Sign in to follow this  
jd

some version 3 enhancments that are done

Guest Scott Campbell

If it does, we'll just blame John Burgess! :-lol(inside tester joke)

Who will accept no responsibility whatever :-lolWe're all supposed to be Europeans sans frontier now anyway >:-)I just wish the French would come and take over some of my local restaurants :-beerchugAll the best,John[table border=2bgcolor=#eeeeee][tr][td]http://avsim.com/flightdeck/images/Radar_small.gif[/td][td]Beta Tester of http://www.jdtllc.com' target="_blank">Radar Contact] the premiere ATC adventure add-on for FS

Guest Scott Campbell

John,Y'all need some good St. Louis (or Louisiana) Bar-B-Que, not to mention Chicago pizza! :9 :-bla

>not >to mention Chicago pizza!Yes, please don't mention it. :~PThe only real pizza, of course, is New York pizza...a slice of heaven. :-bigangelSidney Schwartz (KPDX) formally (KLGA)

Hi JD,Will V.3 allow you to save your frequencies in the compiling window so you don't have to enter them each time, maybe even read the frequencies from the FS scenery files. It would be nice to have real world Center frequencies too.What about alternate airports, emergency landings, etc.?Have you or anyone looked into the recently released SDKs from MS having to do with modifying the ATC voices and AI aircraft database.I know about the TTools program, but it would sure be great to have RC aware of the AI aircraft and vector accordingly. I would love to hear "cleared for visual approach runway 16 left, your traffic to follow is a Boeing 737". Maybe Ver.4?Here are links to the SDKs:http://zone.msn.com/flightsim/FS02DevDeskSDK01.asphttp://zone.msn.com/flightsim/FS02DevDeskSDK03.aspKeep up the good workDave

Guest Scott Campbell

Dave,The frequencies are being provided by real-world information, along with airports information. Unless someone can provide a data file for all the world's Center/Control frequencies, then they are still random.Alternate airports, Change of Destination, and Emergencies are handled.AI traffic is handled. You get real traffic calls.

I like the idea of changing xpndr codes on a random basis. From what I have found out, it is a sometimes you change codes and sometimes you don't type of thing.JimCYWG

As long as there is talk about enhancements; is there any chance that V3 will be able to recognize terrain heights and take good care of not controlling you into a mountain? I guess that there will be an option to fly a standard arrival for those Airports where one does have charts, but usually you don't have charts for that many airports.However, when MS couldn't even get their own ATC to recognize terrain, I guess the chances are not very likely that they provide this info for addon's...Morten.

Guest Scott Campbell

Morten,No, and in reality, to a large degree, no. It's always a good idea to know something about the terrain you're flying into (pun not intended). Controller's don't often know the actual altitude of terrain, but so know MEA's. You can do this too with some reading and learning the area first. If you aren't certain, use NOTAM's and fly in the daytime until you are familiar with the area.

I can't wait for this progaram to come out. My two quick questions are, can the menu be hidden and only called out when you need it? And do the accents correspond to the region of the world or do we just have one accent? Either which way this promises to be a great product. Oh yeah, I just thought of one more question - will taxi instructions be given using actual taxiway instructions like they are now? I am a beta tester for taxiwaysigns.com, and I just love the realism of having to write down the taxiway instructions and then navigate your way around the airport.

Guest Scott Campbell

The menu is AdvDisp, so it can't be hidden. You need the info on it all the while running RC anyway.Right now there's no localized ATC. That would require a lot of people in each possible region to make controller files. There are 392 controller areas at present. That would be hundreds of people/10's of gigs of controller wavs (there are already 15 controllers and counting and gigs of controller wavs).No one here is planning on making 20,000+ data sets of all the airports in the world, and 60,000+ data sets for all possible ways to get to each runway, so no, there will no taxiway information.

had a wonderful time at the beach. Thanks to Andrew Turner for coming out to see me, i think he was impressed with what he saw in version 3 ;-)here are a few more enhancements in v3 that are done:1) everyone's favorite, another critique. if you are told to go around, and you land anyway, another visit from bill stevens2) 250 kt relief for heavies, below 100003) user defined vfr squawk code, no longer hard coded to 12004) distance to pause now works whether otto is flying or not (for df and pss planes)5) a new feature called "flexible departure procedure". if this is checked, your first checkpoint does NOT have to be within 30 miles of the airport. this came about from someone who wanted the first checkpoint of a departure procedure, to be the first common checkpoint of the departure procedures for a number of different runways. it was always outside 30 miles. now, he can check flexible departure procedure, fly the departure procedure for any runway, and meet up with his first official checkpoint outside 30 miles!

Guest Badger

Just a quick question on diverts and emergencies.Can you tell us if RC will vector us to the field or simply cancel any ATC and leave us to fend for ourselves until we land or is that giving too much away :-)RegardsMark

Guest Scott Campbell

Mark,RC will vector to the field, and will line you up with the ILS if there is one, or line you up with the FAF. It's the same as with filed destination, except: When declaring an emergency, you get the choice of the 5 closest fields to meet your aircraft's runway requirements. ATC is all nice and helpful in allowing you to do whatever you need to get down.Alternate and COD is handled just like destination.