Sign in to follow this  
CarlosF

10.45-RC1 is out....

...go get it.

comments from Ben:

http://developer.x-plane.com/

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Seems to be working fine.

58 MB download with lots of navdata updates.

John

Edit:  There are some claiming NAV 2 problems with the FF767.  I have not had the problem and, in fact have noted a better runway alignment during autoland.

John Wingold

Just don't really get what they mean by:

• Proper prop torque for aircraft that opt in.

????

I did install it last night, but since I only use XP10 with Aerowinx PSX, I didn't even consider trying a prop... Will do latter tonight :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Jose,

I suspect that is referring to the option to open the aircraft in plane-maker and re-save.  That is optional but not recommended by some -ie- Saab 340A.

John

John Wingold

Thx John,

yes, it makes sense.

I'll try it with the default aircraft then :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I would guess that only single prop aircraft are affected by the prop torque "fix."  Twins often counter-rotate, and of course turbofans aren't affected.

Good link Alpilot !

Main Simulation Rig:

Just in case you thought that when I wrote above "installed" I meant "re-installed" :-) , I was really meaning "upgraded".

X-Plane has been installed for a while now, and I am using it with PSX and actually using  SMPv3, which, as you know, I recently had to buy since some days had passed after the grace promotional period ....

X-Plane is certainly great for the PSX visuals, and SMP helps with the skies.

Main Simulation Rig:

José is a very respectable fellow simmer. It does not need a pilot license to describe the torque bug. Although being discussed so often it took a long time until LR reacted. Many payware add ons wait for a bug fix now because we can't run them through planemaker. It's a shame that we point fingers at other simulators and believe we have the best flight model. Until we can't use our planes we simply don't.

I don't hold a pilot license. Common sense is sufficient.

• Upvote 4

Since this topic has been reported to AVSIM Moderators as a potential issue regarding the discussions in this topic, I have to step in and ask everyone to please keep the discussions on topic.  We have a lot of "accusations" and, whether true or not, they do not belong in topics like this on AVSIM.  The comments are bordering on inciting others to argue and that's considered trolling.  We do not allow trolling here at AVSIM.  It's easy to troll.  I've done it myself before and it really does not get anyone anywhere but in lots of trouble.  Let's try to keep the topic discussions on the update and leave personal thoughts to ourselves.  I have the capability of banning individuals from a topic where discussions are inappropriate or getting out of hand.  I'm not going to take sides here.  I'm just asking everyone to move on as inciting or trolling comments only make it uncomfortable and takes away much of the enjoyment with our members.

I have removed the inappropriate and inciting comments.

Thanks for your cooperation.

• Upvote 3

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I have just noticed that with this update, some of my airports that had previously been part of Laminar updates, have disappeared.  Back to taxiways and runways only.  The new exclusion zone fix, must be working!  

Rolled back to pre-beta and everything is working.  Has anyone else noticed this?

I think the early 10.45 betas did not have this problem - only with RC1.

Yes, I have tried everything I can think of.  Log.txt shows nothing because it thinks everything is ok.

The comments block on the Developer page is gone, so that's not an option and I want other input before filing a bug report.

John 

John Wingold

Perhaps someone can shed some light for me. Im a relativly new user of XPX, but I do get the overall structure of scenery layers. That said, when 10.45 RC released on steam, my airports have trees everywhere and I cant figure out why.  My scenery packs.ini file has all the downloaded airports at the top, and all the associated libraries near bottom third. The Treelines package is practically at bottom just above the mesh so why are the trees showing up everywhere?

Its been at every airport it seems so its more a global issue rather than one airport. But havnt visited every airport.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Can you post your scenery_packs.ini file and we can then take a look. It sounds like something is out of order.

Can you post your scenery_packs.ini file and we can then take a look. It sounds like something is out of order.

I'll get it today...  I deleted and let it rebuild, but wouldn't doubt that it is screwed up!

John

John Wingold