Sign in to follow this  
FIVE-BY-FIVE

Released Today Boeing 777 Worldliner 64bit version

However, I am intrigued about X-Plane 10.

If you enjoy flight simulation, you really owe it to yourself to try it out. It's not going to be the all encompassing experience you get from FSX ... it's best to set those comparisons aside and just go enjoy what it does offer ... it offers plenty. There really is no "requirement" to exclude one or the other ... use'em all FSX, P3D, XP10 (and others).

Austin has a very STRONG personality and that cuts both ways.

Nothing wrong with a strong personality, but when it's introduced into the decision process real facts are ignore, correct decisions are not being made, emotion, bullying, fact validation by coercion, etc. etc. In the industry of software development, these things just get in the way and they don't aid the process.

Getting 3rd party developer support isn't going to happen when you tell the 3rd party to "toss everything you've done on FSX and do it this way for XP10" ... there has to be (needs to be) an intermediary step of migration, sure it will not be fully optimized and look the best in XP10, but it paves the way for more long term 3rd party releases that are optimized for XP10. This IS what Austin needs to compromise on even if it doesn't show off XP10 in it's best light. Austin seems to understand why FSX community is so strong, now he needs to accept that and provide a "real" plan for 3rd party migration. I use the term "migration" in a sense of "addition" too ... meaning existing 3rd party dev's don't have to risk dropping FSX resources.

Haven't really had the time to sit down and do a proper flight lately, but today I took some time to complete a flight with the 777/64bit. Just a shortish hop of about 400-500NM from Frankfurt to Marseille using the cargo version and the UPS livery. Darn it looks good! And it flies well. Did a flight in the PMDG737/NGX yesterday and I gotta say I really prefer the 777. I even prefer the scenery of XPX (although besides REX, I have no other 3pd software for FSX installed at the moment).

I have one issue though. I think the auto land touches down way too hard. Am I alone seeing this? That said, those of you that haven't got the 777 yet, and like tube liners.. what on earth are you waiting for?

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Haven't really had the time to sit down and do a proper flight lately, but today I took some time to complete a flight with the 777/64bit. Just a shortish hop of about 400-500NM from Frankfurt to Marseille using the cargo version and the UPS livery. Darn it looks good! And it flies well. Did a flight in the PMDG737/NGX yesterday and I gotta say I really prefer the 777. I even prefer the scenery of XPX (although besides REX, I have no other 3pd software for FSX installed at the moment).

I have one issue though. I think the auto land touches down way too hard. Am I alone seeing this? That said, those of you that haven't got the 777 yet, and like tube liners.. what on earth are you waiting for?

:Party: :clapping: agreed, the 777 is awesome! I did a small flight also and let it autoland while I sat in a window seat and the landing was beautiful watching the wingview. Wings were flexing, flaps were flapping, passengers were clapping :lol:

set the speed around 145-155 on approach but above 160 you see some awesome wing flexing when the plane touches the runway.

:Party: :clapping: agreed, the 777 is awesome! I did a small flight also and let it autoland while I sat in a window seat and the landing was beautiful watching the wingview. Wings were flexing, flaps were flapping, passengers were clapping :lol:

set the speed around 145-155 on approach but above 160 you see some awesome wing flexing when the plane touches the runway.

I had the speed at 145kts flaps 25. Touched down hard on the rear landing gears and then had to force the nose down as the aircraft wanted to keep almost a perfect wheelie down the runway... :lol:

Skickat från min GT-I9300 via Tapatalk 2

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

I only own Javier's CRJ-200. I'm a very loyal PMDG customer, but would not mind trying this 777 out to make my XP10 more interesting. It looks good, but I suggested to them that they make the cockpit match the exterior -LR model. The -LR and -300ER have only one standby gauge.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

So I decided to give the 777 (downloaded it an hour ago or so) a go with XP10 64 (latest update) ... sadly I got this error immediately after activiation:

0d9da3b7db7e9f5aeeac2ccd5dc20062.png

Any suggestions? The aircraft still loads but frame rates take a massive hit and warning lights are flickering on top of other warning lights and I know have what appears to be a black shadow outlining the roads ... actually "chasing" the roads, very bizarre.

There were no installation instructions or installer, so I assume it's just copy the Aircraft directories in to ...Aircraft\Heavy Metal\777 Worldliner Professional

Not a great start to my first payware XP10 aircraft ... hopefully you folks have a solution?

Rob

So I decided to give the 777 (downloaded it an hour ago or so) a go with XP10 64 (latest update) ... sadly I got this error immediately after activiation:

0d9da3b7db7e9f5aeeac2ccd5dc20062.png

Any suggestions? The aircraft still loads but frame rates take a massive hit and warning lights are flickering on top of other warning lights and I know have what appears to be a black shadow outlining the roads ... actually "chasing" the roads, very bizarre.

There were no installation instructions or installer, so I assume it's just copy the Aircraft directories in to ...Aircraft\Heavy Metal\777 Worldliner Professional

Not a great start to my first payware XP10 aircraft ... hopefully you folks have a solution?

Rob

u need JAVA installed in Windows http://www.java.com/...nload/index.jsp the 777 needs this free software.

u need JAVA installed in Windows http://www.java.com/...nload/index.jsp the 777 needs this free software.

Hmmm ... that's gonna be a problem for the PC I have this installed on ... I removed Java because of a huge security vulnerability that as I understand it still hasn't been corrected. It was such a huge risk it even prompted action from Homeland Security. Is there any alternative? Because if this is my only option, then this Aircraft is a NO GO for me.

Hmmm ... that's gonna be a problem for the PC I have this installed on ... I removed Java because of a huge security vulnerability that as I understand it still hasn't been corrected. It was such a huge risk it even prompted action from Homeland Security. Is there any alternative? Because if this is my only option, then this Aircraft is a NO GO for me.

oh oh it's a no go :lol: contact the devs, they respond quickly. http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showuser=62412

The vulnerability affects Java within the browsers, not Java as a whole. No need to live without Java, just desactivate the plugin inside your browser.

The vulnerability affects Java within the browsers, not Java as a whole. No need to live without Java, just desactivate the plugin inside your browser.

Pascal is right, after you install java, say "NO" when it asks you to enable it in Explorer.

Actually, I'd love to live without Java ;) -- (from a programmer's perspective)

But why the requirement for Java runtime for an add-on aircraft for XP10? That doesn't make much sense to me.

Java 7 runs as a "windows service", but yes the Browser Add-In can be disabled but I've still have Java 7 running as a service ... which I don't want, nor should I need. And this requirement isn't listed anywhere (PRE-PURCHASE)?

Java 7 doesn't appear to be a requirement to run XP10, so why would it be required for a 3rd party aircraft?

Actually, I'd love to live without Java ;) -- (from a programmer's perspective)

But why the requirement for Java runtime for an add-on aircraft for XP10? That doesn't make much sense to me.

Java 7 runs as a "windows service", but yes the Browser Add-In can be disabled but I've still have Java 7 running as a service ... which I don't want, nor should I need. And this requirement isn't listed anywhere (PRE-PURCHASE)?

Java 7 doesn't appear to be a requirement to run XP10, so why would it be required for a 3rd party aircraft?

the java install is needed to create charts for the EFB on the 777

the java install is needed to create charts for the EFB on the 777

Yes I understand that from my thread in their support forum.

1. There is no installer (just unzip and copy and paste)

2. Without an installer there is no way to check for prerequisites such as Java 7

3. After installing the Aircraft it turned my once fluid XP10 into a slide show (hoping that's related to the Java issue)

Honestly, for the benefit of those that produced the 777, this needs to be handle better for a "mass market". If Java 7 is required for any 3rd party product for XP10, my choice will be to NOT use the product -- and I'm entitled to that choice. I'd also recommend that any "requirements" be clearly stated on the purchase pages. I don't think this is unreasonable when someone is asking for $60. If this were "Freeware" then that's a different story, but it's not.

Coming from an FSX community, I can tolerate a lot of software not working right, but the current deployment of the 777 appears to be a Alpha product, being installed on top of a Beta product.

Anyway, moving forward and hoping this 777 is NOT representative of the future for XP10 3rd party.

Rob

3. After installing the Aircraft it turned my once fluid XP10 into a slide show (hoping that's related to the Java issue)

I hope that it is indeed a Java 7 issue. I am now seriously consider getting X-plane 10 and this T777, and I will not folk out 120+ dough for a half baked product.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020