Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 747-400/400F Type Rating Course Lesson 1

Thank you Capt. Randazzo appreciate all your hard work- Joe

>Captain Randazzo,>>Thanks a lot for long-awaited Type Rating Cource! I have>enjoyably begun to learne the Lesson 1.>>Does "Expanded Procedures" checklist on the page 1-4 mean the>Chapter 5: Normal Procedures?>>Sincerely,>>Kan-ichiro FushiharaHi Kan-ichiro! I understood that "Expanded/Normal Proceedures" are the same thing. I was confused about that as well... but, I am confused about most things these days. :DMurray Wheten

Guest svedman

Thank you so much for this, I can't wait for lesson two!Great job, Mr. Randazzo, I really appreciate it. Happy Easter!Best regards,

Kan-ichiro:AH- I may have used the workds "EXPANDED" and "NORMAL" interchangeably. That's the problem with having worked at too many airlines- you find interchangeable terms that aren't. :-)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest RFDS Pilot

WOW simply wow guys.... thank you so much..Ben Nancarrow

Guest kame

Dear Murray and Robert,Thank you for your prompt replies. I understand and have been relieved. Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushiharas

Guest diskus

Thats a great lesson, especially adding all the reasoning behind the procedures!one thing ; right at the end it asks to be sure to set all air conditioning packs to AUTO. shouldnt that be NORM? Thanks for all that hard workMike B

Guest JTEK99

>Thats a great lesson, especially adding all the reasoning>behind the procedures!I couldn't agree more. This is *exactly* what is ALWAYS missing from so many tutorials and manuals: the reasoning.I mean... so what if you know that you have to open the APU bleed valve? Just knowing that you HAVE to do it merely means you're a monkey following instructions. But knowing WHY such a procedure is necessary makes all the difference in the world; it seriously helps you understand the complex mechanism known as a modern "commercial aircraft" all the better.I recently picked up Mike Ray's much-vaunted "How to Fly the Boeing 700 Series Flight Sims", and it's a great book for beginners and intermediate simmers alike. Illustrated nicely and with some tongue-and-cheek, light-hearted humor that helps one follow along on FMC programming, flight procedures, etc. Yet, interestingly, at bottom it's just a better illustrated manual in many respects since it doesn't explain the *reasoning* behind many of the procedures. For instance, if it's for "beginners" with no knowledge of the 737, you shouldn't merely tell the reader: "O.K... Now press the POS INIT button, next press the INIT REF button...", etc. without telling them what the heck "POS INIT" means (and I don't mean simply expanding the lettering... I mean explaining why you need to initialize the navigational system). It doesn't do this, unfortunately, so I don't know why it's considered to be so brilliant.Anyway.. kudos to the author of this most recent tutorial. MUCH MUCH obliged!

Guest kame

Hi,Is this book 'Flying the Boeing 700 Series Flight Simulators' by Mike Ray?Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Mike-Automatically one should assume that the NORMal setting is Auto- unless it is automatically described as normal...Realy- i wasn't confused. :-)(yes- NORM, not auto...LOL)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest kame

Dear Robert,Minor problems:Frequently, BTD (Back To Desktop?) has occurred when push a button STAT of the EICAS MCP under the battery power only. I have avoided this trouble with assigning the short cut keys of 'Ctrl+s'.In 'PMDG 744 TRC Lesson 1.FLT', the Distance of the Spot plane on VIEW OPTIONS is -343. Why or how negative???Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

>I couldn't agree more. This is *exactly* what is ALWAYS>missing from so many tutorials and manuals: the reasoning.>>I mean... so what if you know that you have to open the APU>bleed valve? Just knowing that you HAVE to do it merely means>you're a monkey following instructions. But knowing WHY such>a procedure is necessary makes all the difference in the>worldYep, this is why it's called the "Type Course" and not a "Tutorial" or "Walkthrough." Real pilots aren't just following a checklist or performing memorized functions, they understand exactly what everything does and why. They have to, because when something goes wrong, that's the only way you can troubleshoot and improvise to solve a problem.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest kame

Dear Robert,We have talked about this problems before:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...=106940&page=15After saving the state at Startup 1-7 LIGHTING PANEL, it's a little inconvenient that the APU is off and the LOGO lights is away off when I load this state.I think it's a better to save the situation at the completion of Lesson 1.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Thanks Robert!When can we expect some information on future products from PMDG? I thougt you would bring us that information last week, but I may have misunderstood you.Anyway, keep up the good work! :-)

Marius S