Sign in to follow this  
Guest RAR_Fan

757-767-777 Aircraft

I guess this is directed to PMDG folks, as I read about the 757-767 created to use Fly1.At some point, you discontinued these A/C (sorry just got tired of looking at 600+ pages! in this forum :-) and wanted to know if you have any plans to get these birds in the air again.Know yours hands are busy, but is any of the code for these birds resuable?Thanks,GerryP.S. Rob's a sure thing at the Reno Air Races this year! :-beerchug

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Well not PMDG here but can tell you that the answer would be no. PMDG develope exclusively for MSFS now. Be that as it may, this does not preclude PMDG from developing some of those aircraft for MSFS 9 and beyond..[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

I still have my 767 for Fly! and my 757 for Fly! 2 on CD, I would love to "lend" it out, but I'd have to ask PMDG how they feel about that kind of stuff. I remember them being great products, but unfortunately they wern't able to accurately model the suspension of the main gear on either of those planes, so it didn't quite look right from an outside view.Jeff

Jeff,Thanks for the generous offer, however I've read some horror stories (way back on this forum) of installation nighmares, and wierd things about Fly!.Any thoughts on this?Thanks,Gerry

fly! is history...I too dream of a PMDG Boeing 777 for MSFS :)

To be honest, Fly!2 is a pain as far as getting it to an acceptable level of quality. Installation is usually quick and painless, and there is a final patch that includes all the patches released for Fly! 2, after that, getting the sky and land to look right is a killer pain as there are many files to download and many tweaks you need to make if you want an acceptable sim. Other than that performance is great even when I had my old Radeon 9600 XT. It's long been off my hardrive as MSFS has now surpassed it in many areas. It was at one time the only sim I used. Infact, I went from FS 4 to FS 98, skipped 2000 while I enjoyed the fly series and then resumed MSFS with 2002 and now MSFS 9. As far as fly! goes, it's now very outdated and haven't used it since fly!2.Jeff

I have to agree with everything above. At some point FLY!2k was my favorite sim. This was in fact the product that got me interested in the flight simulation in the first place. I participated in beta testing of FLY!II and had great expectations for this version and almost dreamed of it as a potential MSFS "killer". But I ended up being very disappointed in pretty much everything related to FLYII and abandoned this product altogether. Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_beta_member.jpg

Thanks for Your Replies!Just wana thank everone who replied to my query :-)Your information is invaluable, which is why I come back to the PMDG forum often.Newbees: FYI: This is why PMDG makes an excellent product!!!!Thanks to all who replied, and keep up the good work PMDG!!! :-beerchug Gerry

Just wanted to say that if you're looking for a 767, look no further than LDS, and their upcoming 757 should be great, just think. A 737 from PMDG, 747 from PMDG, 757 from LDS, and 767 from LDS, as others have said, all we need now is a 777 from PMDG.

As far as i'm concerned PMDG may do a 767/757 aswel. Cheers,Willem

I don't think it's necessary, LDS is fantastico, I really don't know how you'd improve on it, and I'd be willing to say that the 757 will be the same, PMDG should do something that hasn't been done before, to capture the largest market share, like a 777.

>PMDG should do something that>hasn't been done before, to capture the largest market share,>like a 777.Saw that one coming a mile away. I really don't get why everyone wants a 777? Just because it's the latest and greatest from Boeing? I'm not sure...it still has me puzzled. Personally I just want someone to do it so every will stop asking for one. I think the 777 is a great airplane, but I think PMDG's time is better spent else-where.

777 is, for me, the most handsome modern heavy iron ever made. I still miss the good old days with PSS777 in FS2002 (the only thing I still kind of miss of FS2002).I really wish PMDG would make those breath-taking GE engines roar again in FS.Jason Zhang

Well, with PSS doing the 757 and 777. I'd be suprised if PMDG did them next. Seems to me it would be somewhat pointless in this small industry to have direct competing products.I, for one, would love to see an A340-600. Theres no commercial offering and as much as I like the PSS Airbus theres a lot of realism missing that I know PMDG could take a good stab at.

>777 is, for me, the most handsome modern heavy iron ever>made. I still miss the good old days with PSS777 in FS2002>(the only thing I still kind of miss of FS2002).>>I really wish PMDG would make those breath-taking GE engines>roar again in FS.>>Jason ZhangIt's handsome all right, but you really need the mighty Rolls-Royce Trent - now that's an engine! For sound RR beat any other engine manufacturer hands down.

That's exactly why PMDG should try to make a 777. Because while PSS is indeed good at making airplanes (and I'm sure their new 777 will be great), I'm sure PMDG could easily take their 777 to a new level of realism. The thing is, it's very hard to fly other airplanes once you get used to PMDG's level of realism. A couple years ago I thought nobody would ever be able to pull off something better than the PSS 777 for FS2k2. Now I think its such a simple aircraft...Victorhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

I second that! One of the things I liked about PSS 777 was being able to use the tophat of my joystick, to quickly get to the overhead to turn on the Landing Lights & Strobes when cleared for an "immediate takeoff".Liked the clock on the panel as well.Cheers!Gerry

>That's exactly why PMDG should try to make a 777. Because>while PSS is indeed good at making airplanes (and I'm sure>their new 777 will be great), I'm sure PMDG could easily take>their 777 to a new level of realism.I don't doubt they would make an awesome 777. My point is that in the fairly small market of FS products. If you have 2 indentical models then the small market you have gets even smaller. So in terms of money, it might not make the most sense to offer a product that is already out there. Especially when you consider that both PMDG and PSS create highly detailed aircraft.If it were a dream world all aircraft would be of the level of detail and realism of PMDG. And we'd get 50 fps on our P133's ;)

The topic has been brought up before. PMDG hinted that the next project after md-11 will be 777.And it makes sense...They wont do airbus....so whats left.Pretty simple.Capn Oz

>777 is, for me, the most handsome modern heavy iron ever>made. I still miss the good old days with PSS777 in FS2002>(the only thing I still kind of miss of FS2002).>>I really wish PMDG would make those breath-taking GE engines>roar again in FS.>>Jason ZhangAnd , Jason, the ability to import a flightplan from FS straight into the FMC (great for beginners) was a great feature of the PSS777 as well as the ability to graft those panels on to any other aircraft. I love the PMDG 738/9 but like you still have a soft spot for the PSS777. The 744 wasn't bad either.Another Gerry

I usually lurk here and haven't read too much lately, but one thing struck me as I was reading Flying the other day. Why all this Boeing/Airbus focus? What about the Gulfstream G550? Now there's a great piece of kit!-Alexander