What's New In The File Library
Member Submitted Reviews
Bargain Hunters Forum
Classified, Want, Swap Ads
Community Links Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide (v2)
FSX / P3D Configuration Guide
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Palo Alto -25%
- Anyone seen any good Labor Day sales for Flight SIm 2015?
- REX 50% Off September Sale
- San Diego Lindbergh International Airport 40% off
- Pisa X San Giusto Airport 20% OFF for 24h at SimPlanet
- Rise of flight sale on steam
- REX 5 days 50 people 50% off contest
- Thai Creations 50% off sale
- FlightsimTools.com 3 for 2 deal
- SimSkunkWorks planes 50% off until Aug. 16th
- job for developers
- Saitek Radio & Multi panel
- Selling My 737 Gear :(
- MSI GTX 980 4GB OC Editon. $400
- MSI N550GTX-TI
- GoFlight GF-TQ6 Throttle Quadrant on Ebay(UK)
- For Sale:GOFLIGHT GF-TQ6 Throttle Quadrant
- (2) EVGA GTX970 SC For Sale. Never overclocked, ready to go
- Boeing Style handles / Levers set for Saitek throttle quadrant
- UK Only - Saitek Cessna Yoke and addtional Throttle Quadrant
. . .
Another external FPS limiter (and video recorder) - DXtory
8 replies to this topic
Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:55 PM
Thought I would link everyone a nice utility I use to limit FPS in FSX. It's called DXTory and is primarily a program for recording videos (like Fraps) but also has a frame limiter. Here is the page: http://dxtory.com/v2-home-en.htmlThe reason I like this one over the other options:-the Java-based FPSLimiter v 0.2 requires a batch file to start which some add on programs don't like, plus sometimes it doesn't capture FSX right on startup with addons like EZCA.-the D3DAntilag has problems switching from windowed to fullscreen for some peopleIt's payware but you don't have to pay to use the limiter, it just takes 10 seconds to start the program and then it will open up a browser window whenever you close the utility.Make sure you disable the FPS overlay in DXTory's settings and set your FPS limit as well. Click the tab with the monitor with the little '69' to disable the overlay and then go to the tab with the chip icon to check the FPS limiter box and set your desired FPS. This useful little program also works in DX10 mode, and 8 and even 7 for older games that might benefit from a limited framerate.
Posted 11 June 2011 - 11:49 AM
Take a look at Bandicam ( http://www.bandicam.com/ )... I've been using this program for a while and works like a charm... It can record fullscreen or an area selected by the user, take snapshots, it has a FPS limiter that allows you to remove the limiter while running FSX to see your real FPS and then reactivate the limiter without exiting FSX... and above all.... Recording are supersmooth compared with Fraps...BTW... It's payware...Dexter...
80kts... V1... Rotate...
Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:50 AM
Hello again, I would like to inform this problem is solved on 2.0.109 and it works great again with FSX.
Really nice limiter, But I have FSX detection problem on new versions , asked on Dxtory forum but still no satisfied answer.any one have similar problem or solution for this? http://forum.dxtory....php?topic=961.0 Thanks