Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

g3d.dll workaround/fix to prevent FSX crashes

Guest jahman
I thought everyone purchased FSUIPC anyway! Its the first thing I install after FSX. Couldn't do without the features it provides. The little fixes here and there are great (wind smoothing etc) but the best bit is the control assignments and calibration functions.If you are a new user you are going to really enjoy finding out about all the benefits this gem of an addon offers.
Bingo!FSUIPC was the second add-on I bought after FS-Global 2008. Still truly amazed so many folks don't go for the registered version with all the benefits it offers.Cheers,- jahman.

Having taken part in the original thread to solve my G3D issues I'm pleased to add that Pete's fix cured my problems and I'd be pleased to support him through any means I can. Thanks Pete, you're a geniusim Not Worthy.gif

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

I thought everyone purchased FSUIPC anyway!
Why should I...? It doesn't offer anything I need, so... After all these years I still don't know why this is regarded as a must have for so many people. I guess it all depends on how you fly and what hardware you have...? ;) This fix would have been a reason to buy FSUIPC after all, but since I don't have appcrashes anyway, I still see no need to buy it.

Why should I...? It doesn't offer anything I need, so... After all these years I still don't know why this is regarded as a must have for so many people. I guess it all depends on how you fly and what hardware you have...? ;) This fix would have been a reason to buy FSUIPC after all, but since I don't have appcrashes anyway, I still see no need to buy it.
Errrm.....I wasnt saying you did have to buy it and I would appreciate you avoiding that tone with me in the future, especially when you are implying something which I did not state.However, your response would indicate that you are not fully aware of its benefits. It seems you think it only offers benefits for certain hardware?The wind, Temp and Pressure smoothing are worth the price alone IMHO.As for hardware, I only have the Saitek yoke, TQ and TPM along with CH rudder pedals. Even that basic setup benefits no end from the superior controller handling and calibration functions of FSUIPC (the variable resposne slopes are wonderful). The fact that you can then save all of the controller and calibration functions as aircraft specific settings which load automatically with the user selected aircraft is just the icing on the cake.There are also many other small fixes (battery, autosave etc) too numrous to go into here.If this offers nothing to you then fine, but to belittle what this program has provided for over a decade of Flight Simming is just plain ignorance.

Guest jahman
How about automatically changing hardware assignments according to the aircraft you load?Cheers,- jahman.

How about automatically changing hardware assignments according to the aircraft you load?Cheers,- jahman.
I can see FSUIPC is great for some... but not for everyone. Simple as that. I still see no use for it for myself. I didn't mean to belittle FSUIPC (as Glenn 'implied': I didn't like his 'tone' either btw rolleyes.giftongue.png ) but some people seem to forget that not everyone is using FSX at the same level as they do... I couldn't care less about smoothing of anything and I only have one simple joystick and I only fly ONE plane (although I do have many, I only have the Katana 4x installed) so... FSUIPC is not for me. Sorry if my post offended someone: that wasn't my intention. Now I will leave this topic because this is becoming terribly OT. happy.png

Guest jahman
Umm. running 4.479d and just got a g3d.dll error. UT alaska landing OOk.
Latest version is 4.479e. Either way, the G3D patch is a very specific patch that does not cover OOMs.OOMs can usually be resolved by reducing LOD radius and/or cloud textures.Chhers,- jahman.

Umm. running 4.479d and just got a g3d.dll error.
Evidently not the one which is trapped. There could be millions of other places for crashes. As you provide no information (minimum needed: module, version number, offset, error code) I can't even look at it for you.Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Bless you, Pete. I've enjoyed FSUIPC for many years, and it just keeps getting better. You're a rock star, sir. im%20Not%20Worthy.gif
+1from fs9 days till now with the current version FSUIP4. Always had a registered copy even though I use very little of functions.But for this effort I am going to buy another one, even if i will not have a use for it. Just a little appreciation for your effort you put into this enhancing the hobby.Also huge thank you to all others involved for your time and efforts for continuous testing and retesting. Well done mates..!im%20Not%20Worthy.gifim%20Not%20Worthy.gifim%20Not%20Worthy.gif

I have a licensed copy of FSUIPC and have used it for years. Downloaded the most recent version 4.70 b and installed it, but when ever I try and load a plane that users Reality XP Garmin 530 GPS I get an error that said it can't find the file "cdp_annun_box_sim.dll" this file is used in the Garmin trainer which feeds RXP GPS and without it the GPS won't turn on. When I remove version 4.70 b and reinstall the earlier version 4.60 that I have been using for awhile everything is back to working fine. Just thought I would pass this along to see if anyone else was having a similar problem.Thanks Pete for a great product!CheersMartin

I have a licensed copy of FSUIPC and have used it for years. Downloaded the most recent version 4.70 b and installed it
The current installer installs 4.745, and 4.749e is available on my Support Forum. Version 4.60 is not supported. I've never heard of "cdp_annun_box_sim.dll", but I can't help unless you test with the current version first, and then report any problems on my Support Forum.Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

The current installer installs 4.745, and 4.749e is available on my Support Forum. Version 4.60 is not supported. I've never heard of "cdp_annun_box_sim.dll", but I can't help unless you test with the current version first, and then report any problems on my Support Forum.Pete
Thanks, I'll download the lastest version and give it a try then post results on your support forum.CheersMartin

Guest firehawk44

Just a reminder: We need to keep this thread on the g3d.dll ctd and stay away from other topics that have nothing to do with this subject. Just saying....Best regards,Jim