Sign in to follow this  
Bill A

RC V5 Callsigns

Olympic Airways - Greece Olympic Aviation - Greece do not any longer exist.The new company that flies since October 2009 is Olympic Air (NOA).Also I would be greatful if you could add in the callsigns Athens Airways (ATW).

Olympic Airways - Greece Olympic Aviation - Greece do not any longer exist.The new company that flies since October 2009 is Olympic Air (NOA).Also I would be greatful if you could add in the callsigns Athens Airways (ATW).
Both the old Olympics were already marked for recording, and added now are Athens Airways and also the new Olympic Air.Subs

Subs and Co.This post is not to do with airline call signs.You will probably be aware that the Manchester(UK)ATC sub centre has now gone and is now controlled from Prestwick c/s Scottish.I'm not sure I've ever heard "Manchester" in use in RC-apart from the airport itself(EGCC) but just thought I'd mention it as obviously you do try to keep to the proper centre boundaries in the current productI'm sure Ray will have mentioned this amongst othersIt seems really odd to be contacting "Scottish"immediately after take off from some UK airports but that's what we have to do now.

Subs and Co.This post is not to do with airline call signs.You will probably be aware that the Manchester(UK)ATC sub centre has now gone and is now controlled from Prestwick c/s Scottish.I'm not sure I've ever heard "Manchester" in use in RC-apart from the airport itself(EGCC) but just thought I'd mention it as obviously you do try to keep to the proper centre boundaries in the current productI'm sure Ray will have mentioned this amongst othersIt seems really odd to be contacting "Scottish"immediately after take off from some UK airports but that's what we have to do now.
We had discussed this very change within the beta team not too long ago. Our UK controller's information was that even though the centres are being controlled from a different physical location, the change is only within the ATC staffing system itself and transparent to the pilots. The airspace (and their names) it turns out will remain the same for at least some more years to come. So it's really the controller that moved, not the airpsce :(Subs

True enough in every way apart from the one fact that the name does indeed change.That's really all I was saying.The name has been changed not the boundaries.It's a minor issue although some pilots are still calling it "Manchester".They're learning mind you.Old habits etc!

True enough in every way apart from the one fact that the name does indeed change.That's really all I was saying.The name has been changed not the boundaries.It's a minor issue although some pilots are still calling it "Manchester".They're learning mind you.Old habits etc!
As always we keep reviewing and re-reviewing all the issues that present itself inbetween versions of RC. Your input is highly valued, and is noted for reference. We the beta testers (being from various parts of the world) are a critical bunch and if something in RC isn't "normal" from our own corner, we make sure jd knows about it.A little OT & FYI here, but I being from Australia often can't get my mind to imagine the 'small' bits of airspace that often exsist in Europe and the US. In Oz, enroute traffic is controlled from only two centres - Brisbane and Melbourne, both on the east coast. Both locations control large centres (11% f the world's airspace), many thousands of miles wide, and the data/voice tramission is relayed via satellite rather than repeater towers. Large parts of the Pacific and Indian Oceans are also controlled from these locations for Class A OCA. So for us, these are the only two FIRs in the region, and it makes it easy to replicate in RC. When we get to areas of high volumes of traffic like the US and especially Europe (airspace is soveriegn territory), it becomes more and more difficult to replicate the real world and it's changes into RC.These UK airspace changes are monitored and it'll be replicated as best as we can in RCv5. But again, thanks for any information forums users like yourself post, as it helps keep a track of what's going on in the global world of aviation and ATC.Subs

Don't think I realised you were from "Down Under" Subs.Great country.Only had 2 visits and am hoping for another next year.Never been to the west side yet.Yes UK Airspace is highly complex and I think you guys do a terrific job with the whole package.Those new UK areas must look like small beer compared to what happens in Oz.Cheers.

Oh you're from down under.. I'd love to come over and as a matter of fact will once I've got the cash..maybe we can meet up eventually...I'd love to see a live kangaroo...

Guest jonathand

Hi, I don't know if it is too late but one thing that would be nice would be if all the callsigns from world of ai packages could be included in v5.Thanks.

Hi All,If possible I would like some Turkish carriers;Co: Pegasus Airlines Call Sign:Sunturk //: Atlasjet //:Atlasjet //: Sunexpress //:Sunexpress //: Onur Air // :Onur AirAs far as I remember these are 20+ in fleet size, so they're not very small operations.And I mostly fly in Turkey, so really would appreciate if you recorded them.

Hi, I don't know if it is too late but one thing that would be nice would be if all the callsigns from world of ai packages could be included in v5.Thanks.
That has already been 'done' from the development perspective, but unfortunatly not all airlines will be able to make the list for v5 because there would be just too many to record. There full list contains thousands and thousands of them, which is way too many. So the final list will be a combination of the world's largest airlines, and the ones that users request in this thread.Subs
Hi All,If possible I would like some Turkish carriers;Co: Pegasus Airlines Call Sign:Sunturk //: Atlasjet //:Atlasjet //: Sunexpress //:Sunexpress //: Onur Air // :Onur AirAs far as I remember these are 20+ in fleet size, so they're not very small operations.And I mostly fly in Turkey, so really would appreciate if you recorded them.
A couple of them had been requested previously and therefore on the list already, but the other two are now added for the v5 list :)Subs

Hi,Could you add three for three Cessna aircraft types: SKYHAWK, SKYLANE and SKYCATCHER
Done.Subs

Lopuck Air is a small charter company that operated in northern Manitoba, Canada. I used to charter with them. I think it was just a guy with a couple of Cessna's.JimCYWG