Sign in to follow this  

Two America West pilots arrested for being drunk

Guest Joshieca

This was edited to remove AP copyrighted text. The posting of copyrighted material without the permission of the author is a violation of the forum rules Robert KirklandAssocicate PublisherAVSIM [div align=center]http://members.cox.net/joshieca/fstimeslink.gif

Unbelievable. Some just never know how lucky they are to have the kind of job that they do. How stupid can you be to drink like that before piloting a commercial aircraft. Both of those guys are just complete morons.

Eric 

Whats the old rule? "12 hours Bottle to Throttle"?I recall a couple of idiots from Northwest had thesame problem a few years ago.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

I am not sure of the forum rules, but to copy and paste the article may violate AVSIM policyb. You can however, post the a link.(:( User shall not upload, post or otherwise make available on the System any material protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark or other proprietary right and the burden ofdetermining that any material is not protected by copyright rests with User. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,56750,00.htmlBrent H/PFFWIW, I am glad to see that the screeners were observant. It's too bad it took the police so long to stop them. Why didn't airport security stop them on the spot?

Sad to see bad judgment will now cost these two clowns not only there careers possibly some time in jail as well. So "Dumb & Dumber" were those drinks on South Beach worth it. On a positive side now two of your fellow comrades who were furloughed because of 9/11 can be brought back on-line so in the end there can be a happy ending to this story.John

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

Guest Twister

While I'm definitely against drinking on the job (or for that matter before the job...), I think that we should refrain from being so quick at throwing stones on those two guys.The investigation has barely commenced, and I don't know how accurate those breath tests are.Let's not be guilty of judging others on the basis of a short article in a newspaper.There's a lot of crap in the media that are always thirsty for blood, scoops and scapegoats...Just my 2 cents...Twister

Josh, I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you just weren't aware to not copy and past a press article from somewhere else. Please in the future, make sure you just post a link directing people to the website with the article. That way everyone is happy concerning any copyright policies.

First off, to agree with one poster above, some of these jerks really dont know how great of a job they have. What nerve. Secondly, risking the lives of the people on board that aircraft is ludicrous and those gentlemen should spend some time in jail or prison. Lastly, to state some simple rules from the FAR's, its 8 hours between bottle and throttle, and it doesnt matter what Florida laws are, the FAA says if you test above .08, youre too intoxicated to operate an aircraft of any kind. If they were infact "drunk", I hope the FAA makes sure they never fly again. This isnt the time for some moronic pilots to scare away what little business the airlines can muster.Craig

Twister,>While I'm definitely against drinking on the job (or for that >matter before the job...), I think that we should refrain from >being so quick at throwing stones on those two guys.>The investigation has barely commenced, and I don't know how >accurate those breath tests are.Let me assure you, those breath tests are very accurate. When a person is given a breath test, they are sat down and observed for 20 minutes prior to taking the test. During this time, they cannot burp, throw up or use the restroom. Secondly if they have anything in there mouth including dentures, it is removed. No food or drink is allowed during this time as well. This is done so that the person being tested will give the most accurate breath sample possible. The person giving the sample has to give two breaths and they have to be within a certain parameter or both are thrown out as invalid by the machine. It is a very accurate test.

Eric 

Thank you copyright police officer Brent.Now returning to discussion of said article...

Everyone of you have went to work with a hangover, that's all these guys did. I'm sure they followed the 8 hour bottle to throttle regulation, it's pretty sad.

You are quite welcome Eric.Just trying to keep AVSIM from being shut down by the Associated Press.Brent

Guest Astrojet 112

10:30 in the morning??? JEEESH!Sounds to me like these guys were trying to aleviate the boredom of the same old milk run, day in and day out.Unfortunately, putting their passengers and crew at great risk.They should be terminated with their licenses revoked.Correct me if Im wrong, but I thought I heard an AA 757 went into a mountain in Coloumbia some years ago with the pilot intoxicated.Astro

Im sure everybody appreciates your efforts Brent.Eric