Sign in to follow this  
jd

an interesting question has arisen while we're testing/coding v5. it has to do with what type of aircraft is being flown by the typical rc user. is it:

an interesting question has arisen while we're testing/coding v5. it has to do with what type of aircraft is being flown by the typical rc user. is it:  

591 members have voted

1. 1.

• stock ms planes
    • freeware planes, with ms autopilot functionality
    • freeware planes with FMC's
    • payware planes with FMC's
    • all types
    • payware planes without FMC's

Guest OddAngryShot

Smaller GA type aircraft with no FMC as well as the smaller commercial airline/cargo aircraft such as the DC3 and Dash-8. I also try to fly some of the larger airliners but not quite fully up to speed with that area of simming yet. I fly mostly my favourite payware aircraft but also some quite good freeware stuff.

Guest hotwheel

Majestic Dash8, Homecockpit Version with Yoke, Rudder Pedals, the GoFlight Airliner Configuration, 3 Touchscreens and Beamer......

Guest XM DUDE

If I'm pressed for time, I'll do an FS Nav flight or a VFR helicopter flight.I also fly PMDG with FMS depending on my mood. I often fly my Caravan on short VFR hops from KBUR to KSAN as well.

awesome Maddog2006 and Flight1 ATR! Both with FMC!

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

Guest Kov

Hi everybody,I only fly airliners of the pre 1980 era. For example: Dreamfleet 727, David Maltby stuff, Stellan Hilmerby's DC-9, Vmax 747-200, HJG stuff, Tom Gibson propliners, Rick Piper stuff, Project Tupolev, etc. I try to do my flying according to the rules of the pre RNAV era. That means, the most modern navigation equipment i use is the Civa-INS and i use it only on early wide bodies and later 707 and DC-8 models for trans oceanic flights. Trans oceanic flights with older types i do with astro navigation. RegardsJakov

Guest ha5mvo

"button flying" is way too boring for me (never mind that it poses little challenge). So I'd answer "all kinds" (mostly steam-gauge jets)

Guest sue64

Hi AllI'm mostly flying small jet's like Just flight's Airbus, 737 and the Flight 1 ATR.72. But I'll have a go at anything that takes my fancy.Sue64

Guest machammer

I voted payware with FMC. But as others have said I fly all types. Right now in FSX I fly mostly the Barion 58 with the G1000.Regards.Bill

I use RC4 with a wide variety of payware aircraft, from which I expect full realism. So, if it's the Flight1 Piper Meridian, through the PSS Dash-8, all the way to PMDG 737 or PSS Airbus series- I treat them as full simulations. I usually start from cold and dark cockpits to ensure maximum realism. So I expect RC to deliver on the same level.RC4 sure does the job, and v5 should keep up the high standards.Eytan OrnsteinLLHA

Hi JD,I'm flying with pretty much everything under the sun, freeware, payware and otherwise.Say hey to the Beta Team for me!Cheers,Mike T.

you probably just did. i think there in here padding the fmc numbers :-)

<>I haven't voted although I was tempted to. I've probably added several clicks to the read count though :-)Hello Mike! :-wave

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I too fly payware mostly with FMC and some without, because they didn't come with FMC. But on those I have Reality XP GPS system for guidence.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64