Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

This can be rather addicting...

Guest ilove777

I just uploaded this to the server and it should be available sometime tomorrow. Feeling like taking an old-fashioned business trip somewhere in style?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/64650.jpgJohn BauderFly! II PCNew York, NYKLGA/KJFKjohnlbauder@aol.com

Guest ilove777

Alejandro...I attempted to look through the forums to see exactly what it was you SAID about the United liveries but to no avail...so...what was it that you said? Did it have something to do with how the old liveries looked rather plain or something to that effect?John BauderFly! II PCNew York, NYKLGA/KJFKjohnlbauder@aol.com

G'day John,Great repaint! Really shows off the beautiful flowing lines of the Caravelle. I was unaware that the Caravelle ever existed across the other side of the pond. :-)OK you're hooked now. What's next on the agenda?Thanks for this repaint.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Hi John,Wow! This is a great repaint! I really enjoyed flying her. I still get a tickle when that parachute deploys. Very nice workmanship, sir!Thanks!Earl

Guest jomar111

Very good job John! A beautiful repaint! The colors make it look like an old craft, reminds me of the typical charming 1970 stewardesses, or the book "coffee, tea or me?" :)You remember them don't you?!romanKEWRNewark

Great work on this and the 747, John!Would you consider doing the Sun Country 727 in Retro American Airlines or a Retro TWA?? ;-) Sort of a Homage payback to Pete?Keep up the great work!Cheers!Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Guest ilove777

Hey Ken!The American Airlines Retro 727 was done by Pete Sterling (1/23/02) and the TWA "Classic," done by Pete Sterling too, was done on 12/13/01. Both of these are available on the AVSIM server.I've got a few projects on my plate which I would like to accomplish. Unfortunately, since I go to school (senior student) the number of hours I can put into projects on a daily/weekly basis can be rather limited.What other livery(ies) would you like to see that are not necessarily available right now?John BauderFly! II PCNew York, NYKLGA/KJFKjohnlbauder@aol.com

Guest ilove777

Oh my gosh - you're over in Newark? We should get together and share Fly! information. I'm near JFK/LGA airports - actually, right in between.I had a sister (who died this past May) who was a Flight Attendant (stewardress) with UAL since February 1973. Since we grew up in Detroit we were fortunate to be close enough to drive to UAL/ORD-EXO and attend her graduation ceremony. I may have been only eight years old but I will never forget that.Up until 1991 I was a huge UAL supporter - now, mostly since I accumulate miles through AAdvantage, I typically fly American whenever possible.As far as the book, "Coffee, Tea, or Me?" I've never seen it but I have heard of it. Do you have a copy?John BauderFly! II PCNew York, NYKLGA/KJFKjohnlbauder@aol.com

Oh my! I missed the TWA 727 somehow... didn't realize it was already done! Well, I was thinking of more the 40's/50's livery for TWA on the 727 - to go in line with the retro AA livery... like on the older DC3's...No matter which, you're doing a great job, and I thank you for the efforts you're putting in!Many Cheers!Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Guest tonyc

It's a great plane, and it will get a new panel someday...;-)tony