Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

737-800/900 Maintenance Status Board

Guest Ray CYYZ

Nice touch Robert!Next you'll be telling us we can log in with ACARS to the maint office and get status ;)Ray

Guest dirk1000

Hi PMDG Team,For take in consideration for MAINTENANCE STATUS BOARD (NEW).This morning, I read the new MAINTENANCE STATUS BOARD implementation (I think a very good idea),Yesterday did a flight from SANT to SANL with PMDG 737 900, all went OK. For back to SANT I did a

Guest stockerharris

PMDG Maintenance,Could I please request a replacement Standby Alimeter since the millibar (MB) readout on mine is not functioning.Although on my plane in 800/900 VC the increments of IN HG advance correctly at .01" per click of the barometric adjustment knob, anotherpilot reports more coarse increments of .03 to .05" per click.His MB readout is also broke.Thanks,David.

Guest ntsmith

I think we can all appreciate zero problems was going to be unrealistic and this idea seems pretty good.I just love the way the PMDG really do seem to consider the product not only before its sold but after. Makes a real change that PMDG should be prud of.What a team they must have got together!Carry on the good work.Oh. BTW there is no "please make the coffee" button anywhere in the cockpit. Are you or are you not fixing this ?lolKind regardsNigel Thomas-Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

Guest rserpieri

As said before 1."Altitude alert" not working during descents.2."T.O. config" not working with stab trim out of green band.3.FLT CONTROL and SPOILER switches don't have any effectiveness turning then OFF there is no change in flight controls,I can still move rudder and spoilers.4.Last but not least,re-check the "hydraulic system" logic:with all the hyd pumps (EDP's and electrics) in the OFF position or failed the FLAP LEVER won't move (which is uncorrect!) and if you even press several times consecutively F6 or F7 it will move,the flaps will move (as shown from the FLAP POSITION INDICATOR)....how is all this possible if you have all the hydraulic system depressurized?? P.S.:I know it's not a FFS but it would be nice to see engines paramiters changing turning the eng anti-ice ON.Thanks for your help Robert and PMDG guys,

Guest ogeva

I'm sure you'tr already aware of this issue, but since I didn' see it mentiond on this post or on the maintenance board, I'll wirte it down.737 800/900 textures and VC work great for me.However, the 700/600, even though have the new night lighting on VC now, still have the old orange lighting on the VC+Cabin model. Plus, on the VC model, on VC they have the new lighting on the main panel, but the Old orange on the radio pedestal.Another issue with the 600/700 is that overhead panel is not clickable in VC while on the 800/900 it is.I belive these are minor issues you can remedy quickly, I was just hoping you are already taking steps to fix them.Thanks,Oren

"- Trim during approach" Maybe we should start up a NG learning certer??? OF COURSE it trims on a auto approach at 400' just like the real aircraft. [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Hi Oren. The 600/700 model's compatability with the 8900 upgrade is a separate issue.As described in the initial release notes of the PMDG 737-800/900 upgrade, the models for the 600 and the 700 will be updated in a separate "model patch" at a later date.Best,VinPMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Morning all..firstly what a great product..thanks PMDG :-)A small problem.When I load the 8/900 the aircraft loads with the thrust reversers slightly open and the rev indicator showing on the panel above the engine gauges.Any suggestions?? RobYBBN

Rob Grant
Compass Airlines - Stretch Your Wings Australia

Guest ogeva

Thanks Vin, good to hear.Somehow I missed that announcment.You guys are the best!Cheers!Oren

Guest guex

Flickering Adv. Display WindowWhen the landing lights are on, the text in Adventure Display window is flickering.This may be caused by the "noise" generated by the VC, as you explain in your Maintenance Status Board.Great product!

Hi Robert and PMDG team,Just found a cure for my problem and that is to save a default startup situation in any other PMDG model than the 2D panel, for instance PMDG 800 Virtual Cockpit and Cabin. By doing so, I can then change to the 2D panel when FS fires up and it loads just fine. Also found that the 2D panel will load just fine if I save a default situation in any of the default FS a/c's and then delete the situation file so FS won't be able to find it when loading. That will give an error message at load time as seen in the attached screenshot but like I said cure the problem and let me load the 2D panel from start. If I on the other hand don't delete that saved situation and by that let FS find and load it, the problem is back and the 2D panel won't load but instead freeze at 0% after pressing the 'Fly now' button and shortly thereafter crach FS.I hope you will not see this as a permanent fix but rather a helpful push in the right direction for you to find and solve the problem. Appearently it seems to be something with the startup situation that causes the problem. If you think it would be of any help I can provide you with my .FLT and .WX files.Best regards,http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/74395.jpg

Richard Åsberg

Guest Clement Guivarc h

Hi guys !I've just bought the 800 and 900, I have just had enough time to spend admiring the visual model. I've noticed something which might be a visual flaw with the 800 serie especially, but also with the 600/700/900 even if I'm not sure for those ones.Check the pics:There's one thing that i fond strange: when I trim the a/c up or down, the elevator moves up and down. But look at those small animated parts: when I trim up, the part on the left points up and the one on the right points down...http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/74420.jpgNow when I trim down, the one on the left points down and the one on the right points up. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/74421.jpgIs it normal ? Shouldn't they both point up when I trim down and down when I trim up ?Those shots were taken with the Alaska 739 2d cockpit, but there's the same prob with the 600 and 700 although as I said I'm not sure it's really a problem.Now the 738, look at this pic:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/74422.jpgIt *seems* you have forgotten to animate the horizontal stab of the 738, because when I trim up or down the "small animated parts" move as shown on the pic, but the stab doesn't move...I hope you understand what I wrote...it's hard to explain lol.../)_/). _ Cl

Guest DrJimi

Greetings PMDG Team,I experienced 2 engine failures last night - the first failures or anomalies of any kind I have had with any of the 737NG aircraft. However, the situation leading up to this may, I hope, shed a little more light on what may be the cause of the intermitent engine failures reported by others.737-700, SWA, winglets, KPHL-KBOS. Registered version of FSUIPC, V3.2.1.2. 737-800/900 installed. ALl prior flights with 700/800 aircraft had no issues.I have, to this point, had the "battery fix" in FSUIPC set to a value of 5 to extend the battery life and NOT set to 0 (zero) to give infinite battery. However, as an experiment having read the posts on this forum I tried setting it to zero. This was after loading the flight plan (ATC) in FS9 and "Fly Now". My pre-flight, FP load into the FMC, taxi, etc. procedures were all as I usually perform. The only change therefore was the battery value being zero.During the takeoff run, I had a left engine failure at VR. I managed to continue the climb and restart the engine and left generator. On arrival and landing at KBOS I had a second failure of the left engine at touchdown after having pressed F1 to ensure idle throttle (this I also do not usually do, as my spoilers do deploy normally).I have no idea as to whether the engine failures are related to the FSUIPC battery "fix", but offer this report as a "data point". I can provide further details as to my startup, takeoff, approach and landing procedures if it is of value. I have since changed the battery value back to 5 and will re-fly the route this evening to determine if all is back to normal.Thank you for your excellent aircraft and customer service!