Sign in to follow this  
Guest bigun

Frame Rates In VC

Guest bigun

Great job on the F version as usual guys. Only thing I see is that as a couple of others have posted, the framerates in the VC of the F version are about half or less of the passenger version. I don't usually even look at frame rates because my new system simply doesn't move from the locked setting (25). With the F version, I noticed that in the VC all the scenery outside the window looked like a slide show. Checked framerates and they were 8-11. With the passenger version (after update to F version) the rates stay at the locked 25. I don't think it's a "not enough horsepower" issue.New system:FX 60 Dual Core2 gigs ramGTX 7800 512FS on seperate Raptor driveGotta say, this is the first add-on that's been able to tax this setup at all.

Bigun it's not your system. I have a similar setup as yours, using 4800+ instead of 60. Other than that we have matching systems and the reason you're experiencing poor frame rates is due to the fs2004 grahpics engine limitations, not your system limitations.- Tim

Guest hjsim

Hello George,I've got exactly the same problem :( and I can't find why...For sure, is not about any scenery's because with the pax version we don't have this trouble...Regards,

Guest bigun

Hi Tim,Yes but I'm just not sure it is not something specific to the F version. Like I say, frame rates are pegged at lock point with everything else, including the passenger version of the 747. No biggy but maybe there the PMDG wizards can come up with something.

Same issue here too...

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Guest ha5mvo

Ditto!Frames are fine when its C&D, but there's a significant drop when the systems become alive ( VC only).I found that minimizing the window (alt+tab) helps, but only for a while.changing the framerate settings in the PMDG menu also changed very little.2D works fine in that respect.//Michael

Guest UPS009

Same issue here.Dan Moore

Thought I was the only one. Odd since the pax version gives me the best VC rates of any add-on. I have a good system so I was surprised.

>Ditto!>Frames are fine when its C&D, but there's a significant drop>when the systems become alive ( VC only).>I found that minimizing the window (alt+tab) helps, but only>for a while.>changing the framerate settings in the PMDG menu also changed>very little.>2D works fine in that respect.>>//MichaelSame here. The -400F really smacks down my system when the cockpit is alive, both in 2D and VC. I get 10-12 FPS, with no AI.P4 650 3.4GHz HT @ 4Ghz liquid cooling2Gb DDR2 RAMGeForce 7800 GTX 512Regards

Pedro Lima
"The sky is the home of birds... we are just guests... guests of honor" Peter Besenyei
"...redundancy is very important in aviation; that is why airplanes have 2 wings instead of 1!" M.S.A.Q.
My videos

Guest andyman

I bet it is the opening nose....

Guest aarskringspier

I reported this last night. The Pax version runs smooth as silk and is always reliable in the FPS departemnt. The 400F is abysmal Im unable to break over the single digits. its only in the F everything is fine. Im not sure what it is but Im definitley a little bummed about it.

Exactly same problem here :-zhelp

Regards,

Radek

Guest rader

Same hereJohn..