Sign in to follow this  
Guest erwin969

Live ATC Chatter in combination with Radar Contact 4: how is it working?

Guest erwin969

I'm thinking about to buy myself Live ATC Chatter but how is it working in combination with Radar Contact 4 and the real traffic files? I have continu internet connection so I can recieve the livestreams.

See my reply to you in another thread. It works great together.

Guest erwin969

I just installed Live ATC Chatter. I read the manual and set and save some livestreams in it. Then I open FS9, select com2, freq. 118.00 but I hear nothing and LAC says LAC is ready. From which point is LAC is going to work? I see also no action in the program, also no red and green bullets. So there is something wrong.

Hello Have you scanned the streams in LiveATC to see if the are activesometimes streams are down at LiveATC.net Here is a scan in progress any red light against a stream will indicate the stream is down.Also check that you have Com2 selected in LiveATChttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/192916.jpg

Guest erwin969

>Hello >Have you scanned the streams in LiveATC to see if the are>active>sometimes streams are down at LiveATC.net >Here is a scan in progress any red light against a stream will>indicate the stream is down.>Also check that you have Com2 selected in LiveATC>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/192916.jpg>Yes, everything checked, also I made a scan but no green or red bullet comes up. All streams are working in my winampplayer. I thought it was my installation. I have FS9 on my D partition and also Live ATC Chatter. I try to install Live ATC Chatter on my C drive but it's still not working. I also try mp3 from the archives but also no action. When I'm running FS, Live ATC Chatter still gives that everything is ready. No connection messages or something.

Guest erwin969

B.t.w. there is a fault in the manual. You can't get the livestream from liveatc.net selecting the name of the stream on the page, you must first start the stream in winamp or another player from there you can save the stream. That is how I did it

Actually, the manual was correct, it is simply that the Live ATC web site changed the way you can save files a couple weeks ago.When you go into the available feeds, if you click on the feed title, i.e. 'KBOS-Boston Grounds', a 'download window' should pop-up so you can save the file....as far as your other issue....did you 'import' your m3u files before adding them into to your program? It's a bit 'quirky' to get set up, but once you have it working, it works great. I didn't 'import' files at first and had a similar problem as you are having...but it was my fault for not reading and understanding the manual ;)You can also get help at cielosim web page, then go to the forum.http://cielosim.com/EDIT: For whatever reason, it looks like the forum is down right now. This is fairly new, so hopefully they will get it straightened out soon.

Guest erwin969

>Actually, the manual was correct, it is simply that the Live>ATC web site changed the way you can save files a couple weeks>ago.>>When you go into the available feeds, if you click on the feed>title, i.e. 'KBOS-Boston Grounds', a 'download window' should>pop-up so you can save the file.>>...as far as your other issue....did you 'import' your m3u>files before adding them into to your program? It's a bit>'quirky' to get set up, but once you have it working, it works>great. I didn't 'import' files at first and had a similar>problem as you are having...but it was my fault for not>reading and understanding the manual ;)>>You can also get help at cielosim web page, then go to the>forum.>>http://cielosim.com/>>EDIT: For whatever reason, it looks like the forum is down>right now. This is fairly new, so hopefully they will get it>straightened out soon.Import, that does the trick. I'm directly add the files but that's why it's not working. But now another problem. The streams don't play. I made a scan, all bullets are green. I start Live ATC Chatter, starting FS9 from there, turning my com2 radio on the first frequency 118.000 but no action and Live ATC Chatter give still status: Live ATC Chatter ready, no buffering or playing streams. And now?

Guest erwin969

It works! The streams are running. I don't know what I do but I'm switching between com1 and 2 in Live ATC Chatter and than the streams starting to play. I also have the beep sound. Are the streams starting when you create a flight in FS or doesn't matter that? I normaly create no flight in FS, only in FS Nav and I load it in Radar Contact 4. But the volume from my engines from my plane are louder then the volume of the streams. All streams are on 100% but the engines, and I think the sound from Radar Contact 4 too, are louder. Where can I fix that so everything all sound is on one level?

Guest macman4
http://www.quicksoundswitch.toflo.de/. If you have a USB headset, you can use this free program to hear the Live ATC chatter or Radar Contact 4 or both, through the headset. All other sounds IE: engines, would come through your other speakers. Then if you want, you can stick Game Commander 3 in there for voice commands. Almost like the real world LOL. Bob

Guest erwin969

I have no USB headset. All audio come trough my speakers.

Guest macman4

If you could find a headset, it makes a world of difference. I bought a headset at Radio Shack for $9.99 2 years ago. I think the brand name was Gigaware.

Guest erwin969

Ok, anybody have another solution for me?

Guest j-mo

Lower the volume of your engines: Options -> Settings -> Sound