Sign in to follow this  
DougMatthews

Fences, Freeways and Exclude

PPL,While working in my Puerto Rico project, I encountered some issues. I don't know how to tackle them but I'm sure that you guys will have some good ideas.Need to:1. exclude all freeways of the island2. reduce/adjust the autogen exclude polygon for TJSJ3. adjust the fences around TJSJ which happen to be the same shape of the autogen exlcude polygon.The freeway issue is not a big deal though.There're two major roads that pass inside the defined TJSJ airport. In real life that's not the case. Those roads pass next to the airport, in parallel to runway 8 and 10, so the fences are out of position. Right now, those roads seem to be inside the fenced area. :-(Help!Juan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hola Juan,Just wondering, don't you want to exclude all the default terrain, including the freeways? Otherwise, it will conflict with your replacement elements. So, I would imagine that means a global exclude to get rid of water, roads, streams, beaches, etc.When you say that you want to eliminate freeways, do you also mean removing the roads? It would seem that you would not want either the auto traffic (freeway) or the road texture, and they are two different terrain elements.To eliminate them, you need to draw an exclude polygon that intersects those elements. Roads are clipped to quad 11 and freeway traffic to quad 15, so that will probably affect the extent of the exclude polygon. In the dbf, just indicate what you want to exclude.The airport bounds will probably need to be excluded and re-drawn as well.And the fence is the new extrusion type that requires a BGLComp exclude to remove.Best regards.Luis

I know this may sound silly, but have you confirmed the airport is in the correct location? It would not be the first time it's off, even by a little.I only mention this because more times than not the road data was accurate. But I will also concede it's easier to manipulate the roads than relocate an airport.

Meshman,Seems that Microsoft did a good job in regards to location. I didn't have too much problems aligning the roads.Luis,I made a lot of progress. I was thinking on releasing the scenery as it is right now. I was able to exclude the roads and utilities lines by using a shapefile polygon that covers the entire island. That worked. The problem with the Freeways still there. What I mean with Freeways is the actual traffic, not the road texture. I haven't been able to exclude them. Also the fences still there but it doesn't bothers me since they're barely visible.Here's a shot of TJSJhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/162097.jpg

My goodness, Juan, that is what I call detailed scenery! It looks great.To exclude the freeways, it should be possible to give the polygon a GUID of{54B91ED8-BC02-41B7-8C3B-2B8449FF85EC}and that should normally remove them.Best regards.Luis

Hi,Your scenery looks great!Fences are excluded via an XML exclude. Check the BGLCOMP SDK for the DeleteAirport element. Note that there are some extra attributes that are not mentioned in the SDK. These are:deleteAllBlastFencesdeleteAllBoundaryFencesdeleteAllControlTowersdeleteAllJetwaysI found this information at the following url along with a lot of other useful information:http://www.projectai.com/discuss/index.php?topic=53054.0

Luis,I tried the regkey but it didn't work. Those vehicles seem to like the dirt. ;-)Floyd,Thanks for the link!I going to be updating the land class since I'm on a roll.Thank you all!Juan

looking great Juan !! As you can see I have been following your progress :) I wish I could help you Juan, I just don't have the skills for that kind of work. But believe me we appreciate your hard work on puerto ricos scenery now we can finally see, some traffic on the Rwy 8 and 10 approaches ! :-wave :-cool

That must be an off-road rallye in the neighborhood, Juan.Strange that you could not get rid of it. Would you please show the exclude polygon and the dbf and xml that you are using? That would help track the problem down.Best regards.Luis

I have found the problem, Juan.We cannot exclude freeway traffic!Thanks for finding this out, although it is probably not what you wanted to hear.Your files compile correctly and create a valid bgl, but they do not exclude traffic.I made a smaller polygon and that did not exclude traffic either.So, we must conclude that it cannot be done, at least in that manner.Unless somebody else has an idea, we shall have to wait for the next version of FS.Good thing there isn't that much traffic in the Caribbean.Best regards.Luis

Hi Juan and Luis.It's very strange! Even using an exclusion GUID of {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000} you still get traffic! Even leaving off the -addtocells option.I guess this is a bug. :(Dick

>Hi Juan and Luis.>>It's very strange! Even using an exclusion GUID of>{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000} you still get traffic!>Even leaving off the -addtocells option.>>I guess this is a bug. :(>>DickThis does indeed appear to be a bug. I've reproduced it and will pass along to the appropriate team members.-Doug

Hi all.I think I have a work-around for the FWX exclude.While we can't exclude the freeway traffic, we can replace it by compiling new traffic, and NOT using -addtocells.This will replace all traffic in the QMID15 ( LOD13 ) cell... and seems to leave the rest of the vector scenery alone. If you want to eliminate all traffic in the QMID15, just draw a line and under NumberOfLa, use 0. ( Zero lanes of traffic ). This replaces the cell data with zero lanes.I think the other vector info is left alone with NOT using -addtocells here, because we are dealing with a clip level of 15 ( as defined in the xml )... and only traffic resides on clip level 15.So use a unique filename name for your traffic shapefile ( maybe "FWXMyTrafficPUR5" , and compile it separately ( NOT using -addtocells ), to get a separate freewaytraffic BGL replacement for Puerto Rico. Replace with your traffic lines, and rid excess default traffic by using short lines with zero NumberOfLa to clear the QMID15 cells if needed. TMFViewer can be of great help by setting the grid to QMID15 and jotting down the long-lats for the short zero-traffic lines. You can find the default directory and file number for the appropriate cvx file to use in TMFViewer by using TCalcX_002 while slewing in the sim:http://webpages.charter.net/ludowr/TCalcX_002_source.zipTCalcX requires the .Net 2.0 runtime framework installed...as do many of the FSX SDK tools.Dick

Great stuff, Dick. As usual, we can count on you to get us out of these difficult situations.Best regards.Luis