Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

BGLC Compiler SDK was added

All I can say is wow. As a web developer who's been scripting for years, I was always confused by the syntax and flow of BGLC code. From just a quick glance at the new docs I'm already way more comfortable with the new XML-based methodology. Of course the real test will come when trying to actually use this stuff, but I'm already much more hopeful. Thanks for the heads up!

Great news :D.Had a quick look, but I don't know if I like the new XML format more then the old BGLC format. Will take some time to get used to it I guess.Also I have the idea that not all aspects of the previous BGL Compiler SDK are covered, for example the code to define the vertices and triangles of an object are not there. Maybe these are moved to a different SDK now.Arno

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest bostar2004

Hi again,After playing for a while with the bglcomp I have one problem: when i call to library

They seem to have split the creation of models from the layout of airports. The BGLComp program seems to assemble the airports. The creation of models, seems to be handled by MakeMDL, the SDK for which will supposedly be coming soon. I can see this opening up a lot of possibilities for new scenery design tools. This actually looks more like SCASM than BGLC with regards to the ease of creating scenery, so I applaud that. I'll be very interested to see the new MakeMDL SDK now.

Well, I am somewhat confused. I start reading the FS2004BGLCompSDK.doc, paying particular attention to the Scenery File Format. As a comparison, I open one of the sample XML files. I find that the sample doesn't follow the format given:Scenery File Format:<?xml version=

I got the example files to compile, Bill, so I guess it works even without the initial XML declaration. I don't think it makes any difference whether you include the line breaks to organize the code within the XML tags, it's purely a matter of making it more readable for the coder.

It could be that the area in which the library is valid is limited, so then the objects could only be used in the New York area and won't show else where. This was the case in Fs2002.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Guest Hans Palsson

Hi!I had som serious trouble getting my first try (a refuel area) to compile - I got errors on words that, according to the documentation, should be correct. For example: I wrote, as stated in the doc, REFUELREPAIR (a trigger) which was not accepted. Same thing on the availability-variable...I opened the file bglcomp.xsd with the Notepad (just drag-n-drop) and found the correct syntax to be REFUEL_REPAIR. Bingo - compiled without errors. Might be useful to know if you get strange errors reported. Seems easy, but if MS tells you to write REFUELREPAIR, then you do... ;-)/hans

Guest cwright

Arno, that was my concern, too. I tried placing the leaning tower of Pisa in my own scenery with Airport and it worked fine. There must be some other reason why it din't work. Best regards, Chris

Guest bostar2004

Thank you Arno for you reply. I

I tried to place both on a test location (far away from both cities). The leaning tower of Pisa does appear, but the Statue of Liberty does not. So I think there is still some difference between the library files, maybe some are basically still the old Fs2002 files?

Arno

Hi all.You can easily place objects at a height relative to the ground elevation:<?xml version="1.0"?>This code suspends the Oil Rig example at Tacoma 100 meters in the air.Dick