Sign in to follow this  
neucoas

Before purchasing the BT RV7

The Baytower RV7 seems to be a great VFR aircraft to enjoy the scenery, it has great visibility and, unlike the Lancair Legacy, it's a plane that a mortal can buy or build.. It fits very well with my personality.

But someone here the other day recommended the Ryan Navion B that is aveliable in SOH and it's pretty much what i flew the last week

So before purchasing the RV7 is there a freeware gem that i don't know about?

Thanks!

Cheers :)

N.-

There could be some sleepers out there for free. I flew the Navion about 5 or 6 years ago and found the Avionics upgrade but I will tell you that the Baytower RV7 is a couple of light years advanced on the freeware Navion. Chase down the Avsim review of the award winning RV7 for more info.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Oh man that is a great aircraft

I think it's 25 bucks nowadays. The support forum is closed afaik but there's a few people left here that know a lot about it - compatible with RXP GNS530W

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

There could be some sleepers out there for free. I flew the Navion about 5 or 6 years ago and found the Avionics upgrade but I will tell you that the Baytower RV7 is a couple of light years advanced on the freeware Navion. Chase down the Avsim review of the award winning RV7 for more info.

Regards,

Ray

I will take a look :)

Oh man that is a great aircraft

I think it's 25 bucks nowadays. The support forum is closed afaik but there's a few people left here that know a lot about it - compatible with RXP GNS530W

This is something that scares me a bit, but i think that it's a pretty complete aircraft, with no bugs (or little ones)

Something that i do not understand. It says that is fully IFR capable, but

1) You can not fly an IFR approach AFAIK, it does not has a gauge for the vertical path

2) No clock?

I know that i will use it for VFR mostly, but i really like to practice/do IFR approaches... There is something that i'm missing?

N.-

If you talk yourself out of the RV-7, I recommend you wait a couple of weeks and then checkout the V2 RealAir Legacy. It will have active support, but you mostly wouldn't need it. It is expected to be the most up to date general aviation plane available.

Regards,

Ray

If you talk yourself out of the RV-7, I recommend you wait a couple of weeks and then checkout the V2 RealAir Legacy. It will have active support, but you mostly wouldn't need it. It is expected to be the most up to date general aviation plane available.

Regards,

Ray

Yes, i just read that on the RealAir web page. It's expected to be similar to the Dukes? Or will be a free upgrade? Justo to know if i should buy now or wait.

I also see that there may be a Turbo version. 

Now i'm really confused, the legacy starts to grow interest on me.. It will be fine to get a really fast plane on my hangar  :wub:  

N.-

I flew the Navion about 5 or 6 years ago...

We talking about the same Navion? It only came out two years ago. IMO one of the nicest freeware GA around.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

We talking about the same Navion? It only came out two years ago. IMO one of the nicest freeware GA around.regards,Joe

That is not the Navion I am familiar with. Heck, if it is freeware, what is the problem? Download it and see if I blows your skirt up. If yes, fly it, if not, pick up the conversation at that time.

Regards,

Ray

Anyone know if the Lancair V2 is an free upgrade or then will be sold like a complete new package with and upgrade fee, just like the TDuke?

N.-

It is not an upgrade, it is a new model, but prior owners usually receive a discount. Like the v2 TD.

Regards,

Ray

Ok, i will wait until release. Surely it will be cheaper than purchasing now and upgrading later, i'm right?

N.-

Maybe. Buy now - fly today. You can check the RealAir site and check the numbers on the Turbine Duke V1 to V2 and get to good idea of what it might be for the Legacy. Meanwhile, you may want to read the Avsim review of the award winning Legacy.

Regards,

Ray

Something that i do not understand. It says that is fully IFR capable, but

1) You can not fly an IFR approach AFAIK, it does not has a gauge for the vertical path

2) No clock?

I know that i will use it for VFR mostly, but i really like to practice/do IFR approaches... There is something that i'm missing?

The avionics do not support  VOR or ILS navigation, but if equipped with a Reality XP GNS,

the autopilot does support LPV RNAV approaches, including glidepath tracking.

Bert

The avionics do not support  VOR or ILS navigation, but if equipped with a Reality XP GNS,

the autopilot does support LPV RNAV approaches, including glidepath tracking.

Oh I get it. I will wait for the Legacy V2 and maybe then purchase the F1 GTN

N.-

Oh I get it. I will wait for the Legacy V2 and maybe then purchase the F1 GTN

Now that would be a first class add on. Many folks delay purchasing the F1GTN, probably due to price, but once they make that step, they are extremely satisfied. I hear quite often - "I wish I had made the decision to get the F1GTN months ago, it adds so very much to the immersion and the accuracy of flying".

Regards,

Ray