Sign in to follow this  
cowpatz

Heathrow to Los Angeles RW flight

Hi Guys,I will be operating an Air New Zealand 747 flight from EGLL to KLAX tomorrow and thought that it might be a good opportunity for you to follow our progress on Flight tracker etc and/or to have your questions answered with regards to the specifics of this flight.The flight details are as follows:FLt No. Air New Zealand NZ001 (sometimes ANZ1 with ATC systems)Depart 6th July 1615 Local or 1515 GMT (UTC)Shed Flt time 11hr 15 minArrival KLAX 1930 6th July localI will try to collect as much info as possible ie TOW fuel burn etc.Please post any specific questions you have asap so that I can check them out. The last opportunity I will have to check the forum is 1100 UTC.CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

Guest diskus

I would be interested to hear your route if possible, and a recap afterwards of unexpected issues or changes.does anyone have a good site to track this flight over its entire route?ThanksMike

Hi Steve, it would be great to know what approach you're flying to LAX and how you flew it. Also I'm curious to know where VNAV places your T/D on the real a/c. and how ATC handled the approach. Thanks! Joe Colao

Guest adl320

Steve,Great idea! I would be interested in knowing what CI you used for the flight. Do you guys use a "general range" or is it computer generated by dispatch for each flight.

Steve:I won't be able to follow but I will look forward to anything you report on the flight. With guys like you around this hobby just gets better and better......ThanksRick

Guest allblack

Outstanding!Cheers Steve. Can't wait for more to follow...Flight plan would be great! I'm also keen to get RW plans for NZ domestic routes, if you can help with that.CheersTimNZWN

Tim, PM me if you want any real world routes, I can sort you out from there.Cheers

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest D17S

Just saw ANZ1 launch out of LAX for NZAA. Looks like ya

Guest allblack

flightawarenot sure of URL try www. in front with a .com at the end....only one i know off

Aaron I can answer that one now. We normally use a low cost index of 50 due to the high fuel costs (I see today it went up to $75 per barrel thanks tio the Nth Koreans.On the Atlantic flights the despatcher runs a CI 100 plan. This gives a cruise speed of approx M.85. You have to fly the Atlantic at a constant Mach number and for this we nomintae M.85. Our flight planning computer cannot do both a CI and fixed mach number plan at the same time so we settle for a CI of 100 on this leg. Hope that makes sense.CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

Will do Sam.I only hope we get a GE powered machine and not an RR.We came across the other day on NAT track V. Going back will most likely be a random route and coming down thru Nth Canada on the NCA's.Will most likely be the Civet arrival onto RWY 24L. We use Terminal 2 at KLAX. If we go well to the West state side it could be a Sadde arrival down over Santa Monica.I will try to gather as much info as possible.It was interesting going into LA the other day. Smooth landing but no auto spoiler on Touch down or with REV selected. Logged it but had the usual "Gnd test satis unable to reproduce". Areoplanes can be a little like the windows operating system and do some odd things at times!CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

Guest benhoffman

Air New Zealand 747-400 CI is 100 or 50 to Australia.Came from a set of ANZ -400 crew NOTAMs dated 11/2005 I got off the Captain of ZK-NBU

Very rare to find a CI 100 plan other than the Atlantic these days Ben. For late running we can do a CI 300 plan but in these times of high fuel prices it would be a rare event indeed.CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

Hi steve, a stupid question, base on your situation(weight, speed..), if none of your crew realized the auto spoiler is not working, what would be the consequences? I ask this question because I never check the spoiler is up after touched down, I just assume it does.thanksben

Guest D17S

FSBUILD FLIGHT PLANFLT REL IFR D17 EGLL/KLAX MACH 86 A/C B747-400 PMDGFUEL TIME CORR TOGWT LDGWT AVG W/CTAXI 001335 0015 . . . . 809146 520667 M030DEST KLAX 288479 1109 . . . .RESV 015000 0045 . . . .ALTN 000000 0000 . . . . ALTN KLGB DIST 14HOLD 005000 0015 . . . .EXTRA 006667 0020 . . . . ZFW 494000 PAYLOAD 100000TTL AT TO 315146 1229 . . . . DIST 4880REQD 316481 1244 . . . .CLB BIAS 0.0 % CRZ BIAS 0.0 % DSC BIAS 0.0 %EGLL BUZAD SID DCT WELIN T420 TNT UL28 RODOL UP6 MIMKU 5816N 6125N 6334N 6445N6456N 6368N 6279N 6089N YYQ J539 POLLE J539 YYN J530 GGRBI J7 REO J7 DERBB SADDE6KLAX/1109Position report 03:30Z Still about 2 hours out. At waypoint LKT with 83K remaining. Forecast KLAX with 51.6 Flight plan had predicted 26K remaining with a 30 knot headwind component. I had AS6 plugged in with real world winds. Right now I have a 50 knot wind on the nose, but a 20 wind component would be more the average for the trip. Overall this looks very good. The flight planned and the actual results are just about as predicted.If I was a little more ambitious, AS6 gave me preflight wind predictions at every waypoint. I could have plugged these into the FMC and had a better gauge of the realism available. Had problems with the NAT. The ANZ 1 EGLL / KLAX flight never popped up on Flightaware. I was hoping to just cut and paste in that flight plan when it came up. Finally, I just let FSBuild go at it with