Sign in to follow this  
snapitbik

Installing ORBX Product

Hi Just  try to install  FTX global base and get stuck on unwrapping installer, been waited for 30 min already still  stuck  with bar remaining to around 80% approx any idea to  overcome this issue . its Prepar3d 2.5 without hotfix.    i have got around 1tb hd space left and regarding antiviirus i have only malware bytes enabled. 

Thank you 

For starts I'd cancel the install, restart the computer and give it another try and if that fails, it might well be there's a flaw in the download and you could try if a new download will work.

Cheers!

Maarten

You'll get better support at ORBX forums.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

It's a large download, but I would probably down load it again, sounds like you might have a corrupt file....

Yep 99% sure it's corrupt.

just installed it myself into 2.5 and had no problems.i would use a download manager.

speeds up download and you can resume if it stops.

steve

Hi Just  try to install  FTX global base and get stuck on unwrapping installer, been waited for 30 min already still  stuck  with bar remaining to around 80% approx any idea to  overcome this issue . its Prepar3d 2.5 without hotfix.    i have got around 1tb hd space left and regarding antiviirus i have only malware bytes enabled. 

Thank you 

I had the same problem, let it run. Global for me took 1.5 hours to unwrap and Vector too about 1.8-2. It sucks but you've got to let it just run. If you'd like I can show you the temp folders to look at to make sure it actually is still running instead of just frozen.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

Yep 99% sure it's corrupt.

just installed it myself into 2.5 and had no problems.i would use a download manager.

speeds up download and you can resume if it stops.

steve

Dear Steve from which server did u download the file;   Europe Global UK  or any other ,

Flightimstores UK server.I also use IDM a download manager.it's payware but very good with autoresume.normally with my 100mb cable i can download Global if i have to in about 10 mins

steve

I just installed FTX Global, FTX Vector, FTX openLC Europe and FTX Stockholm-Arlanda and all products took ridiculously long to un-wrap and I haven't seen this before when installing earlier versions of these products so something must have changed making it take this long.

I have the same computer and I have a fast one so certainly the culprit isn't my PC.

Richard Åsberg

Use a download manager as recommended by ORBX eg flashget. I get corrupt files occasionally but never with a manager

ZORAN

Since the un-wrapping process completes successfully I don't see how it could be a corrupt download?

Richard Åsberg

nothing  unusual Richard   suppose  depends  on a few  things  on how  big  the  file  was  etc,  main thing  did  it  install correctly  is  the main  thing  to worry  about  not  the length of time  to  un wrap

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg