Sign in to follow this  
miguelpp

PMDG 747-400F Being Readied for Release!

Hi. Awsome news!Did I remember seeing on the PMDG site that a full list of freight timetables would be included with therelease of the 400F, or am I just imagining that?! I like my flights to be realistic and I can find many freighttimes of the web.Guess there will be a lot of pax stranded at airportswhile we all fly cargo this weekend!CheersAndy S

Hi Captain, you say:"If you install the 400F, all of the new features that aren't unique to the 400F airplane are available in your passenger configured airplanes as well! (example: New engine models/displays cover the entire Queen of the Skies product line, but only the 400F airplanes will have the digital ISFD)".It

Guest rnj slinger

joepie de poepie (that's dutch but it means i am very happy)Pent 3.2 1024 htasus p4c800hd 200gb 4 partitionsmaxtor 7200 rpmati 9800pro 256 cat 5.8 ATTools21"IIyama crt19" relisys crtwin xp sp2 CH yoke + pedals+ dell laptop for asv ivae etc

Guest BAW1085

This has become almost a standalone simulator within a simulator. Quite amazing the attention to detail. I shall enjoy every minute I'm sure !David Miles(Airbus)

Nick, and et al,what can you advise on how to clear up the computer to make it more streamline for the 400F? defrag, etc? but anyone have suggestions how to prepare the computer for the F?ThanksMaxim

my tips would be :1) if you have multiple drives try and run FS on a seperate hard drive to that of windows2) complete hard drive(s) defrag, if necessary uninstall old programs3) remove all spyware and adware using numerous freeware programs4) update all drivers (motherboard, graphics, sound etc)and most importantly..ENJOY THE -400F :)

Will the servers hold up to the demand? I hope it wont be like the intitial release, that crashed even Avsim.Amazing amount of features, I never expected such an amazing list. I look forward to flying this weekend I hope;-)

Guest Senior Captain

I have been so looking forward to this. The weekend has been cleared and the credit card polished.Cheers:-beerchug

Captains!Thought you all might be interested to know that I have just released to our beta testing team the Release Candidate version of the PMDG 747-400F!"The F" is waiting on the hardstand- fueled and ready to go... We've asked our team to take her for another proving run just to be certain we haven't missed anything- and then we'll turning the keys over to you!This has been a very thorough beta test period- and I'm very certain that those of you with deliveries to make during the weekend won't need to be tossing freight and mail over the seats on the Passenger version. ;-)In other words- Clear your Calendar!The PMDG 747-400F is a very big expansion to the PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies franchise. Not only are we bringing you four new airplane types, we added some very complex propulsion models, new cockpit displays, new cockpit equipment, and much much more.....Here is my current list of what adding the "The F" to your fleet will bring you!NEW FOR THE PMDG 747-400F:==========================1) New GE-Engined visual 747-400F model.2) New RR-Engined visual 747-400F model.3) New PW-Engined visual 747-400F model.4) New GE-Engined visual 747-400F model of USAF Anti-Ballistic Missile Laser Testbed Aircraft.5) Nose Cargo door w/container-pallet loader. (Door must be open to add/remove loader!) NOTE: Nose Cargo Door is visible from VC when open. This door is NOT visible from the 2D cockpit however, as it's impact on frame rates even when closed was undesirable.6) Main Deck Cargo door w/ container-pallet loader. (Door must be open to add/remove loader!)7) Forward Cargo Loader for lower lobe forward door. (Door must be open to add/remove loader!)8) Aft Cargo Loader for lower lobe aft door. (Door must be open to add/remove loader!)9) Tail-stand for all 400F derivatives.10) Animated Passenger Stand for crew access to Door 1L.11) Updated Key-Mapping menu including all 400F specific animations. (Allows control of all doors/loaders/animations)12) PMDG747-400F Cargo Load Manager. (This tool MUST be used in order to see animated cargo loads!)13) Animated Cargo placement on Main and/or Lower deck of all 747-400F models. (Requires that cargo be loaded using the PMDG 747-400F Cargo Load Manager and that the cargo load be heaver than 5,000lbs on the respective upper or lower decks to see cargo animated inside the airplane.)14) 747-400F Digital Autopilot Mode Control Panel visible in 2D/VC of 747-400F.15) Integrated Standby Flight Display replaces analogue standby gauges on 747-400F.16) 747-400F 2D/VC show LCD flat panel display screen borders vice CRT borders.17) Electrical System updated in 747-400F to reflect increased dependence upon the AC Ground Handling Bus to operate cargo doors. NOTE: To operate the cargo doors, you MUST have either APU GEN 2 or EXT PWR 2 showing AVAIL on the electrical panel. (OFF or ON will not allow operation.)18) Lower EICAS ELEC page updated to remove galley bus indications.19) Air Conditioning system for 747-400F reflects operational differences and temperature control zones/knobs.20) 2D/VC cockpit models on 747-400F updated to show 400F specific Air Conditioning panel.21) Lower EICAS ECS page updated to reflect 747-400F temperature zones/functionality.22) Fuel System for 747-400F reflects operation differences and reduction in capacity that results from the lack of stabilizer tanks on the 747-400F.23) 2D/VC cockpit models on 747-400F updated to show 400F specific Fuel Control Panel.24) Lower EICAS ECS FUEL page updated to reflect 747-400F fuel system layout.25) 2D/VC cockpit models updated to delete various switches not present on 747-400F.26) Added Rolls Royce EPR and N3 curves and associated thrust model.27) Upper/Lower EICAS Engine displays updated to reflect Rolls Royce Engine data layout.28) Added PW EPR curve and associated thrust model.29) Upper EICAS engine display updated to reflect Pratt & Whitney EPR layout.30) Added Rolls Royce engine performance tables and functionality to FMC/CDU.31) Added Pratt & Whitney engine performance tables and functionality to FMC/CDU.32) New Engine Starter Logic resulting in more realistic engine starting behavior.33) New Engine start spooling model that adds effects for reduced pneumatic PSI and the rotational friction within the engine casing. Please observe pneumatic PSI limits during engine starts!34) New engine windmilling model to realistically reflect in flight condition of non functioning engine.35) New Electric Engine Control unit model more realistically models engine control/performance reporting.36) New Sound Resource Library for aircraft/cockpit/ambient sounds.37) New General Electric Engine Internal/External Sound Library.38) New Rolls Royce Engine Internal/External Sound Library.39) New Pratt & Whitney Engine Internal/External Sound Library.40) New Chapter 0 INTRODUCTION41) New Chapter 1 Takeoff w/GE-RR-PW performance tables.42) New Chapter 2 Cruise Planning w/GE-RR-PW performance tables.43) New Chapter 12 FMC Users Guide44) New Chapter 13 "PMDG747-400/PMDG747-400F Differences" chapter.45) New VNAV Descent Model. During cruise descent (CRZ DES) and Descend Now (DES NOW), active modes will be THR/VNAV SPD. The Autoflight system will initially command approximately 1200 ft/min descent rate and then the A/T servos will be disconnected (HOLD mode). NOTE: Requires A/T override ON in PMDG Options.46) New VNAV Approach module allows more accurate approach mode capability.(better simulation of actual aircraft behavior based upon Boeing/Pilot feedback) 47) New FLCH module. FLCH can be engaged with Autothrottle OFF if desired. For FLCH descent behavior, see #45, behaviors same.48) New DES NOW model based on manufacturers data for transition between cruise flight and DES NOW behavior.48) New Autopilot disconnect behavior. If A/P is disconnected with both Flight Directors off, then all MCP lights will go out. Subsequently no pitch/roll mode can be engaged. Autothrottle in this case, if active, will revert to SPD mode.49) New IRS drift mathematics in accordance with manufacturers data on IRS drift. Normal IRS drift for modern IRS equipment is approximately 0.3-0.6 miles after a 6hour flight.50) New Auto-Bank-Limiting model for VNAV climbs at slow speed and with flaps extended.51) New Pneumatic Pressure model to support new engine start logic. Pneumatic pressure based upon manufacturer data and new demand based bleed pressure control logic.52) Added VECTORS capability for FMC if "VECTORS" is included in terminal procedure. NOTE: The 747-400 does not allow "VECTORS" to be programmed into the FMC by the crew. VECTORS are part of terminal procedures database entries loaded by maintenance.53) Added logic for EEC based display of EGT/OIL TEMP depending on correct EEC logic and/or EEC power available.54) New ASSUMED TEMP range model. Adjusted range of allowed temperature derates.55) New LNAV Path Capture model based upon Boeing/Pilot feedback.56) New LNAV DIRECT-TO model based upon Boeing/Pilot feedback. New model prevents circular DIRECT-TO capture errors and occasional erroneous turn errors in LNAV.57) New Waypoint conformal positioning logic: More accurately places waypoints along calculated flight track. Along-Track waypoints, for example are correctly placed along the track projection.58) New dynamic prediction model to project/correct flight track drawing routines associated with speed restricted waypoints and turns at less than minimum clean speed.59) New Takeoff Speed Qualification Logic. If SEL TEMP or selected flap setting is changed on TAKEOFF REF page in FMC/CDU, logic will delete takeoff speeds and show "Takeoff SPDS DELETED." This logic based upon manufacturers data requires user to re-confirm takeoff speeds.60) New "End of Route" Calculation process based upon manufacturers data.61) New APU Start/Core engine module. New APU model places accurate power resource load on standby buses to "blank" equipment on the flight deck during starts, and APU bleed pressure modulation is accurate based upon manufacturers specifications. NOTE: Bleed pressure provided by APU is not linear, and is adjusted based upon load demand and bleed/pack use configuration.62) New NAI/WAI logic based upon manufacturer/pilot feedback. NAI bleed source and operational limitations implemented, as well as WAI valve control logic to ensure correct behavior of WAI is armed prior to departure and activates after takeoff. New NAI/WAI modules required to capitalize on new Pneumatic module as implemented above.63) New GO-AROUND logic implemented in order to correctly parse/fly missed approach procedures as programmed. Behavior validated by manufacturers data/pilots.BEHAVIORS UPDATED FOR PMDG 747-400/400F=======================================1) A/T disconnect behavior updated: automatic EICAS warning + beeper auto removal disabled.2) Updated behavior to use transition altitude for descent planning phase during cruise.3) Updated cabin pressurization module based upon manufacturers data/pilot feedback.4) "GPS" indication on ND CTR MAP position adjusted based upon pilot feedback.5) Departure airport now shows correct color when initially selected.6) Minor page layout/text updates to CDU.7) Updated Ground Power/Air so that they will remain disconnected after pushback. NOTE: If Ground Power/Air is selected ON in the PMDG/GENERAL/OPTIONS menu, you will receive pneumatic pressure and EXTERNAL POWER.8) Updated Wind entries so that they are not deleted after Direct-To9) Inherited speed target not deleted after dto in descent.10) Converted OFFPATH DES and POS REPORT entries on CDU to **unused**11) Smoothed AP during path capture and VS changes.12) Updated RTO switch logic to accurately reflect manufacturers data/pilot feedback.13) Updated sound logic and PMDG/Options sound menu effectiveness.14) Updated lower EICAS ECS display to eliminate "ghost" flow lines and flow line artifacts when loading a saved flight.15) Updated textures in 747-400F VC for quality.16) Updated STBY PWR logic for MAIN AC STBY and APU AC STBY buses in order to support improved APU start cycle/process.17) Updated MAIN AC STBY power dependency on STBY PWR switch.18) Updated electrical bus assignments for numerous flight deck items19) Updated Hydraulic ADP1/ADP4 pneumatic air source logic to correctly reflect their plumbing to the left/right pneumatic systems respectively.20) Updated flap speed markings to correctly display only higher flap settings during takeoff.21) Numerous computational efficiencies achieved in order to improve FPS and reduce processing load during complex VNAV/path calculations.22) Adjusted EEC/ADC barometric pressure feed to prevent pilot barometric adjustment within MSFS from impacting FMS computation of takeoff performance.Our goal with The PMDG 747-400F is to bring you the "other side" of the 747-400 operating experience. I think we have largely succeeded, with unique 747-400F instrumentation, animated cargo loads and all the new bells and whistles under the hood!To answer a few common questions that you guys have asked during previous updates:-> If you install the 400F, all of the new features that aren't unique to the 400F airplane are available in your passenger configured airplanes as well! (example: New engine models/displays cover the entire Queen of the Skies product line, but only the 400F airplanes will have the digital ISFD)-> Although we are currently not announcing any updates for PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies users who are not interested in the 400F Expansion package, we are going to make the new sound libraries available for these customers to download if they are interested... This may help those customers who have reported "static" on their sound cards when using the PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies.We are very pleased with the depth and breadth of the PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies product line, and the PMDG 747-400F Cargo Expansion really brings the entire experience up to another level. We hope you will be as excited about this new product as we are- and we'll do our best to get her into your hangar this weekend!Thanks again for all of your support of PMDG for the past 8+ years... We hope to keep expanding your simulator experience!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest Matthias1975

So when will you hand it out to Aerosoft for a boxed version?? :-jumpySounds really amazing!!!

This is incredible. However, just my luck, I have 3 weekend classes in a semester. Guess which weekend my last session falls on, yup this one, guess I will only be able to dream about the F till I am fininshed.x( Mabye I should install FS9 on may laptop I take to school.;) Thanks guys. You are the best Sim Co. around by a long shot. Keep up the good work and I will keep buyin. :-) :-) :-)

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest Jeff Berman

Cool :(

>This has become almost a standalone simulator within a>simulator. Quite amazing the attention to detail. I shall>enjoy every minute I'm sure !>>David Miles>(Airbus)Almost? :D ;)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com