Sign in to follow this  
Chaos81

The PMDG MD11 - Virtual Cockpit Preview

Guest Ipaq_man

Vince,As much as the pictures you posted look good , I am not even slightly impressed.You see , the pictures were taken from the drawing board from one of the gfx design programs , so it must look good.however as soon as you capture the same screen shot from the ACTUAL simulator , the image quality shall decrease and the cockpit should would like much less impressive.

Guest woottsbj25

Now THAT, my friends, is a FANTASTIC VC. I don't fly from the VC normally, but that is fantastic.>I think these pics are the consecuence of the previous>discussion about new photos of the MD11. the images are really>beautifull but i think it is better waiting for a complete VC>with functional gauges photobook than seeing a half of the>glareschield and the pedestal with these blanked>displays....we have to be more patient. And you PMDG, take>your time, we all are your customers and proudly supporters.>>OH...and as allways, sorry for my english..oops...>>Carlos G-R. SPAIN. (LESO)My mouth almost hit the floor when I read this post - this just proves the impossiblity of add-on developers to get anything right. They are INUNDATED with people asking them to release a few screenshots to update them with the progress (which I do support, in a way...). As soon as they release a fantastic progress report like this, they get posts from the other side telling them that they shouldn't be releasing pictures until the final product.GIVE THEM A REST GUYS! I'm sorry if I sound at all rude, but things like this REALLY rub me up the wrong way. You can't tell a company how to run their business, especially when they are producing fantastic quality products like this. Of course, you are entitled to your opinions, and I think you should feel free to post them on the forum, but PLEASE don't start TELLING them (and yes, that's what the above poster was doing - "And you PMDG, take your time") what to do and how to run it.PMDG - Personally, I think you're doing a great job - keep up the hard work and carry on exactly how you had planned, releasing progress reports whenever you feel like it.*Gets off soapbox*

Well Tom...excuse me. It is only my opinion. Best regards.Carlos. Leso (Spain)

Lee, that sounds like it might have hurt a bit.

Guest BMI701EGCC

i have an idea.......why not have two sets of VC textures....a "used" look,a "straight out of the factory" lookim sure this would go down well with everybody, but this may take alot of man hours?just my $0.02

Guest captaingrice

Very nice work indeed.

Guest Boone

>why not have two sets of VC textures....>>a "used" look,>>a "straight out of the factory" look>>>im sure this would go down well with everybody, but this may>take alot of man hours?I'm sure one of the talented freeware painters might do this after the release. Personally the texturing in these screenshots is the most realistic VC texturing I have ever seen. With FSX around the corner and this MD11 we are on the verge of a whole new level of flight sim immersion. Thanks PMDG, you are in a league of your own!Cheers,(SONIC) BooneCurrently saving pennies for a new pooter for FSX (don't tell the misses!)

i have to admit:i didnt like your 737then.. your 747 came out, and i started to change my oppinion about youbut THIS changed it definatly: AWESOME WORK! love the dirty textures, compared to the 737 this is a huge improvement, really really looking forward to the final product, i hope you post more shots (especially of the exteriour) soon ;)hats off! :-eek

Guest andyman

>i have an idea.......>why not have two sets of VC textures....>a "used" look,>a "straight out of the factory" look>im sure this would go down well with everybody, but this may take >alot of man hours?>just my $0.02Meh i bet it would just be a few different textures, slightly adjusted to hint the plane's age.I like that idea alot.

Guest aarskringspier

>i have to admit:>i didnt like your 737>>then.. your 747 came out, and i started to change my oppinion>about you>but THIS changed it definatly: AWESOME WORK! love the dirty>textures, compared to the 737 this is a huge improvement,>really really looking forward to the final product, i hope you>post more shots (especially of the exteriour) soon ;)>>hats off! :-eekSure its an improvment over the 737 since it was designed for FS2002 but the 37 is still one of the best add ons ever for FS9. I still fly it more than anything else.

Hi PMDG,ABSOLUTLY STUNNINGGreat Artwork but to bad ,now i can`t wait any more.......keep it upcheers to all from the Team !!regardsMario G

Guest woottsbj25

>Well Tom...excuse me. It is only my opinion. >>Best regards.>>Carlos. Leso (Spain)And, as I stated, you are entitled to that opinion, and feel free to post about it. But what really gets me is when you categorically TELL them what to do. I feel you should just accept what is happening - try to think of it from the developers' point of view, in that they cannot please everybody at once; far from it, in fact.I'm sorry if I sounded a little harsh.EDIT - Addition

Guest rabbitcancer

Yeah Baby!!!