Sign in to follow this  
Howiefly13

Recommend a Helicopter

Can someone please recommend a good helicopter for use in P3D V2.5?

Thanks a lot,

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Thanks a lot!

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

You might want to pop over to Hovercontrol.com.

They are the be-all and end-all of flight sim helicopters. They have choppers, many tested by real-world helicopter pilots. They can set up flight instruction in multiplayer, for "real as it gets" flying of a sim bird, again, with real-world Flight Instructors. Anything Helicopter related, it's THE place to go.

Additionally, I would look at their forums for the famous HTRv1.5. or whatever it's up to now. Helicopter Total Realism is a small, add-on software, that takes what the game thinks a helicopter should be doing, corrects all the physics parameters for the chopper, and feeds the info back into the game. It's amazing. FS sims in general seem to be totally rotten at making choppers fly "real" and HTR corrects that. It was developed for the sims by a wonderfully intelligent man, with a great deal experience with real-world physics and engineering experiece. It was tested and had a ton of input from numerous real-world helicopter pilots, so it's pretty accurate.

Anyway, give them a look, if you want to really "fly" a helicopter in the  sim world! Well worth the time and effort.

Pat☺

• Upvote 1

Thanks a lot Pat.

Howard

If you are into realism check out the Dodosim 206. Don`t think i am far off if i say that they have the best physics available.  

http://www.dodosim.com/fsx206.html

+1 nothing else comes close. The ultimate realistic heli addon for P3D.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

+1 nothing else comes close. The ultimate realistic heli addon for P3D.

I have dodosim for FSX, have not got around to installing into P3D as yet. Can someone confirm that it works in P3D ? Without a doubt, the most realistic rotary flight model.

Can someone confirm that it works in P3D ?

Yes I installed using the Estonian migration tool and all running nicely.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

I've only flown Bell 206Bs in real life. I recommend the Dodosim 206 as well!

Keith Guillory

What is the next best helicopter compared to the Dodo? Like the topic starter, I'm also looking for a new heli, but I already have the Dodo, which is my only helicopter outside of DCS. Is there anything that can at least can be made as good as the Dodo with the HTR program?

So the Dodo does not need the HTR program?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Yes I installed using the Estonian migration tool and all running nicely.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

luv the dodo, hope the dev's come good with the HD version.

Gboz, no, Dodo doesn't need HTR. @RotorWash, have you tried some of the free VC upgrades to it? They get rid of the fuzzy label inscriptions and are a must. I think I downloaded mine from Hovercontrol.