Sign in to follow this  
kevinfirth

Earth Simulations scenery in P3D v3

I moved a sizeable chunk of my scenery packages outside the LM core sim folders last night (those that do not install textures, sounds etc. elsewhere), so I have done some of the required work to achieve compliance with Regulation 1.32.5 of the Flight Simulation Addon Install Code :wink: I just need to find a new home for the Earth Simulations effects/sounds/textures that were originally installed in the core sim folders..

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Chris,
you can also create Symbolic links to the existing texture folder where the textures live now

I would need "step by step" instructions for stuff like that, Chris.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi, I think it would be very nice to have a guide for ES simulations install into P3D V3 or 2.5 with Vikki and Darren blessings.

I absolutely love there work. I have all but Guernsey.

Hope they are both doing well and walking lots with there dogs on the lovely Island where they live.

Interesting thread, just seen this now.  I'm waiting on my boxed copy of Isl Of Man, so will be following this closely 

Very interested in this topic as an owner of ES scenery... a great idea Kevin to suggest this, hope it hasn't gone the same was as ES :\

Darren Morris

No, I'm slowly reintroducing my ES sceneries into P3Dv3.1 but I'm moving job and house in a few weeks and have v little time to progress things. It would be very useful if people could PM me with any info about how they have successfully installed any ES scenery, or with details of any problems they have so thet we can try to address them..

Thanks K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Interesting thread, just seen this now.  I'm waiting on my boxed copy of Isl Of Man, so will be following this closely

How did the IOM work out for you Elaine? :) K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I have IOM and Gurnsey in P3D v3.1 and it works perfectly.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

I had a quick flight around Andreas airfield (Isle of Man) last night in my A2A Simulations Piper Cherokee 180. I never fail to be impressed by the detail and beauty of this scenery package :cool:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I've got Scilly Isles, Isle of Man, Guernsey, Alderney and Shawbury Fields all working nicely in P3D v3.1 now - thanks to folks for helping with the black autogen buildings.

Only problem I seem to have now is the 3d lighting which I can't get to work at all! I'm using Night Environment British Isles and so have disabled the ES lighting for now and just use NE but it would be good if I could get the custom lights to work.

Has anyone been able to make it work in P3D?

Stuart Furley

This thread makes me sad. ES made the best sceneries for FS by far, but I didn't support them after buying Scilly Isles and having to deal with their bloatware installer. They did a huge disservice to their customers. I understand their need to protect teir work, but in the end they couldn't sustain a healthy business anyway. Maybe if they'd made it all easy piecy theyd sell in larger volumes, at least I doubt they would have sold any less.

There were talks of ORBX wanting to aquire the sceneries or repackage and publish them. If this process is going anywhere I doubt we will have ES belssings to install their FSX sceneries into P3D. I'd buy every ES scenery in a heartbeat if ORBX where to republish them and add their multi-installer to them.

To those who have the time and skill to move everything into P3D - Have a nice flight. I'm deeply envious!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

How did the IOM work out for you Elaine? :) K

Hello Kevin, to be honest i haven't installed it yet, i got stuck into different things,  but this is next on my list.  I just have to figure out how and into what folder i will be installing.  

The saddest part of the ES deparature (other than Darren and Vicky vanishing into the mist; if you are reading this, I would love to hear from you) is that we never got to see an ES Jersey scenery package. This is (seriously) heart breaking for me. I was so looking forward to the completed Channel Islands collection, and now that the VAS management in P3D v3 has been massively improved, I could have run the lot at the same time!!

I am still hopeful that something will appear in the future, and I will be poking various developers in the back until someone says yes!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png