Sign in to follow this  
N405GJ

Any interest in a Westwind?

Hello all. Just a quick question to gauge what the consumers like. Would anyone be interested in seeing Mark's talents put to work to bring us a Westwind? No promises, just curious. Thanks.

2411195076_9b81c136ec.jpg

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

I'm not too keen on the Westwind. The company I work for operated one until very recently, but it never really piqued my interest from an FS standpoint. It was always the oddball aircraft in the fleet. Pretty much obsolete for charter by the late 2000's. Outclassed in one way or another by most of its competitors.

How about a Falcon 10?  Same vintage as the Learjet 35, with amazing runway performance and it's pretty slick looking. Google the tail N100CU.

No FMS....just retrofitted Garmin units (though some were fitted with a UNS-1 FMC), standard HSI, analogue primary instruments and engine gauges etc.  (Also, I may or may not have access to one  :Big Grin: )

Cheers

Orrrr......if you're feeling adventurous enough to start playing with FMC's:

Falcon 20

Falcon 50

Falcon 900B (mostly steam gauges)

Hawker 700 / 800A

Learjet 55

Challenger 601

I've always liked the Westwind, it was originally designed in the US by Aero Commander and then later sold to IAI (Israel Aircraft Industries). I would be interested if compatible with P3D?

Cheers

Martin

Falcon 20/50 or as mentioned above the Challenger 601 with a Universal FMS would be a game changer for sure. 

Luis Cortez
www.fusionairways.com

Not feeling the Westwind. A Falcon 10 would be interesting. I believe the Kings (of King training fame) fly one of those....or at least they used to. Or how about a Citation I SP?

A Falcon 10 or 20 would have my vote.

Although what I would love to see most is a Learjet 25 done with this kind of realism!  I know it's too similar though.

Mitchell Haughee

I'm not a great fan of the Westwind but a Grumman  Gulfstream  :fool:

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

Yes, I would like to see the Westwind because it is an unusual aircraft that hasn't been done before. It gets boring when the same planes (or slightly different variants / year models of basically the same plane) are done over and over by every developer.

Another aircraft that is lacking, which I would like to see, is the Beechjet 400 / Mitsubishi MU-300 Diamond II. A Turbo Commander 690 will also be great! So, yes, you have my vote for any unique aircraft that has been overlooked for far too long.

Yes, I would like to see the Westwind because it is an unusual aircraft that hasn't been done before. It gets boring when the same planes (or slightly different variants / year models of basically the same plane) are done over and over by every developer.

Another aircraft that is lacking, which I would like to see, is the Beechjet 400 / Mitsubishi MU-300 Diamond II. A Turbo Commander 690 will also be great! So, yes, you have my vote for any unique aircraft that has been overlooked for far too long.

It's interesting that you mention the Diamond. Mark and I were discussing them last night. We have 2 of them where I work so I have free access to them for R&D purposes. Of course the Falcon 10 and 50 were tossed around as well.

Matt Bernard

Yes, a Turbo Commander 690x would be a great plane, can't believe it hasn't been developed yet, such a classic aircraft, a lot like the Mu-2. Yes, Carenado is doing a AC 500 but I'm sure it will lack in system fidelity and can't compare with the 690 Turbo :wink:

Cheers

Martin

My only concern with doing a Turbo Commander would be the fact that the market is already pretty full of twin turboprops.

Matt Bernard