Sign in to follow this  
cj3737

Prepar3d 2.0

Very nice vids. :good:

Thank you.

Could you still tell me why you bother so much about this subject in P3D forum? Are you sure you don't have something to say about EULAs too?

Sure I could and I will, IMHO Avsim is for all members no matter what sim. you use, I write also in the FSX, Flight and the hardware forum just to name a few, I like to read about all sims.or the newest hardware available and about different experiences others may have or get with their new sims or hardwares , I'm sure you'r not telling me that I should have a GTX 680, a i7-3960X or P3D to be able to have an opinion on it or to have a discussuin with fellow Avsim's members about it right?

So, when I read a post like the one Claudio made I'm a little...let say... confuse and that is why I wrote and backed up what I wrote with two vid.

As far as the EULA goes, if you have an opinion on it (favorable to P3D or not) you are automaticly tagged as a harmchair lawyer just because you mentioned something you've read in it...why?...I found that to be deplorable, I remember having many discussions in the hardware's forum about new or upcoming hardwares without been tagged as a PC engineer "wanna" be....

Its my opinion. A person is certainly entitled to one or two opinions on a subject but when they become excessive. Is it not simply disdain for that subject?

Sure I could and I will, IMHO Avsim is for all members no matter what sim. you use, I write also in the FSX, Flight and the hardware forum just to name a few, I like to read about all sims.or the newest hardware available and about different experiences others may have or get with their new sims or hardwares , I'm sure you'r not telling me that I should have a GTX 680, a i7-3960X or P3D to be able to have an opinion on it or to have a discussuin with fellow Avsim's members about it right?

Of course not. I'm just interested why this FSX DX10 stuff is so interesting to you to present for us here. You've made your stand about P3D pretty clear before though. If you are not interested in P3D I just can't see much of a reason arguing here on P3D forums. For example, I'm not that intersted in X-plane, I sure go visit the forums now and then but I still don't flood anything about the greatness of FSX in there just because "Avsim is for all members no matter what sim". Keeps discussion on the rails, you know.

So, when I read a post like the one Claudio made I'm a little...let say... confuse and that is why I wrote and backed up what I wrote with two vid.

I still fail to see why you are so interested what someones opinion, right or wrong, is on P3D forum, a sim that you, as I understand don't use. As an example, I don't bother to care what X-planers think of FSX or P3D.

As far as the EULA goes, if you have an opinion on it (favorable to P3D or not) you are automaticly tagged as a harmchair lawyer just because you mentioned something you've read in it...why?...I found that to be deplorable, I remember having many discussions in the hardware's forum about new or upcoming hardwares without been tagged as a PC engineer "wanna" be....

Like those two are the same thing in your example, but you are of course entitled to make such comparison. I have no need to continue with this subject.

@ TheGrunt and Rendi, I respect your opinions.

Be safe flying.

You too, no hard feelings here :smile:

I use Prepar3d but I can see why you like using your FSX with DX10. The vids are great. The Miami scenery looks fantastic and it's all very smooth. Shadowing is very pretty. I hope this is a glimpse of what we might get with P3D 2.0...

I compared only DX9 FSX and Prepar3d, don't know much about DX10 fixes.

I agree at 15 FPS any flight simulator is not what we all would want.

For "enough good" I mean only that one can still land a plane in decent way, meanwhile in FSX under 20 FPS landing become very difficult.

Obviously, Prepar3D can do much better than 15FPS, according to hardware and settings used.

To all of you, why be upset?

Smiles and safe landings.

@ TheGrunt and Rendi, I respect your opinions.

Be safe flying.

You too, no hard feelings here :smile:

Come on guys, don't stop there I've just got out the popcorn :lol:

Can Prepar3d use DX10?. that might make me abandon FSX for it.

Regards,

Ian.

No. There is probably a good reason L.M. left the DX10 PREVIEW part out on its version?

I'll make the move to P3D and just keep FSX going too. As developers port their products, I will have them for both sims. Eventually, if PMDG holds out, FSX will just be a PMDG sim environment and I will use P3D for Carenado, Captain Sim and others willing to port.

It should be a real good setup since a lot of payware addons are working for both sims now.

I do hope that PMDG will realize that their products are the best training tools available to learn the art of flying commercial aircrafts within the flight simulation environment and would be in P3D also, which is more specifically focused on developing a modern environment for our education, as amateur flight simmers.

I'll make the move to P3D and just keep FSX going too. As developers port their products, I will have them for both sims. Eventually, if PMDG holds out, FSX will just be a PMDG sim environment and I will use P3D for Carenado, Captain Sim and others willing to port.

It should be a real good setup since a lot of payware addons are working for both sims now.

One step ahead of ya :)

Rendi, I hear you buddy. I think that is the way to go.

I just had a new computer built with two large harddrives. One for FSX and one for P3D. I will also have DCS and X-Plane on there too.

I know that within three years, P3D will going strong and many developers will be targeting products specifically for it. I appreciate Lockheed Martin for giving us this highly educational playground.

When I built my new rig for FSX I kept my old one networked. I have now put P3D on it and I'm in great shape. Depending on which aircraft I ant to fly, I can choose FSX or P3D and just enjoy flying. I am SO looking forward to V2 just to see what hey can come up with..

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors