Sign in to follow this  
FIVE-BY-FIVE

Released Today Boeing 777 Worldliner 64bit version

There is a list of liveries that ships with the plane, I fly for DeltaVA and so I selected DELTA livery. All I can say is once your fly XPlane 10 in 64-bits at night, and once you add in the Ramzzess B777, you will feel like FSX on Steroids. You do need a decent system and video card to maximize your experience with XP.

In my case, it was a no brainer, and much as I love the NGX, I am on the cusp of erasing FSX, i -never- fly it anymore period. I refuse.

Check out my video page (link in my signature bar), you can see a quickie video of the B777 shot at night flying from San Diego to LA. The cars on the freeway... the overpasses, the red tailights as the cars move away, the white lights as they come toward you... the trains running...

One word. WOW.

And X-Plane isn't 'done'. it's constantly evolving. Unlike FSX which is stuck in 32-bits forever. Nothing against FSX - she was my first love. But X-Plane is the hottie!

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

There a couple of little tricks about the B777- principal is the main menu which is a flyout in the upper right corner of your PC screen with MENU written on it. Click it, the main 777 menu opens.

If you can NOT see the blue diagram of a top-down view of the plane, click the BLUE BUTTON along the top of the 777 menu bar. Then the HELP screen will disappear and you'll see the aircraft DOORS.

To load fuel, you can NOT use the X-Plane built in fuel loader. You MUST enter fuel values (IN KG not in LBS) into the main menu. You cannot load fuel until you open the second set of doors (counting from the nose backwards) Both left and right doors must be open.

To do this, you FIRST click the checkbox "Manual Doors" (if you don't the emergency slides will deploy when you open the doors).

Then you open the two doors (left and right) the SECOND row of doors from the nose.

Click the Load fuel and wait... it will take a while...

Then you can follow the rest of the start up procedures...

Watch the video that ships with the plane. Really helpful and step-by-step!

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

To load fuel, you can NOT use the X-Plane built in fuel loader. You MUST enter fuel values (IN KG not in LBS) into the main menu. You cannot load fuel until you open the second set of doors (counting from the nose backwards) Both left and right doors must be open.

To do this, you FIRST click the checkbox "Manual Doors" (if you don't the emergency slides will deploy when you open the doors).

Then you open the two doors (left and right) the SECOND row of doors from the nose.

Click the Load fuel and wait... it will take a while...

Hi Robert,

Is this real world procedure? Why would you need to open these doors for fuel loading?

Thanks

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Hi Vu,

No, it's not RW - it's a design feature of this airplane in X-Plane. Besides loading FUEL, the open doors allow for the PASSENGERS and LUGGAGE to be loaded and the passenger bus to show up at the airplane, along with the ground power carts and the fuel truck. All of those animations occur when you change the two doors to MANUAL and THEN open them. Then you can click the LOAD FUEL button and all of that happens.

Robert

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

By demand- DAYTIME footage of the Ramzzess Boeing B777 Worldliner. Extremely raw footage - not edited as I normally would. I shot this film tonight and threw it up on YouTube to satiate those who were clamoring to see this beauty in daylight.

YouTube is busily compressing the video - once that completes the film will play. Tip: Select 720p or higher resolution to give you a good feeling of the quality of the plane. Film is in 1080p 24fps.

Live ATC is me (Delta 97 Heavy) on PilotEdge.net

Cabin announcements I re-did and posted them.

Robert.

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Night video Robert posted looks amazing. Is it difficult to transition to xplane?

Fsuipc alternative?

Fsinn alternative?

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

By demand- DAYTIME footage of the Ramzzess Boeing B777 Worldliner. Extremely raw footage - not edited as I normally would. I shot this film tonight and threw it up on YouTube to satiate those who were clamoring to see this beauty in daylight.

Very cool. How did you get the various views setup without EZDok? Can't wait for my XP10 to arrive.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Night video Robert posted looks amazing. Is it difficult to transition to xplane?

Fsuipc alternative?

Fsinn alternative?

I didn't find it overly hard to move to X-Plane. It's different, but it has some key advantages:

1. 64-bits! No more memory crashes. if you have higher-end hardware, your flight experience will shine. No more stuttering as you approach the runway threshold! That alone is worth it to me.

2. Amazing vehicles and roads, trains.. etc. Watch the daytime video in this thread. You can see the vehicles moving behind the runway blast shield fence... something I never experienced in FSX. The night lights and the vehicles driving in front of you as you fly in on final.... it's all nearly surreal in X-Plane. FSX? Ugh. Not good. Plus, the frames hit on night lighting and cars in FSX is so bad, most of us have those settings minimum or off... which ruins it. Also at night, FSX has "fake" cars painted on the streets that don't move and other moving cars driving over them... bluntly: NOT MY FAVORITE LOOK.

64-bit ATC isn't available for free (yet) via FSInn or Squawkbox (there is no FSInn for XPlane, X-Squawkbox is available, but limited to 32-bits only, which means you then are flying XPlane in 32-bits just to use VATSIM. I went the other way, signed up for PilotEdge (can run FSX or XPlane) free for 14 days (no credit card required) then as low as $5 a month plus usage or $14.95 a month (annual commitment) which is fifty cents a day.

PilotEdge is on 7 days a week (shortened hours on Christmas and New Years) 365 days a year, 8am to 11pm Pacific Time. Listen to the professionalism on my video this thread (day flight). Note: The ATC in my day video is not synched to my movie... it was recorded the night before... thus you hear me saying "good evening" instead of "good morning" and you hear the controller switching me to different frequencies several times when I'm still on the ground.

I did this video because Vu Pham and a few others were clamoring for a 'daytime' view of the B777... so it's down-and-dirty and not what I typically build for my YouTube channel.

There is a FSUIPC alternative XFSUIPC -it might be 32-bits as well, not sure.

If you are going to fly 64-bit and I --strongly-- recommend you do so... you can NOT use 32-bit software in any part of your X-Plane setup. That means PLUG-INS (the x-plane word for "add-ons") must be 64-bit compatible or no joy.

64-bits allows your system to address all of the memory in your PC - without limit - so if you have 32GB ram, your XPlane flight can use all of it.

X plane will use your higher-end video cards to the max (FSX doesn't)

If you go nuts and put 2 CPUS on a server motherboard, XPlane can address all 8 Cores or all 12-cores (if you had dual 6-core CPUS). FSX can NEVER do that.

FSX died 6 years ago when Microsoft killed ACES. X-Plane 64 for the techie crowd is the future of flight sim. Lockheed Marrieta has been mum about any thought of 64 bits for prepar3d and I'd be STUNNED if they built that because it would be a monster job.

X-Plane airports by default lack buildings.. they only ship with the runways and taxiways. You obtain the buildings for airports as add-ons (many are FREE) I purchased KLAX/KGLA and KJFK. I downloaded a california airport package free.

X-Plane.org is a good site for more info on X-Plane.

Very cool. How did you get the various views setup without EZDok? Can't wait for my XP10 to arrive.

I purchased the Logitech G13 gamepad controller and assigned various buttons to the camera views from X-Plane. Works great. In addition, I also purchased the Saitek Pro Radio Panel and use the XSaitekPanels plug-in (64-bit) to have the hardware radio panel swap radio channels on the B777. To make this work you need:

1. The Saitek Pro Radio Panel device

2. The plug in (free) XSaitekPanels (get the 64-bit version if applicable)

3. You must put a tickmark in the "RADIO PLUG" checkbox on the B777 main menu (see my daytime video, this thread)

Remember: You must be at an airport that is within the PilotEdge service area, and an airport that has full tower control (examples: KBUR, KSAN, KLAX, KLAS). You then use the frequencies posted on the CHART for that airport (see navigraph.com or airnav.com for charts and airport diagrams).

You can build your own Electronic Flight Bag maps to show up on the B777. The default airport charts are for Europe and possibly China. It's easy enough to use the free mapbuilder conversion tools included with the B777 airplane when you buy it.

You can display your FMC on a touch tablet or iPad using a web browser- so you can avoid mouse clicks and get a more tactile experience. Easily set up. These remarks are specific to the Ramzzess B777 - default XPlane jets do not offer many of the features discussed in this thread. Even some of the other payware jets lack the FMC that FSX PMDG NGX pilots are used to.

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Hey thanks, will try out the demo tonight.

Is joystick support much better then FSX...do I even need xfsuipc?

I think xsquawkbox 64bit may be in development.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

When you first start flying in XPlane, the planes may feel a bit 'off' - you need to adjust the reaction time in the XPlane setup screens... you can make them smoother by adjusting the linearity of the control services. More linear is more responsive, less linear is slower to over-react...

I wish you were right about xSquawkbox, but their webpage says otherwise- the dev's are simply 'too busy' and seemingly dropped the project... look into PilotEdge.net

You'll be pretty amazed...

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Robert,

there WILL be 64bit plugin for Vatsim ready soon, either xSqawkbox or other.

There are many of them, actually almost all of them are already 64bit:

B777, B727, B787, B737, A320, A380, CRJ200, Jetstream J32, ATR72, Dash 8, ......

I didn't find it overly hard to move to X-Plane. It's different, but it has some key advantages:

1. 64-bits! No more memory crashes. if you have higher-end hardware, your flight experience will shine. No more stuttering as you approach the runway threshold! That alone is worth it to me.

2. Amazing vehicles and roads, trains.. etc. Watch the daytime video in this thread. You can see the vehicles moving behind the runway blast shield fence... something I never experienced in FSX. The night lights and the vehicles driving in front of you as you fly in on final.... it's all nearly surreal in X-Plane. FSX? Ugh. Not good. Plus, the frames hit on night lighting and cars in FSX is so bad, most of us have those settings minimum or off... which ruins it. Also at night, FSX has "fake" cars painted on the streets that don't move and other moving cars driving over them... bluntly: NOT MY FAVORITE LOOK.

64-bit ATC isn't available for free (yet) via FSInn or Squawkbox (there is no FSInn for XPlane, X-Squawkbox is available, but limited to 32-bits only, which means you then are flying XPlane in 32-bits just to use VATSIM. I went the other way, signed up for PilotEdge (can run FSX or XPlane) free for 14 days (no credit card required) then as low as $5 a month plus usage or $14.95 a month (annual commitment) which is fifty cents a day.

PilotEdge is on 7 days a week (shortened hours on Christmas and New Years) 365 days a year, 8am to 11pm Pacific Time. Listen to the professionalism on my video this thread (day flight). Note: The ATC in my day video is not synched to my movie... it was recorded the night before... thus you hear me saying "good evening" instead of "good morning" and you hear the controller switching me to different frequencies several times when I'm still on the ground.

I did this video because Vu Pham and a few others were clamoring for a 'daytime' view of the B777... so it's down-and-dirty and not what I typically build for my YouTube channel.

There is a FSUIPC alternative XFSUIPC -it might be 32-bits as well, not sure.

If you are going to fly 64-bit and I --strongly-- recommend you do so... you can NOT use 32-bit software in any part of your X-Plane setup. That means PLUG-INS (the x-plane word for "add-ons") must be 64-bit compatible or no joy.

64-bits allows your system to address all of the memory in your PC - without limit - so if you have 32GB ram, your XPlane flight can use all of it.

X plane will use your higher-end video cards to the max (FSX doesn't)

If you go nuts and put 2 CPUS on a server motherboard, XPlane can address all 8 Cores or all 12-cores (if you had dual 6-core CPUS). FSX can NEVER do that.

FSX died 6 years ago when Microsoft killed ACES. X-Plane 64 for the techie crowd is the future of flight sim. Lockheed Marrieta has been mum about any thought of 64 bits for prepar3d and I'd be STUNNED if they built that because it would be a monster job.

X-Plane airports by default lack buildings.. they only ship with the runways and taxiways. You obtain the buildings for airports as add-ons (many are FREE) I purchased KLAX/KGLA and KJFK. I downloaded a california airport package free.

X-Plane.org is a good site for more info on X-Plane.

I purchased the Logitech G13 gamepad controller and assigned various buttons to the camera views from X-Plane. Works great. In addition, I also purchased the Saitek Pro Radio Panel and use the XSaitekPanels plug-in (64-bit) to have the hardware radio panel swap radio channels on the B777. To make this work you need:

1. The Saitek Pro Radio Panel device

2. The plug in (free) XSaitekPanels (get the 64-bit version if applicable)

3. You must put a tickmark in the "RADIO PLUG" checkbox on the B777 main menu (see my daytime video, this thread)

Remember: You must be at an airport that is within the PilotEdge service area, and an airport that has full tower control (examples: KBUR, KSAN, KLAX, KLAS). You then use the frequencies posted on the CHART for that airport (see navigraph.com or airnav.com for charts and airport diagrams).

You can build your own Electronic Flight Bag maps to show up on the B777. The default airport charts are for Europe and possibly China. It's easy enough to use the free mapbuilder conversion tools included with the B777 airplane when you buy it.

You can display your FMC on a touch tablet or iPad using a web browser- so you can avoid mouse clicks and get a more tactile experience. Easily set up. These remarks are specific to the Ramzzess B777 - default XPlane jets do not offer many of the features discussed in this thread. Even some of the other payware jets lack the FMC that FSX PMDG NGX pilots are used to.

Have you seen this?

but you can for sure begin or end a flight with them and KNOW that their controllers won't be running away for dinner breaks, dentist visits or to answer the front door. That's something that beats the pants off VATSIM.

Although im buying into PE I dont think its a fair comparison to Vatsim, at $180/Year for subscription and then $180 a year for life they wouldn't last 2 mins if there controllers went awol

ZORAN

There is a list of liveries that ships with the plane, I fly for DeltaVA and so I selected DELTA livery. All I can say is once your fly XPlane 10 in 64-bits at night, and once you add in the Ramzzess B777, you will feel like FSX on Steroids. You do need a decent system and video card to maximize your experience with XP.

In my case, it was a no brainer, and much as I love the NGX, I am on the cusp of erasing FSX, i -never- fly it anymore period. I refuse.

Check out my video page (link in my signature bar), you can see a quickie video of the B777 shot at night flying from San Diego to LA. The cars on the freeway... the overpasses, the red tailights as the cars move away, the white lights as they come toward you... the trains running...

One word. WOW.

And X-Plane isn't 'done'. it's constantly evolving. Unlike FSX which is stuck in 32-bits forever. Nothing against FSX - she was my first love. But X-Plane is the hottie!

Robert, could you tell me if there is an easier way to switch the fuel cut-off switches in the cockpit of the 777 Worldliner?

I try to grab them with the mouse, but have to pull all the way to the back of the cockpit to get them to switch, the sometimes they will spring back. It is very annoying.

I am lovin' this Worldliner by Ramzeess and was able to get rid of that tire squeeling sound using the method you said, but these fuel cut-off switches really are frustrating. They should just flip like the runway lights.