Sign in to follow this  
vscimone

Virtual cockpit gauge refresh rates

Guest mrpc

OK, thanks for your quick response - I guess this isn't going to be fixed in the upcoming update? Is this problem down to ATI cards as a whole or just my 9200?Cheers,Matt

Got a 9700 Pro...Same problem...

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Guest gremel

Me too, unfortunately.Jack ATI 9700

Actually, as far as the PMDG737-800/900 upgrade is concerned, the problem has been rectified, and frame rates and VC gauge refresh rates are considerably improved. (night and day actually).When I said "no easy fix".. I meant no easy fix on the user side. We discovered the cause of the problem and have implemented changes in the way the airplane is designed in order to optimize performance. Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest mrpc

Hi,First things first, I have to say the 600/700 sim is stunning. I have a question about the refresh rates of the gauges in the VC - however high I turn the slider to increase the refresh (15 is the max I believe), I still seem to be getting a shuddering display of the gauges - it looks more like 3 or 4 fps, even when I selected 15 from the menu (I get an excellent overall fps of 20-27(locked) in the VC - it's just the gauges that seem to be v slow). The 2D gauges work fine - I have them set at 16fps and they display extremely smoothly (with an overall frame rate of again 20-27locked). An ideas to correct this would be appreciated. I have a P4 3ghz with HT, 1gbRAM, and a ati 9200 graphics card.Cheers,Matt Crowe

Guest mrpc

OK, thanks again for the response - good news that it's fixed. Looking at the excellent VC screenshots it looks like I may well be flying mostly with the VC when the update arrives!Cheers,Matt

Hmmm....Despite having flown the 737NG for quite a while I must have missed the gauge refresh settings, or set them initially and forgot about them :-)Like Matt I look forward to the -800 VC, looks 'nicer' than the -600, at least in the screen shots.I recently installed Cam2Pan 2.08 which works quite well with the VC so hope to do more VC flying.BTW Vin, can you hold off releasing the -800 for a couple of weeks, RfP 2nd Gen is released on the 12th and I need some time to get to grips with that ;-)RgdsDave

i have a 9600 pro and got the same issue... i love the vc but for that particular problem i am still flying the 2d panel.seems like the cure

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

Guest georg

Hey I have a question now! :) I have same PC as you, but Radeon 9500 Pro 128MB DDR and Im getting like 15 FPS max absolutely max in VC with FS2004. How are your FS graphics tuned, max?

I would like to add following to this discussion: when I fly any 737NG VC model, FPS in 2D is fine untill I have used theo VC view. So as soon as VC has been used once, FPS in 2D drops from 25 to 16-19. I'm using an ATI Radeon 9500 Pro with Catalyst v4.4. Anyone else has this and found a solution? I have been playing with AGP aperture size etc. No affect at all. :-( My machine: Asus A7N8X Deluxe, Athlon 2600+, 1GB RAM, ATI 9500 Pro, WinXP Pro, FS2004.Happy Easter!Kind regards,Henk-Jan

Guest georg

Yeah, I am using the same videocard and Catalyst 4.4, VC frame is unflyable, I have no ideas why... :(