Sign in to follow this  
Guest bigun

Frame Rates In VC

VC FR on the -F is noticeably lower than the PAX version for some reason.PatAMD A64 4000+ @ 2.6GHz, Zalman7700Cu cooler, Corsair XMS 1GB DDR, LTK6800GT-OC, Asus A8V MoBo, WDRaptor10KrpmHDD, TrackIR4, CH FSYoke + TQ, XP-hsp2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Guest bigun

Just tried something and it helped tremendously.Go to the PMDG options menu and under Display Rates Tuning, drop the FPS on the VC all the way to the left (thinkk that's 5 FPS) No stutters now in the F version. Don't know why the F impacts but the passenger doesn't. Maybe the LED number displays on the MCP?Again, not concerned about the framerates, this just took the "slideshow" away.

Guest SteveK

George,Unfortunatley, I have only read this thread now, but I too am having the same problem as yourself, and by the looks of things, everybody else.I was constantly flying the Bosing 747 today, switching between the pax version, and the -F version just to figure out why this was happening.Although I don't have a system quite like your's, I have also had the FS-GS treatment with Michael, and my pax version of the Queen runs just fine.I am sure that the PMDG staff will pay attention to this problem, and hopefully have a permanent fix for it soon. I am definitely thinking that it may have something to do with the LCD or digital displays on the MCP.I will try what you have suggested and see what happens. Will this make a large impact on the smoothness of the VC guages?For the PMDG guys, this is mostly happening in VC mode compared to the pax version, although I have noticed a general impact when flying the -F version, even from spot view.My system specs are as follows:AMD 64 3000 (2.1GHz)1GB PC4000 RAMNVidia 6800GT 256MBrunning FS on a seperate 160GB HDDLike I said, the 747 pax runs VERY well on my system, this problem is only with the -F version.Thanks for the tremendous hard work and support PMDG. You guys can take a well earned rest for a few days. ;) Cheers,

hi All,same VC performance probs. here as well. performance in the Pax VC was much better last time i flew her (just yesterday). maybe it's just me here but it seems as though there "may" be a slight degredation in the image quality of the VC (especially at night) since installing the 400F. also, the textures in the 2d and VC are taking a smidge longer to load in both the Pax & 400F. btw, for me anyway, the "Panning" in the VC (Pax & 400F) is not as smooth since installing the 400F. HD was defragged and Scan Disk was ran before and after 400F installation. happy flyin, Tim WheelerP4 3.4 (478)Asus P4C800-E Deluxe2GB PC3200 RAM ATI X850XT PE (AGP)CAT 5.10'sSB Audigy2 ZSDX9.0cWINXP SP2PMDG 747 Queen & Cargo

Guest oliver mcrae

It may sound strange but my Frames are actually better in the VC of the F compared to that of the PAX.

yep, same problem here. VC is pretty tough on framerates, averaging about 14, where I usually get 24 in the pax version under the same circumstances.She looks great though, well done PMDG :)

Guest zteve

Ditto, same issue here. 8-9 fps with the -F, 25+ with the pax version.Steve Marsh

Oh dear, me too. On average, i loose 8-10 fps off the PAX version. Even if doing a switch 'on the fly'. What a shame. Can't really use the VC without stutters and slide show.Phil Symonds

With Heathrow Pro (last version) I get the hilariant 6-8 FPS in 2D and barely the same in VC, even with scenery complexity set to normal and autogen set to sparse. No AI. I also disable the 2nd virtual CPU in the task manager but with no results.I'm using ASv6 and regarding another top add-ons I own, I dont blame my system as they all run fine and smooth. Now, will it be necessary a 10GHz CPU and 8Gb RAM to run this baby with at least 20 FPS?Is it the quality of PMDG products proportionaly inverse to the FPS?:-lol Now seriously, I dont want a slideshow freighter!Regards ;)My system.P4 650 3.4GHz HT @ 4Ghz liquid cooling2Gb DDR2 RAMGeForce 7800 GTX 512

Pedro Lima
"The sky is the home of birds... we are just guests... guests of honor" Peter Besenyei
"...redundancy is very important in aviation; that is why airplanes have 2 wings instead of 1!" M.S.A.Q.
My videos

Guest Tom C.

Strange to see so many with FPS issues, although there was some with the original 744 aswell if I recall correctly.No problems for me in 2D or VC with everything to max, and I wouldn't class my system as aything spectacular.CPU : AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 2.2 GHz Socket 939, 512KB cacheVideo : nVidia GeForce 6600GT 128MBRAM : TwinMOS PC3200 DDR-DIMM 1024MB Dual Pack Kit w/two matched PC3200 DDR DIMMsDisplay Resolution : 1024x768x32

Guest aarskringspier

Im glad you dont have any issues but that really doesnt solve anything for those of us that do :)

Guest Martin123

ditosame here.cargo is a problempax is finecould it be the "nose"? it is huge and in flight not really necessary.(for the VC of course ;-) )cuMartin

>Im glad you dont have any issues but that really doesnt solve>anything for those of us that do :)Well said that man. My thought precisely.Phil 'Dougal' Symonds

Guest SteveK

Oooops... Bumpety Bump!!!Any news from PMDG about this issue?Thanks.