Sign in to follow this  
TRAVAIR

Something for the South African's

Guest henkhugo

woooooow! I like! i like a lot!

Guest dormehlexpert

This one I really want - beautiful!!!!Don DormehlProud South African PMDG Supporter!

Hi Thomas,It really depends on the complexity of the livery.If I have done the same livery on another aircraft, it cuts down a lot of time because I have the logos already done. Most of the time is spent tweaking the livery to make sure it matches as close to the real thing. For South African, I'd say I spent maybe 2hrs? Most of the time was spend on the tail getting it right. Then messing with the winglets.A quality layered paint kit helps a lot!

Guest Jeff Berman

Looking good John, sure like that dusk shot :)

Guest Stassiebal

Brilliant John!!!Can't wait to get her in the air!De

Guest phorovsky

Hello JohnI simply love the SAA livery! Well done!!I just have one little problem, where can I get it? I tried "Downloads", but it was not there! Or did you design the great livery purely for your own use, and thereby making us very envious?!!Kind regardspaul(all the way from Jo'burg!!)

Paul,It is for the upcoming 800/900 release. Hopefully any day now.:-beerchug It will be on their download page once the main aircraft is released.

Guest JacoD

Looks great John! Are you going to paint SJE as well? ;-)Jaco du PreezProject Openskyjake@projectopensky.com[a href=http://www.projectopensky.com" target="_blank]Project Opensky Homepage[/a].: ASUS P4C800E-DLX : P4 2.8Ghz 800MHz FSB Hyper Threading : 1GB PC3200 DDR RAM : ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB DDR : Maxtor 200GB SATA HDD :.

Guest Conrad

Great paint John! :DDont you think that scheme makes the aircraft look much bigger?

Guest thekeeperza

AWESOME!!!!!well done john. it looks very good. cant wait for the release of the 800 to get that livery in the vskies!!

Hey guys - how come was my reply deleted? I simply complimented PMDG and John's repaint and shared a screenshot of my repaint. I meant no harm and at a loss for words. Please let me know, because this was un-called for.Philip.P.S. I look forward to the 737-8/900 release.

Guest Luis KMIA

Awesome! I can't wait to fly the -800!I heard SAA is moving to an all Airbus fleet. That's too bad.Luis KMIA

Guest phorovsky

Hello everybodyIt made me feel quite fuzzy to see that so many folk are so very pleased to hear about the soon to come SAA livery!! I always thought that I was the only one who hails from that part of the world!!Cannot wait for the release of the 800/900!It would also be so very nice if somebody could design a better Jan Smuts airport - I suppose I should say Johannesburg International, but being an old geeser I still like the old handle!! The fs9 airport is not recognisable.Safe landingspaul

Guest thekeeperza

hey hey paul,i am also a thourough breed south african mate:)if you're looking for a Josie update search for "worx01.zip" on avsim. it is a SA group called aeroworx. they are busy with a whole pile of scenery updates for SA. they also have a SA mesh that rocks, albeit a bit big - 131MB. their Josie update is killer.the more i look at john's screenies the more impatient i get. bring on the 800/900

Guest phorovsky

Dear WayneMany thanks for your so very prompt reply! Very much appreciated. You as I are probably connected whilst the telephones are a bit cheaper!!I shall certainly have a look at worx01 as soon as I've posted this note! I am just a little confused (being an elderly bloke I do confuse very easily!!) when you say something "rocks", or is a "killer" - does that mean it is good or bad??!!forgive my great stupidity!!!paul