anyone that is on vacation and out for the day etc. 8-)~The Boeing Company does not permit still photos or video cameras on company propertyThere are no handcarried items allowed on tour. These items include: purses, backpacks, cameras, binoculars, cell phones, etc.~

Man that sucks, but cant blame them for those stricked rules. Its a competative world out there.BillP.S. Is there a place where someone can fly in a airliners simulator in that area too?

bill:i'm a life-long local to the area and my thoughts are -check out the museum of flight AT boeing field (southwest end by between taxiways B9 & B10-ish).http://www.museumofflight.org/you can see: interior of concorde (cabin, only a glimpse of cockpit), 707 'air force one', walk around exterior of 741 demonstrator and 737.the history 'barn' about boeing is nice.there are good WW1 and WW2 exhibits.if weather is OK to good (april in seattle in 90% rain & clouds) you can sit out and eat lunch as see aircraft landing north (rwys 31 L/R). if wind out of the south see aircraft initial climb 13 L/R).some nice planes to see in the 'great gallery'.going to everett is OK. the tour isn't all that nice as you are so far away from the aircraft under construction as it isn't enjoyable for true aircraft fans. if you want to do it 'to have done it' sure.if you are driving yourself plan for LOTS of traffic unless you drive between 9AM and 1130AM in the seattle area. once lunch hits seattle area (30 miles north and south of downtown on I-5, 405 and the lake washington bridges) just goes for marginal to BAD BAD BAD until after 6PM. use the carpool lanes if you have more than 2+ people in the car on I5 and I405 - this can cut your drive time by 1/2 or more during traffic times. same for the lake washington bridges (note: some require 3+ people in the car for carpool lanes).be sure to hit the seattle waterfront and pike place market (catch a fish :-) ) eat at a good seafood place and enjoy a coffee at the first starbucks.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

In addition to the musuem of flight at KBFI...which is really cool, btw, the Boeing store is also there. I bought my Boeing leather jacket for only 150.00 a few years ago, plus they have a bunch of other cool stuff to spend your money on.At Everett, I also went to the aircraft restoration facility. I can't remember if it's open to the public for walk throughs, but you can check.I think there is public tours of the factory but maybe have to be set up in advance.The Boeing web site, if I remember correctly, has that info, as well as the web store for the Boeing store, if you can't wait to get something when you get there.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Guest Staggerwing

While not aircraft related, I suggest you have a look at anything displayed on Dale Chihuly. Spectacular glass art you will never forget.

what Jeff says is right on about the everett 'boeing store.' lots of boeing stuff and stuff with boeing logos affixed. the museum of flight store is more general in nature with only maybe 1/5 the quantity you find in Everett.the museum of flight store is more 'general aviation' in its scope.be warned - no FS addons to be found in either store. i looked and asked last time i visited both (mid-summer 2007 everett; late fall '07 museum of flight). got some strange looks with the question as the idea that there are FS addons was news to the store staff.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

And, a bit to the south, there's a very nice aircraft museum at Olympia airport run by a couple of Vietnam vets.Nice chaps, excellent collection.And the submarine museum at Bremerton. Ran across that pretty much by accident when doing a tour of the area.

I recommend the Zoo.You should also visit Microsoft.They have a little museum. It's small, but it's not bad.Above the museum is the employee store where you can see what MS employees get to pay for MS software.Don't forget to dress warm. Seattle is cold.-Bryan

BIll, I did all my flight training and flying out of bfi. I know quite a few nice spots for flight spotting. Primarily my favorite spots (besides the tarmac) are on the west side of the field near the tower there are places you can part near the fence. On the west side of the airport is the pilots shop, you may find spots near there to see cool things, if not, its a good pilots shop. you can drive all the way on the west side to the south, and see awesome planes, and watch landings if the pattern is to the south.The museum of flight has a cool "tower" exhibit with an awesome view of the field itself. Probably the best viewing available.Enjoy!Bob

was in Seattle in September, was about 25 Celcius. Don't call that cold :)