Sign in to follow this  
northridge

v5 wishlist

The first thing is simple: allow us total keyboard input choice, not just Ctrl/Sh & numbers. (This has to do with any number of addons that require keyboard inputs that may conflict with those used in RC4 - in my case the LDS767.)Secondly, allow us, when we file our plan, to choose an 'event' - Go Around, Divert to Alternative or Hold - which we'd be given on the fly - not pre-programmed by us but thrown at us inflight. And as an extension to that allow us to ask for a random event: RC4 (5?) chooses one or more with no advance warning and we have to deal with it.I'd like to say that I'm not proficient enough yet to be able to deal with this (at least not at 'Heavy' speeds) but there's no doubt that a great many RC4 users are, and by the time RCv5 comes around I will be (and even more will be too).And none of this is to be interpreted as noise from an unsatisfied customer: quite the reverse. RC4 has forced me to take ATC more seriously, and as a result all other aspects of flightsimming too.

you can use what ever key, ctrl, shift, combination that you want. unfortunately, they can't conflict with what is already defined in fs, since i only see keystrokes after they go "through" fs.the option to set your own keys were required because so many other add-ons don't allow you to change the key combinations. i'm afraid i'm limitedyou want a go-around :-) don't lower your gearsyou want a hold, you can choose to hold always, you just have to have a VOR as the last checkpoint within 5 miles of the airport in the .plnjd

I owe you an apology: I had not realised, in my blinkered way, that I could choose any keystroke: I saw the numbers in the boxes and took them as being the ones I had to use. Duh!With regards the 'events', obviously I failed to express my ideas clearly enough (but again, I didn't know that not lowering the gear would provoke a GA). But my point here would be to NOT not lower the gear: a normal approach, and 'Bosh' - suddenly you have to deal with a, b or c.The idea is to bring a little more realism to the events - which is where my idea of them being random (like the 'Failure' scenarios on some payware aircraft) - comes in. Tell RC4 that you want a random event, and then deal with whatever RC4 throws at you if and when it does.However, poorly thought-out ideas poorly expressed are perhaps best kept to myself.And before I sneak off with my tail between my legs, how do I go about getting my voice recorded for the next version?

Guest RickT

Send me an email rick@jdtllc.com and I will send you an audition email.

>Send me an email rick@jdtllc.com and I will send you an>audition email.Rick, what equipment does one need to record for RC?Iain Smith

Guest RickT

Standard everyday PC and a good quality headset (prefered). We have had people use a desktop mike but the quality just isn't that good.

>you can use what ever key, ctrl, shift, combination that you>want. unfortunately, they can't conflict with what is already>defined in fs, since i only see keystrokes after they go>"through" fs.Does not allow function keys and the like though.

that's because fs already has them trapped.you can't configure keys for rc, if they are used by fs, such as ; or / or . or .......jd

I like to have some native RC4 ground taxi control after landing as the default ATC.- Also the default progressive taxi line is very useful in complex airports, why RC4 hasnt something similar ?

i don't think a pretty pink line on the tarmac is very realistic.you can download airport diagrams, and rc will give you a heading a distance to the runway threshold, in case you get lost.but v5 will see some flavor of ground handlingjd

You can use FS9 atc and RC4 together , providing you use different key inputs for them. Call up FS9 atc in the normal way and ask for ProgTaxiand you'll get that lovely pink help (what were they thinking!?)If you lower the FS9 atc sound in the options menu,you can also hear, 'underneath' RC4, FS9 controllers and traffic chatter.

Guys,For owners of FS Flight Keeper you can use the excellent map to find your way around any airport in FS9. I appreciate it isn't freeware but if you like keeping statistics on your flights it's the best program out there.I'm not a native of Miami but I had no problem finding my way to 09L for a recent flight. How realistic is that horrible pink line? :-erks http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/153551.jpgCheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I take it that those of you who are critical of the Microsoft pink line (ok the colour could have been better chosen)are aware that many large airports have a system of coloured lights that the ground controller can switch on to guide crews unfamiliar with the airport to/from the gate? Not really so different from a coloured line! ;-) Iain Smith

1. I would like practice holds. VOR holds, NDB holds, VOR/DME holds, Intersection holds.... etc. So if there is way to keep requesting holds that would be nice. I know.. I could go and do all kinds of holds by myself... but the thing is... I want them to read out the hold instructions and for me to write it down and interpret it correctly.. That can be one only if I am issued hold instructions by another person.2. And ground control (this has already been beaten to death). ;)3. Radar Approach. (I know this is not easy.. and you had explained the difficulty of this... but I'll put it here..just for the record).4.Ability to not deal with the ATC during the long haul like FS9, where if we don't tune into the next controller... a little cheat help (this is more for the sim rather than real world)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter