Sign in to follow this  
Guest GCBarni

Mr. Rob Gainer - Everyone Please Read

Mr. Gainer over the last couple of months has contributed tremendously to the collections of mesh scenery available to the community. But, his contribution seems to have come at a high price. I refer to his slander of Justin, Dick, Holger and others. AVSIM will not support, implicitly or directly, someone who takes liberty with the "facts", and distorts them, knowingly or otherwise, toward their own end. In my personal opinion, Mr. Gainer seens to have a problem. I am not sure what it is. Paranoia, whatever. To call into question the integrity (and even the very existance) of Justin and others without foundation is unacceptable to us. Therefore, I have directed the library managers to remove all of Mr. Gainer's files, and to not accept any more of his uploads.

Mr. Allensworth,Congratulations on your decision to remove Mr. Gainer's posts from the scenery library. You are to be commended for your integrity and excellent judgement.Wil Husted

Guest Matt Johnson

Just to add:It is patently clear that Mr. Gainer's "facts" are almost entirely crazed manipulations of reality. When his site was brought to my attention, I reinvestigated using the same data he had. I came to a thoroughly different conclusion almost immediately.Furthermore, he (or his "webmaster") is now claiming that anyone who is accessing his site through a transparent web proxy (as used by many ISPs, including AOL, NTL in the UK, some ATTBI areas) is attempting to hide something and intends to ban them all.Given I had an extremely pleasant discussion with Justin in Reading last year, and through the forum software I was able trivially (within 10 minutes) to confirm Holger and Dick's bonafides, I'm confident when I concur with Tom that Mr. Gainer seems to have some sort of problem -- however, that problem is undoubtedly not based in fact.Best regards,--M

Guest SoarPics

I believe it is only in Avsim's and the hobby's interest to sever all ties with Mr. Gainer. In the end nothing good could come from associating with one who twists the facts so horribly as he has.Good on you folks. :-beerchug

>Mr. Gainer over the last couple of months has contributed>tremendously to the collections of mesh scenery available to>the community. But, his contribution seems to have come at a>high price. I refer to his slander of Justin, Dick, Holger and>others.Other than a minor quibble about the use of "slander" instead of "libel," I fully applaud the stance of AVSIM regarding this individual.It took all of ten minutes to get 'banned' from his forum, and all I said were nice things! :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Well, I guess he is the master of his (sub)domain. Yes, the Big Fish in his own tiny pond.Someone in my forums brought up the point that maybe he is posting back and forth to himself with assumed names.Would make sense, since I'm sure he will have banned all IPs on the internet before long.But I was the first!:-)-------Justinhttp://www.fsgenesis.netHigh Quality Scenery for FS200x

Justin - Toposim

http://www.toposim.net

Guest Matt Johnson

Justin, that thought came to me as well last night. Great minds, etc etc etc. :)--M

Thanks very much for taking this action, Tom. I had thought of bringing the matter to your attention, but fortunately you take an active part in maintaining the civil, even friendly, nature of this enthusiast site.Many thanks for providing such a welcoming atmosphere for us all.Best regards.Luis

Guest Ing

Just got into this thread, My question is what did the poor man did to get all these negative comments.Ing.

Guest JDH

According to his website, he is the only member of his forum and all four posts are by him!!Oh well, should be a lot more room on the server now his files are gone!

Guest Ozzie

>Just got into this thread, >My question is what did the poor man did to get all these>negative comments.>>Ing.Suggest you take the time to do a good long "browse" on this and other forums and make you own mind up

Guest Ing

I did follow most of this thread and there is still no mention on any relation to mesh publishing and a trip in the wild.!!!

Guest catalinaflyer

Ing:Basically this guy is upset that someone is actually making a tiny bit of money selling mesh. Then, he gets really out of hand when he is banned from a forum. (Which BTW is free for all to use so I guess if we're going to play in this sites playground and they decide they don't like us they have no obligation to let us stay) Mr. Rob Lawyer Yakity Yak has spread his fodder all over the Internet and on many people