Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

Anyone still getting out of memory errors with the 744?...

Hey Al,I guess the logical thing for me to do would be to switch KSEA back to my default start location and see if the same flights that have been resulting in an OOM to KSEA now work... Duh, that is simple. Like everyone else, it will take me a few days...Very unlike Newegg, especially with a rush order and an existing customer number. Oh well, one day wont kill me and we are all getting started again after the turn of the year anyway. I dropped them a quick email to tell them I was disappointed, no biggie. They are still the best hands down.-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I am also having OOM issues with the PMDG 744. Specifically i have had two replicatable issues in the last year. About 12 months ago i had the first incident at EDDF (aerosoft) and then over the new years weekend I had the second OOM incident on a TNCM to KSEA flight. Both of the these OOMs occurred on night flights while on short final. I was able to refly both flights in the day time with no issues. I don't have UT installed, but i do have USA roads. I also have Holger's Cascade mountain scenery installed (I forget the name) and Emma Field. System Specs: Intel 3.6Ghz 2 Gigs PC 3200 DDR 400mgz RAMNvidia GeForce 4600TI 128MB4gig fixed size page file (4gig min & 4gig max)So after doing some research in the forums I decided to start by using filemon to see what the problem is. The first problem I noticed was some Eaglesoft AI aircraft calling for different night lighting effects that didn't exist. I bought an AI package from Eaglesoft with the ESDG premier and the ESDP 400, these were originally released as flyable aircraft and then the AI versions were released. The AI configs contain cabin and panel lighting effect lines, but those effects weren't included in the AI package. As a work around I copied some files from the default lear and renamed them to the files FS wants to see. I also notice FS is trying to find a file called DBS Viewpoint.ini (i use DBS Walk and FOLLOW). I created an empy ini file and name it DBS Viewpoint.ini So after creating the files that FS was looking for I don't have anymore substantial (100 queries in 10 secs) errors in filemon.Prior to using filemon my normal page file usage would be around 950mb. It would stay at that level from TNCM all the way to around 200 miles east of KSEA then the page file would grow to b/w 1.95 and 2.20gigs. After my attempted fix my page file usage was at its normal 950mb all the way to the 200 mile mark then it grew to 1.45gigs. Unfortunately while repeating the flight to see if the OOM was solved the sim crashed when I was on my downwind leg. This was just a CTD not an OOM, and I do think the CTD happened because I was running the sim at 4x and I kept swithing back and forth from the sim to my desktop to check the memory usage. The bottom line though seems to be that while my situation has improved a bit, (i seem to be maxing out at 1.45Gigs of pagefgile use instead of the 2gigs before I made the changes). However since I am going from 980mb pagefile at takeoff to 1.45gigs at landing something is still causing a leak. So back to the drawing board, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've done the preliminary steps looking for duplicated AFCADs, looking for empty texture folders, etc. thanks all - richard

Hi,I have just seen this thread after being directed here when discussing my problems with others....I have used the PMDG Queen since it came out and fly online mostly with it. I have been experiencing the dreaded " .. flight simulator has run out of available memory and will shut down - run diskcleanup .... " for the last six weeks or so - never before. Now after four flights lasting about 2-3 hours or so, I get this usually on short final or just after landing. It is highly frustrating!!I have no Ultimate Terrain installed. I fly online with ActiveSky 6.5, SB3 (VATSIM), ServInfo and the PMDG 744 (British Airways paint). This has come to a head recently after the FlyIn to Tallinn (EETN) airport in Estonia last week. I have reflown this flight three times now with changes to the scenery and I have the same problem at about the same time - interestingly during darkness hours when I arrive. Today I flew to EFHK (Helsinki) to se if it was just the airport at EETN that caused it but no, same problem just after landing - and it occured as I changed views to spot plane.Some people think it is a mesh problem. Mesh sceneries should NOT have a Texture folder in them, only scenery. Having a texture folder can cause memory leaks. I found three such folders (empty of course) and removed them. No change. I have now removed the mesh terrain and still have the problem.My advice so far is that WindowsXP disk cleanup/defrag is pretty useless and if you want to maximise space on the drive (as the error message would lead you to believe) then you need a proper disk tool to do the job properly.My next idea is to go and get a second internal hard disk and place FS2004 on that drive - this ensurws that the swap file is not on the same drive as FS9 which is, I'm told a better solution.Any ideas or comments about solving this would be appreciated.cheers,

Lee James
Desktop Pilot - www.virtualairlinepilot.org

Instagram - virtualairlinepilot_lee
Check out my Adventure Videos & FS Reviews on YouTube at VirtualAirlinePilot !

spacer.png

Guest SKireyev

I used to have constant issues (as psolk remembers, perhaps) of the same exact nature as described here. It would always happen on descent into Heathrow, at about 400-500 AGL, 2d view, during the day or night... Happened once switching views to spot at FlyTampa's Midway (first time ever), and once, switching views at KJFK. I have since uninstalled UT, and have never looked back, and never had another OOM. Surprisingly I was having an OOM with a Flight1 Commander with the glass cockpit, even after 30 min. of flight. Another fluke that I just didn't want to deal with. Just like glitches with graphics with newer Nvidia drivers.

Guest Savage

Well, I don't *normally* get physical crashes, but on long hauls, my system runs out of memory completely to such a extent that the entire PC becomes unresponsive... To get the jargon out of the way, AMD AM2 5200+, 2GB DDR2-800, and I mainly use Ground Environment Pro, and Active Sky. For my tests below, no add-ons was running - just the queen.... What is bothering me however... With the BA Livery (I'll double check with some other ones as well), I'm getting errors straight from PMDG on files that does not exist, or the Sim looking for the files at the wrong places?362770 06:51:59.218 FS9.EXE:3080 QUERY INFORMATION D:GamesFS2004PMDG_747400_Main.GAU NOT FOUND Attributes: Error 362771 06:51:59.218 FS9.EXE:3080 QUERY INFORMATION D:GamesFS2004PMDG_747400_Main.GAU NOT FOUND Attributes: Error 362772 06:51:59.218 FS9.EXE:3080 QUERY INFORMATION D:GamesFS2004PMDG_747400_Main.GAU NOT FOUND Attributes: Error 362773 06:51:59.218 FS9.EXE:3080 QUERY INFORMATION D:GamesFS2004PMDG_747400_Main.GAU NOT FOUND Attributes: Error 362774 06:51:59.218 FS9.EXE:3080 QUERY INFORMATION D:GamesFS2004PMDG_747400_Main.GAU NOT FOUND Attributes: Error 362775 06:51:59.218 FS9.EXE:3080 QUERY INFORMATION D:GamesFS2004PMDG_747400_Main.GAU NOT FOUND Attributes: Error 362776 06:51:59.218 FS9.EXE:3080 QUERY INFORMATION D:GamesFS2004PMDG_747400_Main.GAU NOT FOUND Attributes: Error 362777 06:51:59.218 FS9.EXE:3080 QUERY INFORMATION D:GamesFS2004PMDG_747400_Main.GAU NOT FOUND Attributes: Error 362778 06:51:59.218 FS9.EXE:3080 QUERY INFORMATION D:GamesFS2004PMDG_747400_Main.GAU NOT FOUND Attributes: Error 362779 06:51:59.218 FS9.EXE:3080 QUERY INFORMATION D:GamesFS2004PMDG_747400_Main.GAU NOT FOUND Attributes: Error*surely*, it should look at D:GamesFS2004PMDG747400_Main.GAU (Which, does exist). Why / What would cause this???? Also, the overhead panel... 362954 06:51:59.406 FS9.EXE:3080 QUERY INFORMATION D:GamesFS2004PMDG_747400_Overhead.GAU NOT FOUND Attributes: Error 362955 06:51:59.406 FS9.EXE:3080 QUERY INFORMATION D:GamesFS2004PMDG_747400_Overhead.GAU NOT FOUND Attributes: Error 362956 06:51:59.406 FS9.EXE:3080 QUERY INFORMATION D:GamesFS2004PMDG_747400_Overhead.GAU NOT FOUND Attributes: Error 362957 06:51:59.406 FS9.EXE:3080 QUERY INFORMATION D:GamesFS2004PMDG_747400_Overhead.GAU NOT FOUND Attributes: Error Files from the BA Livery that it is not getting... 708396 07:01:05.062 FS9.EXE:3080 QUERY INFORMATION D:GamesFS2004AIRCRAFTPMDG747-400sound.RRjcrash1.WAV NOT FOUND Attributes: Error 708397 07:01:05.062 FS9.EXE:3080 QUERY INFORMATION D:GamesFS2004AIRCRAFTPMDG747-400sound.RR.CAB NOT FOUND Attributes: Error 708399 07:01:05.062 FS9.EXE:3080 QUERY INFORMATION D:GamesFS2004AIRCRAFTPMDG747-400sound.RRjcrash2.WAV NOT FOUND Attributes: Error 708400 07:01:05.062 FS9.EXE:3080 QUERY INFORMATION D:GamesFS2004AIRCRAFTPMDG747-400sound.RR.CAB NOT FOUND Attributes: Error 708402 07:01:05.062 FS9.EXE:3080 QUERY INFORMATION D:GamesFS2004AIRCRAFTPMDG747-400sound.RRjcrash3.WAV NOT FOUND Attributes: Error 708403 07:01:05.062 FS9.EXE:3080 QUERY INFORMATION D:GamesFS2004AIRCRAFTPMDG747-400sound.RR.CAB NOT FOUND Attributes: Error 708405 07:01:05.062 FS9.EXE:3080 QUERY INFORMATION D:GamesFS2004AIRCRAFTPMDG747-400sound.RRbncrash1.WAV NOT FOUND Attributes: Error 708406 07:01:05.062 FS9.EXE:3080 QUERY INFORMATION D:GamesFS2004AIRCRAFTPMDG747-400sound.RR.CAB NOT FOUND Attributes: Error 708408 07:01:05.062 FS9.EXE:3080 QUERY INFORMATION D:GamesFS2004AIRCRAFTPMDG747-400sound.RRbncrash2.WAV NOT FOUND Attributes: ErrorThe list really goes on and on... ? This may be nothing, it might not be. But there must be a reason why the Queen (and only the Queen) brings my system to a standstill... :( --Chris

Are any of you guys able to get this sort of error with NOTHING else besides our 744 installed? I'm serious, a raw fresh FS9 install (+ the 9.1 patch) our 744, and FSUIPC - nothing else at all (no SB, ActiveSky etc). If someone can do this we'd be interested in hearing about it...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Savage

Will do so *just* for you, right now :)Might take a while though, but I'll post the results in a bit. I'll even do the stock standard livery as well... --Chris

Guest Savage

After a clean install, the difference in speed with my existing sim, was just TO much - and yes, no problems (Almost 100MB less memory usage as well)... Again, it would seem this is a scenery issue. I have since removed GEPro from my sim. It's been running and flying for close to 12 hours now, and I have no issues what so ever (Except that my Queen is a bit messed up now, but I'll sort that out)...

Hi,Just to add to this, I, too, believe that the Queen occasionally conflicts with scenery.After attempting to fly into Tallinn (EETN) three times, followed by another flight into Helsinki (EFHK) and all four flights ended with the out-of-memory error, literally right on finals, I managed yesterday to fly a long haul from Heathrow (EGLL) to Boston (KBOS) with no issues and with the freeware stunning Boston 2 scenery.Today, I'm flying the return leg, departing at 15:30 UTC and hopefully there will be no issues. Also, using the UK2000 Heathrow Pro V2 scenery.I will keep you posted.cheers,Lee

Lee James
Desktop Pilot - www.virtualairlinepilot.org

Instagram - virtualairlinepilot_lee
Check out my Adventure Videos & FS Reviews on YouTube at VirtualAirlinePilot !

spacer.png

Did KSFO-KSEA in both my 744 and 763, got the OOM in both cases.Something just occurred to me though: I do almost all of my flying at night, so the OOM's I've had with the 744 and Ultimate Terrain USA maybe due to a part of the scenery that only shows at night (ie the points of light).One thing I might try is the same route but in day time, would be interested to see if this issue is in any way connected to the lighting.Are people getting the OOM in daylight hours?

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest Peter Lloyd

I was having this problem with the 744 and do not have any of the add-ons (cleared everything out for the 744).Turned out to be the Windows swapfile. Deleted the swapfile then set it up to be managed by the system, and the problem went away.There is a posting on the Microsoft site about this.Have managed a round the world flight in 5 legs without a single CTD.Worth a try.Peter

I was finally able to isolate and temporarily correct my OOM with the PMDG744. I uninstalled Holger's cascade north west scenery and the problem persisted so the last thing that filemon was showing that the sim was calling a multitude of times (successfully calling) was the DBS Cockpit.ini file, so I removed the module from the modules folder, and reflew my flight from KMWH to KSEA and finally the page file usage stayed the same from beginning to end, the sim was so smooth I was able to hand fly the landing. The page file memory started as usual around 1GIG and finished after landing stood at 1.14gigs as opposed to 2+ gigs I would see everytime I tried this flight. My challenge now is to see if I can figure out how to fix DBS so it stops calling for the the cockpit.ini file and holding on to close to 500MB of page file memory.

Guest Peter Lloyd

Ryan, my system at home is pretty much all new and 100% PMDG. Took everything else off. No add on scenery, no accessories and a very light loading in terms of non-FS stuff. (Not even an internet connection, I lug it to the office to install PMDG stuff).Its a reasonable spec system with 2gb ram, 250gb disk, 3.4ghz P4, NVidia 256mb. I do have the 737-600/700.I set the swapfile to 'system managed' and this cured the problem for a long while. Had a CTD yesterday on short finals into Manila from Anchorage - and once again it seems to be ATC that triggered the crash. Several times before it has happened as ATC has come up with landing clearance or similar on finals.Interestingly I have never had the problem with PMDG's default liveries in over 150hrs on the 744 and 744-FPeter