Sign in to follow this  
slugger

How does RC work with Ultimate Traffic?

I use RC with Ultimate Traffic (flying Flight 1 ATR with FS2Crew).Waiting behind AI traffic for takeoff, I hear AI aircraft announcing final and RC giving landing wind info. What I don't hear is RC clearing the AI in front of me to position and hold and then for takeoff. Instead, the aircraft just vanish, in sequence, as they prepare to enter the runway.Don't know if this is an issue with RC, Ultimate Traffic, or the waythey work together. Maybe I'm just asking my computer to do too much.In any case, I love RC.Thanks in advance for any insights.SluggerDell P4 2.0GHzATI 9600pro1 GIG Ram

works great. i use UT every time i fly. other testers use a variety of other AIthere are two things to look at.do you have third party scenery installed? did you click the rebuild rc database?do you have fsuipc 3.65 installed?if both of those answers are yes, then:launch rcclick debugload the .plnclick start rcfly the .pln and duplicate the problem. then zip up the .log file and email it to jd@jdtllc.comjd

Thanks for the quick reply! I think it was about two minutes!I have FSUIPC 3.65 installed, so I'll rebuild the database, debug, and see if I can duplicate the problem. (May be a couple of days before I can do it.)Don't know how to zip up the log file though. I'll see if I can find instructions on how to do that in the 4.0 manual.Thanks. RC is such a wonderful program.SluggerBTW, that TrackIR video with Level-D 767 IS amazing. Naturalpoint should have it in their archive.

On some AFCADS there is a problem that can cause AI to get stuck. That is why they disappear after the five minute freeze allowance. You can get info on the forums at www.projectai.com. However, it is more likely you have a congestion problem.If you have AI percent turned up high and you have a "string of pearls" of AI landing, then the AI takeoff queue builds. Some of us use the freeware AISmooth v1.12 to space out arrivals. It is not entirely bug free but it does work. You can get it from:http://www.sg-flightware.de/By spacing out incoming AI to your specification it gives a chance for departing AI to be interleaved for take-off. I recommend you turn off in its set-up all AI speech options and also turn off respond to user aircraft. This avoids interference with RC AI control.Also look for the freeware FS Configurator by Ken Salter in the AVSIM libs. One function allows you to increase taxi speed so AI exit the runways faster. Do not speed it up too much or they are going to look quite unnatural.

Slugger,Make sure you have "Interact with Ai" checked in Options. That's essential if Ai aircraft are going to respond to RC controllers.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather