Sign in to follow this  
Guest glenb

Virgin Atlantic ITVV 747-400 video & PMDG 747-400

and here,sorry had to cut it up to get it to the 150k limitJon

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Yes you get the increase in power noise on the takeoff as the engines spool up,and then a decrease as they reduce to CLB power at 1500agl. When conditions permit we use a TO2 derate (15% derate) plus an assumed temp to further reduce thrust on take off to extend engine life.In these cases its not uncommon to here the power INCREASE to CLB power at 1500ft!! work that out??Michael..,John Cullom now live in Capetown,claiming long term medical insurance with his bad back, so isn`t able to fly anymore(allegedly) I`ll say no more ;-)Jon

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

I flew that route in real life about 30 times over the years with PanAm and usually approached KSFO from one of two directions, into 28R and 28L. For approach into 28L the way Virgin did it, come in over the Point Reyes VOR at FL150 (I think), then head to LOZIT at 11,000' and IAS 250, and proceed to DUXBY very close to KSFO, then down to Palo Alto where you do a circle around Moffett Field before heading to the ILS intercept at about 4000'.To land on 28R, head from LOZIT across the GG Bridge and city of SF (fantastic views on the left side!) on a track of 102 deg or 106 down to the eastern side of the San Mateo bridge and do a 180 around the bridge to track the intercept to the ILS for 28R at a rather lower altitude than the above approach.Either way, you will overfly or be abeam, BRIJJ because that is the western side of the San Mateo bridge. Your altitude over BRIJJ NDB should be approximately 1777' AGL.Sorry this is a bit rambling and unprofessional, but it's the way I always saw it in real life and I never used charts in the sim for this.Jonathan

Guest alsats

Hi, I don't know if you need any more info, but I was pointed to this website by a ground handler, who said that there were some questions to be answered. I was the captain on that flight and maybe able to help. It would be easier if you posted your questions to my email at alcarter@easynet.co.uk .Cheers.

Guest Callmecapt

Welcome to the forum Alan.Prepare to have your inbox bombarded with questions.I'm sure many of us will have questions once the 744 is released.RegardsGoran

Hi and thank you for sharing the ride with us. You may find your autograph in demand! :) I do have several questions and will email them as you requested. Thank you!Bob...

Guest glide

Hello Allan how is Ruby these days?......."Ruby Tuesday" that is do you see much of her?Kav

Guest Phill

Would anyone know where i could purchase this ITVV-747-400 video please,Phill Sydney Australia

Guest Callmecapt

Hi PhilI live in Sydney and I ordered it through www.itvv.co.ukTheir prices include shipping and I think I paid roughly $AUD47.00 for it. You could go to Bankstown airport at the Con Store and buy it over the counter for roughly $20 extra. I have both the DVD and Video. If you want the video, send me a private message through the forum and we'll sort something out.RegardsGoran

Guest Phill

Thanks for the information,Goran. cheers Phill