Sign in to follow this  
l3ubba

Ezdok Camera in V3 without V2 install

So I have P3Dv3 and would like to install Ezdok camera as it is one of the most important addons I use. I have seen lots of people go through a whole process of installing it by doing some trick with installing it into v2 then moving it over. I do not have v2 installed right now and I don't really feel like installing it just to install one addon. Has anyone come up with a way to get Ezdok working in v3 without having v2 installed?

Samuel Scully

Just doing the same thing,  trying to figure out how to install without having V2 on MY PC,   Up to my eyes in google now,  will report back shortly  

Good luck, I have been digging through lots of forum posts but no luck yet. Everything I have found talks about having v2 installed.

Samuel Scully

Sure look on the bright side Samuel, if you get bored and are feeling adventures you can try this easy peasy installation,  and when 72 painful hours pass and your ready to smash up your whole house, i think you will be happy enough to go without it,  sure let me know how you get on  :smile:   Its all double dutch to me 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

""For Ezdok beta Users the following guide will allow you to use Ezdok normally (INCLUDING ez config tool) under a standalone install of Prepar3d V3

DO NOT USE IT IF YOU ALREADY HAVE PREPAR3D V2 INSTALLED

If you have tried an alternative method by creating your own V2 folders, they need deletion 
Otherwise the link command below will not work as it creates the required V2 folder
manual changes to cameras.cfg and EXE.xml files do not require removal as they will be checked By the ez config tool.

alternative methods that do not include proper use of ez config tool will result in potetial view conflicts controller conflicts and key/b joy/b conflicts when addon aircraft using special views/hotkeyselect assignments 

BEFORE YOU START -COPY /PASTE THE GUIDE TEXT INTO A NOTEPAD FILE ON YOUR DESKTOP AND USE IT TO FOLLOW THE GUIDE

GUIDE PART 1

There are TWO folder links required - 
1. /Appdata/roaming/folder - p3d V3
2 documents saved flight folder - Prepar3D v3

here is how to do it - using a windows command prompt
win 8.1/win 10 - rightmouse click on start and select command prompt(admin)
win 7 - type in the start menu search - cmd.exe - in the program list right mouse click on the icon and choose run as admin

paste the following text into the CMD window (right mouse click) and press enter
if successful a message will confirm link created 
### you must add your own -username- or it will not work ###

MKLINK /d "C:\Users\yakpilot2\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2" "C:\Users\yakpilot2\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3"

MKLINK /d "C:\Users\yakpilot2\documents\Prepar3D v2 Files" "C:\Users\yakpilot2\documents\Prepar3D v3 Files"

These linked folders do not actually contains any files - so they do NOT take up any disk space it allows Ezdok and other programs to read the V3 files as if they were in a V2 folder 
SPECIAL NOTE
If you have problems with the MKLINK command - try using /j instead of /d

MKLINK /j "C:\Users\yakpilot2\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2" "C:\Users\yakpilot2\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3"

MKLINK/j "C:\Users\yakpilot2\documents\Prepar3D v2 Files" "C:\Users\yakpilot2\documents\Prepar3D v3 Files"

image of the folders 
guidev31.jpg
guidev32.jpg

PART 2 - There are two registry entries needed to allow Ezdok to accept v3 as if it were V2

they also allow normal install of payware aircraft /scenery for v2 into v3

WARNING - ALTERING THE WINDOWS REGISTRY IS DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK 
I HAVE MINIMISED THE RISK BUT YOU MUST FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS AS STATED

WARNING - I HAVE NOT CHECKED THE REGISTRY ENTRIES FOR WINDOWS 7.1 SO CANNOT SAY FOR CERTAIN THE V3 REG KEYS WILL BE THE SAME 

Before you start 
win 8.1/win 10 users - 
type in the windows search "regedit"

start the application
click on "computer"
then click on file 
select "export"
name it as MyPCregistry
check the "all" button in export range is set 
click on save 

This gives you a full backup of Your PC registry and is vital as you can use it to return the registry back to where it was before you began the changes.

DO NOT ALTER ANY OF THE CONTENTS OF THE REGISTRY MANUALLY

To create the new entries 
Navigate to path = HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

right mouse click on the P3d v3 key and choose export (do not touch the scenery/content keys)

this will open a save window - save it as P3dv2_Current User - it will be saved in your documents folder

repeat the export and save the key located at 
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3
save as - p3dv2_Local_machine.reg

change the content - 
open the files using windows notepad 

alter the header line from Prepar3d v3 to v2 NOTHING ELSE 
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2]

save the file using - all files(*.*) - p3dv2_current_user.reg

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2]

save the file using - all files(*.*) - P3dv2_local_machine.reg

Close the registry application 

now go to your documents folder 
rightmouse click on each file 
choose Merge 
then YES 
if successful you will get TWO message pop ups confirming completed 

Open the registry using "regedit" again and check both entries are in place they should match the v3 entry but should be named as Prepar3d v2 

v2dummyregCU.jpg
v2dummyregLM.jpg

That's it done, 
RUN the ezca config tool 
Image of the tool - note the path to the v2 folder and path to your V3 sim install folder
guidev33.jpg

Ezdok will pick up the V2 registry entry but actually use the V3 Sim INSTALL folder and link""

Haha, yeah I saw that guide. I tried it (or at least I did my best to follow it) and it didn't work for me. I'll give it another try but not getting my hopes up.

Samuel Scully

Holy cow that looks rather convoluted. There's a YouTube video explaining how to install Ezdok into V3 where someone had copied their camera.cfg onto a Dropbox folder and included it in the comments. I just used that and it worked a treat.

Ezdok is one of those must-have utilities for me but the pace of development is frustratingly slow.

• Upvote 1

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Holy cow that looks rather convoluted. There's a YouTube video explaining how to install Ezdok into V3 where someone had copied their camera.cfg onto a Dropbox folder and included it in the comments. I just used that and it worked a treat.

Ezdok is one of those must-have utilities for me but the pace of development is frustratingly slow.

EZ dok hasn't even got installing itself  into 2.5 smoothly yet, so I can imagine what a nightmare it must be to try to shoehorn it into V3. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Well that's true Ben,  but i think you have to have V2 installed for this to work,  now i could be wrong 

This is the tutorial only if you have V2 installed as well,  I think anyway 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUcA9PEhx9U

Elaine,

Excellent tutorial. I particularly like the export - change header - merge, to create new registry keys. What I'm not sure on, is if this will work if there is only P3D v3 installed (no FSX). To start from scratch with EZDok version 1.15, I believe you have to trick the installer into thinking that FSX is installed. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. This is a bit involved as well. Before my rather tiresome explanation below, do keep in mind that you can use the Estonia Migration Tool. I find it a bit intrusive now. I don't really understand what it is doing any longer.

Here it is:

The framework to create a fake FSX is much the same as fake P3D v2.

-go to C:\users\yourUserName\appdata\roaming\microsoft

-create a new folder here named FSX

-go to C:\users\youUserName\appdata\roaming\lockheed marting\prepar3d v3

-copy prepar3d.cfg to the new FSX folder you created

-change the name of prepar3d.cfg to FSX.cfg

-open command prompt as administrator (CTRL + SHIFT + left mouse click). Press ENTER at the end of each line.

-type cd \users\yourUserName\appdata\roamng\microsoft\fsx

-type mklink "exe.xml" "..\..\lockheed martin\prepar3d v3\exe.xml"

-type cd \programdata\microsoft

-type mklink /d "FSX" "..\lockheed martin\prepar3d v3"

-go to the root folder of your Prepar3D installation. Create a new text file. Change the name to FSX.exe. Be sure to get rid of the .txt extension at the end of the new name

-create a new text file somewhere (eg your desktop) and call it fsxUser.reg. Make sure to get rid of the .txt extension. Right click the file and click on edit. Copy the following text (except asterisks) to the file:

***************************************************************************************************************

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0]
"AppPath"="S:\\P3D\\"

****************************************************************************************************************

-create another text file called fsxMachine.reg. Right click and click edit. Copy the following text (except asterisks) to the file

***************************************************************************************************************************************

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0]
"SetupPath"="S:\\P3D\\"

***************************************************************************************************************************************

-in both files, change the address S:\\P3D\\ to the location of your P3D installation. Be sure to keep the double backslashes and quotation marks. Once both files have been created, double click the files and accept the prompts, blah, blah.

You should now have a functional fake FSX.

IMPORTANT: Do not use the EZCA configurator until you are all done with the entire installation. It may give you a major pain in the a--.

-install EZDok version 1.15. 

-download EZDok 1.17 from this address: http://www.ezdok-software.com/resources/files/EZCA-Update-1.17.zip

-install 1.17 over 1.15. It is an update

Note: Unless something has changed, you will need the 1.17 update. The latest update 1.186 will not install properly over 1.15.

-check exe.xml in c:\users\yourUserName\appdata\roaming\lockheed martin\prepar3d v3. Look for this entry:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>EZdok camera addon</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

If it doesn't exist, add it to the file. Be sure it is between an existing addon (/Launch.Addon) and the last entry (/Simbase.Document)

-download the latest update from this address: http://www.ezdok-software.com/resources/files/EZCA_1186.zip

-copy the contents of the update to C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA. Overwrite where prompted

Now you will have an up to date installation of EZDok. Refer to Elaine's excellent info on creating a fake P3D v2. 

After you have setup fake P3D v2, you can run the EZCA configurator.

Please forgive the length of this. It can be exasperating. You can eliminate the need for the fake FSX by installing and using the latest version of the Estonia Migration Tool. The manual creation, above, is simpler and not as comprehensive. It also does not add any entries to your Prepar3D data/configuration files.

Brilliant Stuff Graham. Thanks for the reply.  I got the impression somehow that you weren't able to use the Estonian Migration Tool with V3 like you did in V2.  Can i install Ezdok like i did in V2 using this method. 

Install Ezdok 1.15 from here  http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=ezdockcam  Using the Estonia Migration Tool http://www.fspilotshop.com/fsx-prepar3d-migration-tool-p-3879.html

Then update to 1.17 

Then drop the latest update over it 1.186 

So its basically the same as installing it into V2 ? 

This is what the developer says on his forum:

V3 support is still work in progress. As to FSX SE, Migration Tool will support FSX SE under certain conditions. More info will be available as soon as Migration Tool's support of Prepar3D v3 gets finished.

Jack
the Swede in spain

Brilliant Stuff Graham. Thanks for the reply.  I got the impression somehow that you weren't able to use the Estonian Migration Tool with V3 like you did in V2.  Can i install Ezdok like i did in V2 using this method. 

Install Ezdok 1.15 from here  http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=ezdockcam  Using the Estonia Migration Tool http://www.fspilotshop.com/fsx-prepar3d-migration-tool-p-3879.html

Then update to 1.17 

Then drop the latest update over it 1.186 

So its basically the same as installing it into V2 ?

Bang on. You have the install process correct. You have the better idea using the EMT. I was being a bit Neanderthal in my approach to the tool. I am having a bit of trouble getting my head around the need for a module to start with P3D. I'm sure if I were to get off my hands and go on Paavo's discussion forum, I would get a satisfactory answer.

This is what the developer says on his forum:V3 support is still work in progress. As to FSX SE, Migration Tool will support FSX SE under certain conditions. More info will be available as soon as Migration Tool's support of Prepar3D v3 gets finished.Jackthe Swede in spain

Hey Jack,

There is a developmental build available for download. It's not a final, but it works. If you're aware of it, please disregard the reply with my apologies.

gfd, no need to apologize!  :wink: I was not aware of that. Sorry, I´m just a dumb Swede. I will just crawl back into the woods and hide under the rotten tree!

Jack

the Swede in Spain

gfd, no need to apologize!  :wink: I was not aware of that. Sorry, I´m just a dumb Swede. I will just crawl back into the woods and hide under the rotten tree!

Jack

the Swede in Spain

OK...if you say so. I look at your stuff over at the Orbx forum. I you're dumb, I'm in deep doo doo.